Shaurya surfaces as India's underwater nuclear missile

SPIEZ

Country flag
Till they hack into your secrets and grab the know how from the Indians. they probably , Infact I could bet my last dollar- they are already tapped into all Indian military systems. If they have done so with the US systems...then it's no big deal to tap into the Indian high value network
I don't think they find anything worth while there.

Oh! BTW OT, but there was news that the Chinese and Germans were able to hack into the US systems and get data on the F22

Country flag
Till they hack into your secrets and grab the know how from the Indians. they probably , Infact I could bet my last dollar- they are already tapped into all Indian military systems. If they have done so with the US systems...then it's no big deal to tap into the Indian high value network
I am sure India is still doing things mostly on paper. Nothing to steal like
they did out of the Pentagon. Many things are developed in more than one place
and all the info is not centralized in one place like Pentagon. And India is more
careful than hiring spies in strategic projects.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/9dba9ba2-5a3b-11dc-9bcd-0000779fd2ac.html#axzz1nQEE7HlW
Chinese hacked into Pentagon

http://pursuitwire.com/2011/12/chinese-hack-into-us-chamber-of-commerce-authorities-say/

Chinese Hack Into US Chamber of Commerce

http://english.ruvr.ru/2011/12/22/62709435.html
US jails Chinese scientist on spy charges

Last edited:
Country flag
In any case, US/India are one step ahead of know-hows of missile technology.
Chinese are still 30 years behind USA in any system and probably 20 years behind in Russian aviation tech.
They are trying to copy US with reversed engineered Russian tech.

Last edited:

JayATL

I don't think they find anything worth while there.

Oh! BTW OT, but there was news that the Chinese and Germans were able to hack into the US systems and get data on the F22
I am sure India is still doing things mostly on paper. Nothing to steal like
they did out of the Pentagon. Many things are developed in more than one place
and all the info is not centralized in one place like Pentagon. And India is more
careful than hiring spies in strategic projects.

Chinese hacked into Pentagon - FT.com
Chinese hacked into Pentagon

Chinese Hack Into US Chamber of Commerce, Authorities Say | Private Investigator News

Chinese Hack Into US Chamber of Commerce

US jails Chinese scientist on spy charges: Voice of Russia
US jails Chinese scientist on spy charges
Not sure why you two chose to show me links to or give me talking points to something I already said in my original post.

Me" Chinese hack into the US systems"
You" Oh yeah, did you know the Chinese hacked into the US systems!"

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Only that our babus still prefer a lot of their work on paper :D :D
But but .. before you come back to me, I know paper files aren't immune. Guess then nothing is, actually.

Regards,
Virendra

Country flag
Not sure why you two chose to show me links to or give me talking points to something I already said in my original post.

Me" Chinese hack into the US systems"
You" Oh yeah, did you know the Chinese hacked into the US systems!"
Didn't you say they will hack into the Indian network and steal everything like they did
when they cleaned out the Pentagon?? A pentagon style cleanout has happened to
no other country so maybe other nations are doing something right not keep everything
centralized for the Chinese to steal?

Country flag
Only that our babus still prefer a lot of their work on paper :D :D
But but .. before you come back to me, I know paper files aren't immune. Guess then nothing is, actually.

Regards,
Virendra
No one is immune but keeping things decentralized and not hiring Chinese
spies in strategic programs keeps things safe.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/nuke/RL30143.pdf
China: Suspected Acquisition of U.S. Nuclear Weapon Secrets

JayATL

Didn't you say they will hack into the Indian network and steal everything like they did
when they cleaned out the Pentagon?? A pentagon style cleanout has happened to
no other country so maybe other nations are doing something right not keep everything
centralized for the Chinese to steal?
yes, Pentagon firewall and cyber security is far less robust than India's or any country. We are not as smart or have the budget as you guys in implementing security measures, they just say we are 20 years ahead in technology to placate us. tell us where did you find this report that only the US got infiltrated and all these other countries were too smart to?

Country flag
yes, Pentagon firewall and cyber security is far less robust than India's or any country. We are not as smart or have the budget as you guys in implementing security measures, they just say we are 20 years ahead in technology to placate us. tell us where did you find this report that only the US got infiltrated and all these other countries were too smart to?
No other nation has thousands of defense files stolen like USA. Other nations maybe primitive but they kept their defense files from getting stolen and we're smart enough not to hire commie spies in their strategic programs.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...official-says/2011/07/14/gIQAsaaVEI_blog.html

24,000 Pentagon files stolen in major cyber breach, official says

The Defense Department lost 24,000 files to "foreign intruders" in the spring in what appears to be one of the most damaging cyberattacks to date on the U.S. military, a top Pentagon official acknowledged Thursday.

Deputy Defense Secretary William J. Lynn III, who disclosed the March breach during a speech to roll out the Pentagon's new cyber strategy, said the files were taken from a defense contractor. He did not say who was believed to be behind the attack or describe the nature of the files that were stolen.

But Lynn said that, over the past few years, all manner of data has been stolen, some of it mundane, some of it concerning "our most sensitive systems, including aircraft avionics, surveillance technologies, satellite communications systems, and network security protocols."

"It is a significant concern that over the past decade, terabytes of data have been extracted by foreign intruders from corporate networks of defense companies," Lynn said.

Last August, the Pentagon acknowledged for the first time that the U.S. military had suffered a major cyberattack in 2008 after malicious code was placed on a flash drive inserted into a U.S. military laptop. The code spread undetected on both classified and unclassified systems, "establishing what amounted to a digital beachhead," Lynn wrote last year in an article for Foreign Affairs.

The Pentagon's vast networks are believed to be the subject of malicious probing every day, but it is often difficult if not impossible to determine the identity of an attacker.

In a statement Thursday, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said more than 60,000 "new malicious software programs or variations are identified every day threatening our security, our economy and our citizens."

The Pentagon's new cyber strategy is built in part on a belief that the Defense Department should "treat cyberspace as an operational domain to organize, train and equip" and that it should partner to some extent with the private sector, according to the announcement.

"Our strategy's overriding emphasis is on denying the benefit of an attack," Lynn said Thursday. "Rather than rely on the threat of retaliation alone to deter attacks in cyberspace, we aim to change our adversaries' incentives in a more fundamental way. If an attack will not have its intended effect, those who wish us harm will have less reason to target us through cyberspace in the first place."

Last edited:
Country flag
Strange coincidence top 10 cyberatacks are all against USA penetrating the firewall

The top 10 Chinese cyber attacks (that we know of) | The Cable

The top 10 Chinese cyber attacks

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles