Shocker in the heart of Mumbai, School Girl paraded nude

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by The Messiah, Nov 2, 2012.

1. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

Shocker in the heart of Mumbai: Paraded naked, girl kills self

15-year-old Sneha was assaulted, stripped and paraded in Sewri by vengeful neighbours when her mother had gone to lodge a police complaint against them over a brawl; traumatised girl consumed poison and set herself ablaze

A 15-year old girl from Indira Nagar, Sewri was brutally assaulted, stripped in public and paraded by four women, in a brutal backlash to a feud with her mother last Friday. Unable to bear the trauma, Sneha, the Std IX student, attempted suicide and passed away at JJ hospital in the wee hours yesterday.

Jayanti, Shivkumar, Gauri and Menka have been named as the main accused in the case. Cops have arrested one, while the other accused are on the run. For the past few months, Sneha’s mother Muthulaxmi had been involved in frequent quarrels with her neighbours in the Indira Nagar slums, over various issues.

On Friday morning, Sneha’s father Anand Peraswami, who is a chauffeur with a private firm, left for work. Soon, Muthulaxmi locked heads with her neighbours in yet another scuffle, in course of which she was brutally thrashed by the accused. Fed up, she rushed to Sewri police station to register a complaint against them, leaving Sneha behind at home, as she was getting ready for school.

As the accused got wind of a complaint being registered against them, they entered Peraswami’s house and began attacking the teenager. One of the men in the group, who has now been accused in the case, allegedly abused her physically.

“I was not at home but the neighbours have told me that that she was treated like an animal. The accused thrashed her and then dragged her out of the house, pulling her by the hair. They abused her throughout the attack. She was molested and they tore at her clothes and paraded her in the colony. I need justice,” said Peraswami, recalling the incident.

The attack left the girl so traumatised that she immediately rushed back home and consumed poison. She even poured kerosene over herself and set herself ablaze. Neighbours who had witnessed the attack rushed her to J J Hospital, where she passed away at the ICU ward yesterday.

Peraswami said, “This should not have been done to a small girl. She should have not been pushed into this. In the hospital, she told me that her attackers had done a terrible wrong, and said that they should not go unpunished.”

Local activist Dayal Bahadure, who has taken up the case, said, “We will fight till the end. The way this girl was stripped and paraded is highly unacceptable, especially in a city that is considered safe. We want the police to take necessary action, as there is a clear case of negligence by them.”

A complaint under Section 306 was only registered against the accused yesterday, after the girl succumbed to her suicide attempt. ACP Dilip Waghmare said, “We have arrested one of the women and registered a case against the other accused in the case under Section 306 of the IPC for abetment to suicide. We will nab the other accused soon.” He did not respond when asked about possible police negligence in the sensitive case.

Shocker in the heart of Mumbai: Paraded naked, girl kills self

:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

Sridhar likes this.
  3. Maharana

Maharana Regular Member

Its such a shame that we have people like these in our society. RIP Sneha.
    I sincerely hope justice to be done and quickly.

4. spikey360

spikey360 Crusader Senior Member

Why do you hope for justice? Demand it! Or do the needful yourself.
    We are talking about the blood of an innocent here!

5. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

Shameful act. A strong action needed against the perpetrators.

6. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

It is instances like this that "an eye for an eye" type of punishment seems apt and morality goes out of the nearest window.

the woman should be paraded nude also through the streets.

7. Maharana

Maharana Regular Member

Because when an individual tosses up the law & does justice by his/her own self, it just satifsfies one's ego.
    But when the system does it, it restores faith of the public.

Nagraj and Phenom like this.
  8. spikey360

spikey360 Crusader Senior Member

Then languish and keep begging for justice.