Several issues misunderstood by most Indians

Otm Shank

Sir,

Who said we don't admit our problems.But what matter is that if we are sitting idol over them or fighting them.

India has population of billions ,add to this people who look different ,speak different ,eat different .Now majority of this population is poor.Add to this regional rivalry,unrest .But as time is progressing people are travelling to other region,communicating mixing with each other so these barriers are falling.
.:namaste:
Thank you for the thoughtful reply ghost

As I said the perception of india Ia that its ridden of these problems. If there were more guys like you articulating the solutions indians were pursuing the perception would majorly change instead of the one that india tries to cover up or is indifferent to the problems if it happens to poorer people.

I think indians should also point out how bad things were during colonialism. Statiatics like there was 90 perecnt poverty caused by the british should be mentioned often to combat weatern degeneration of indias character.Theres a strong belief india was thriving during british occupation and indians let it get out of hand. This is the opposite of truth.

Compersion

Country flag
Deuteronomy 28:25, in the phrase esē en diaspora en pasais tais basileiais tēs gēs, translated to mean "thou shalt be a dispersion in all kingdoms of the earth"

The above compared to the below:

When someone makes silly statements and action it does not matter what race and origin they are. The Chinese people especially overseas Chinese are pragmatic and reasonable. However the term "Chinese" has its misunderstanding. Since there are a variety and different definitions of its diaspora all over the world.

Last edited:

Ragnar

Misconception 5: Chinese takes India as a threat.
Chinese government may think so, but Chinese people may not.
Actually, most Chinese are not concerned about India at all.
In the past 20 years, When it came to India, most Chinese might think about Yoga, curry, Taj Mahal.
Most Chinese were curious rather than hostile about India, because in <Journey to the West>, India was described as a state of Buddhism, and a great number of China believed most Indians were Buddhists, so they thought India is a holy land.
But recently, with the internet getting popular, our impression for India has changed.
Disgusting Ganges, poverty, amazingly crowded train, and most recently, COUNTRY OF RAPE.
Especially for those who have taken a trip to India, their first impression is INDIA IS FXXKING DIRTY.
India is too backward in nearly all aspects compared with China.
That's because India has many stubborn issues hard to solve. For example, you must first get rid of the Caste System, but it seems too hard.
Though the IT industry is something that Indians are proud of, we still can't feel the differences.
Having Alibaba, we don't have to rely on Amazon and Paypal.
Having Baidu, we don't have to rely on Google.
Having Tencent, we don't have to rely on MSN and Skype, and we can enjoy various online games.
Having Sina and Renren, we don't have to rely on FB and Twitter.
Having Thunder, we don't have to rely on any other downloading tool.
That's why Indian IT giants feel hard to open the Chinese market, for we don't need them at all.
The only pity is that we don't have a Chinese version of Microsoft, but we are trying to build one.
Our true threats are Japan, America and Russia.
Your true threat is Pakistan and your bombing population, complex religious issues and the Caste system.
India and China need to cooperate rather than to fight.
You are spot on about the caste system sir. I had assumed that it was dead in cities. Having been brought up in cities where I have never personally faced caste issues, I was recently stumped when the first question that a prospective employer at a formal interview in Chennai asked me was whether I was an Iyer or Iyengar. I said I was neither but a GSB Brahmin. But I was stunned at the audacity. Again house hunting in Chennai, people repeatedly asked me if I was a Brahmin. If this is the situation in a Metropolitan city, I really feel depressed.

captonjohn

Country flag
Misconception 7: Once a China-India war break out, India won't be defeated.
Well here I see your MISCONCEPTION. Being a country with relatively small army, small economy and less population doesn't mean a WEAK country that can be defeated easily.
Yes India imports arms a lot but don't China does the same? Yes, Indian defence Industry is not self reliant and mostly depends upon imports here you have better situation but quality rules over quantity.
Indian space program is far more advanced and reliable so that many ASEAN and European countries admire.
Chinese missile has better range and more lethal but Indian missiles are more reliable and accurate in terms of medium range. Indian missile defence program is one step ahead of Chinese anti missile program. Your missile shield is mostly based on S-300, S-400 but Indian missile shield is based on AAD and PAAD. Where your shield protect you only at first and second stage of missile launch but we are developing our anti-missile technology to counter 3rd stage of missile when it enters into atmosphere which is the hardest stage to intercept and destroy. Even USA's missile shield has not been successfully proved itself Indian development is just few steps behind then Americans. China has to travel a lot in this area.

Your reliance of arm import has ruined Indian arm industry.
True, but situations is improving slowly but consistent. India is manufacturing many naval destroyers, itself indigenously with a very little or negligible foreign technology help. Remember you bought VARAYG and re-fitted and developed it as your first aircraft carrier but India built its career from scratch. Since new government has formed there are a lot of actions coming that will help India grow in self reliance in defence sector.

Why should we fear such a country?
Of course no need to fear India as in our history we have never attacked anyone so this point is negligible.

For all your weapons are the "most advanced"?
Yes most of our weapons are not as per it should be. BUT, we have a lot of experience in fighting with obsolete weapons. Be it 1948, 1965 or 1971, we have fought with old weapons, old technology. We are used to fight outnumbered, outgunned but never got defeated except 1962 that was not a war. 1962 was a well planned military attack that provoked India and turned in big loss. By the way let's discuss about how advanced weapons we have.
1. India is already testing its new 155 mm artillery gun that is well enough to respond any aggression. Link
2. We are already working Arjun mark II main battle tank that is of similar quality like any European country. It is comparable with challenger tank and even Abrahms tank.
3. I have already mentioned about anti-missile technology development.
4. India has already developed its nuclear submarine to develop nuclear Tridant for effective deterrance.

So why your advanced jets keep falling down?
Our jets are falling because of previous governments corrupt politicians and weak policies. Mig-21 and its series should've been phased out in 20 years ago but our greedy government kept running it. It's CORRUPTION that makes our jets fall not technology.

Russians take India as an ATM and keep laughing at you for solving their problem.
Few years ago situations was like what you said but now it has been changed. We are giving money in PAK-FA but now our government is taking all measure to avoid this and we may pull up if Russia doesn't co-operate. We are choosing American weapons to give Russian message that we have choice and we will never compromise on quality.

Why should Indians tolerate that?
This is the point I agree. Why we should tolerate Chinese incursion? Several times chinese troops comes inside LAC and threaten our people. Have we ever did the same? Why we should tolerate stapled visas? Why India should tolerate heavy infra-structure building in your side and hence we are doing the same now you feel threatened.
Why India should tolerate any Chinese in Kashmir or POK?
We won't tolerate now so future may not be as good as it is. Our silence doesn't mean our weakness but its silence of coming storm and strong actions in future.

In last there is a basic difference between Indian and a Chinese. We believe in good thing no matter if it is in less numbers but You Chinese believe in numbers no matter if quality being compromised. So in future if war happens we will fight out numbered, out gunned, but we will not be out manned. You will never see our soldiers letting you given an inch easily and stopping trying to get our land any way. War is not you or me wants. I like china and its culture and you like Indian culture but if we threaten each other there would be no space for aggression and bullying. Remember that. :)

captonjohn

Country flag
There is one line answer for all of this:

If there will be new Operation Barbarossa in LAC, there would be a fall of Berlin that will burn in ashes.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles