Shenlong China's mystery space plane

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
China's mystery space plane draws attention - Technology & science - Space - Space.com | NBC News

As the next secretive flight of the U.S. Air Force's robotic X-37B mini-shuttle draws closer, analysts are keeping a close eye on China's own potential space plane, the Shenlong.

Last year several Chinese media outlets reported a test flight of the Shenlong space plane that apparently included its airdrop from an H-6 bomber. But the nature of the Shenlong project's testing, as well as what the robot vehicle truly represents, remains sketchy.

Several China watchers in the U.S. have taken a stab at what the Shenlong (Mandarin for "Divine Dragon) might mean, with some experts conjecturing that the craft is simply a tit-for-tat response to the unmanned X-37B space plane.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
this plane failed in its first attempt and end up in Russia. This when they tested their JXX fighter for the first time.

mikhail

Country flag
chinis making a mysterious space plane!!!!!!!!!!!:taunt1::taunt::pound:i was laughing so much that i almost fell from my chair:rofl::laugh::fim::rotfl:

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
this plane failed in its first attempt and end up in Russia. This when they tested their JXX fighter for the first time.
You are making up stuff again, the picture you saw in the first post was dated back in 2007, expert called it "Free-fly Model", it was nothing but shell to test aerodynamic performance in atmosphere, Shenlong is aimed as developing a X37 style aerospace plane, how can this "Free-fly Model", aka shell with no engine flew to Russia and fell?

Last edited:

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
chinis making a mysterious space plane!!!!!!!!!!!:taunt1::taunt::pound:i was laughing so much that i almost fell from my chair:rofl::laugh::fim::rotfl:
that chair better be made in somewhere else or Chinese manufacturer will be sued by an angry indian youth.

mikhail

Country flag
that chair better be made in somewhere else or Chinese manufacturer will be sued by an angry indian youth.
no mate i don't buy chairs with "made in china" stickers!i would rather buy chairs from Mali than wasting my money on some cheap chini cr*p:pound:!

J20!

Country flag
So J20 was first flown in 2007?

People here should just stop pretending to be knowledgeable on the Chinese defense industry and just ask. It'll far less embarrassing than such random statements...

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
no mate i don't buy chairs with "made in china" stickers!i would rather buy chairs from Mali than wasting my money on some cheap chini cr*p:pound:!
Good for you then although I really doubt you can even afford the cheap crap.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
So J20 was first flown in 2007?

People here should just stop pretending to be knowledgeable on the Chinese defense industry and just ask. It'll far less embarrassing than such random statements...
it was people like you who has given that info, info from China is hard to come by, except J series of planes.

mikhail

Country flag
Good for you then although I really doubt you can even afford the cheap crap.
mate even the poorest of the poor here in India can afford those "so called" luxurious chini cr*ps but even they don't prefer "made in china" s**Ts:taunt1:!personally when it comes to furniture i always prefer to buy some from any reputed international brand:cool:.anyway it seems no matter how much rich you chinis become you'll still manufacture cheap,cr*ppy products!:pound:btw did you get get a raise today from CCP due to your tireless trolling in DFI:rofl:!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles