Seychelles invites China to set up anti-piracy base!

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Don't bet too much on US terminal decline. But even if US substantially decline in capabilities the military interoperability and very high level of intergration between the US, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, and don't discount the smaller ASEAN countries for the economic wind are on their sails (Vietnam and Philippines), militaries mean that the US or US-led Pacific coalition will be more than a match for China. Note that practically nobody in the region want to see Chiona as an undisputed superpower. Not even it's long time client Myanmar.

In terms of diplomatic strategies, US, Japan, Australia and to some extent South Korea are almost always acting as if they belong to a union. The political integration of these countries is not also in doubt.

Tianshan

China has a very simple but annoying strategy in the region if it does not get what it wants immediately, it will threaten economic actions against that small country... As if it is already the undisputed economy in the World. How much more if it gains No. 1 position? This is absolutely crazy.
well, how do you plan to stop our momentum?

words are nice, but in the end it is all about actions and results.

Tianshan

a decade ago, america could have easily stopped us from becoming a great power.

but instead, they seem to be building up our economy.

even today, they could cause huge problems for us anywhere and evrywhere. but they don't, instead they keep feeding our economy.

SHASH2K2

well, how do you plan to stop our momentum?

words are nice, but in the end it is all about actions and results.
well as of now Vietnamese patrol boats are ramming chinese fishing trawlers and in coming years we plan to improve it to destroyers and frigates ramming chinese intruders . what do you say?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
a decade ago, america could have easily stopped us from becoming a great power.
You don't have to contend a lone US anymore. Your China has to contend now with a practically unified Asia (unified at containing China).

SpArK

SORCERER
We already have a naval unit in victoria, seychelles with even dornier's operating.

So it doesnt matter if China gets a base.

Tianshan

Well, we don't need to stop your "momentum." You're stopping it yourselves!
how? our economic growth is well on track and exceeds expectations every year. the official target is alwys 8% but we always exceed it.

when i said "momentum", i was referring to your statement in which you said having china as the biggest economy was a nightmare.

so why is the usa continuing to fuel our economy so strongly every year?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
how? our economic growth is well on track and exceeds expectations every year. the official target is alwys 8% but we always exceed it.

when i said "momentum", i was referring to your statement in which you said having china as the biggest economy was a nightmare.

so why is the usa continuing to fuel our economy so strongly every year?

It's the law of economics. Right now your country gives the lowest cost and most return for investments for American companies (especially becuase the US government has not adopted measures to counter it). But rest assured this situation will not last indefinitely. China is lucky that the US practically gave it a free pass in the last ten years becuase of America's obsession with War on Terror. But if the deiplomatic initiatives of the current administration is to be read the US has now focused its strategic attention against your country (this attention always includes the economic side). Of course it remains to be seen up to how far your momentum (economic terms) can be nutralised. But we in SEA will be cheering for the US that's for sure. Who will cheer China? Oh I know, Kim...:lol:

Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand, Myanmar are bound to benefit from a reorientation of multinational industrial attention away from China.

Last edited:

Tianshan

It's the law of economics. Right now your country gives the lowest cost and most return for investments for American companies (especially becuase the US government has not adopted measures to counter it). But rest assured this situation will not last indefinitely. China is lucky that the US practically gave it a free pass in the last ten years becuase of America's obsession with War on Terror. But if the deiplomatic initiatives of the current administration is to be read the US has now focused its strategic attention against your country (this attention always includes the economic side). Of course it remains to be seen up to how far your momentum (economic terms) can be nutralised. But we in SEA will be cheering for the US that's for sure. Who will cheer China? Oh I know, Kim...:lol:
who? indonesia, cambodia, thailand, burma?

and i look forward to america contributing several hundreds billions to our economy next year too. :)

we'll see if america takes your advice or not.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
US the guardian of equality and justice?

It is so only in your figment of imagination。

The US does everything in its national interests and I don't blame it for that。

But it is an entirely different matter if people are naive enough to think the US savior of the world。Not even in the minds of the brainwashed:rofl:。
Dude, read the comment again..and again if you still don't get it.

Yeah, the US has its reputation as the guardian of Equality and Justice to maintain, China doesn't roll that way.
Reputation is the key word here. But they're better than China any day, atleast they're not out to Hanize the world. Oh and only zombies think Chinese rise is peaceful.
:lol: :lol:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
who? indonesia, cambodia, thailand, burma?

and i look forward to america contributing several hundreds billions to our economy next year too. :)

we'll see if america takes your advice or not.

And I almost forgot to mention India.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Last edited:

Adux

Country flag
US the guardian of equality and justice?

It is so only in your figment of imagination。

The US does everything in its national interests and I don't blame it for that。

But it is an entirely different matter if people are naive enough to think the US savior of the world。Not even in the minds of the brainwashed:rofl:。

Earning your yuan's I see.

J20!

Country flag
You Indians are so self centered! How do you turn a thread about a possible Chinese naval base in the Seychelles to fight off pirates that threaten everyone's trade, ( including India's by the way ), into a "China is evil and a threat to us all" thread? We're in the Indian Ocean to protect our trading and supply lines, not to drill for oil in other people's sovereign waters like some countries (you know WHO). Get over yourselves.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles