Seven blunders that will haunt India for posterity

A.V.

The most recent of all blunders is to be weak towards corruption from within the government and grassroot level

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Indian leadership (under congress mostly) squandered each opportunity to strengthen India defenses.Many here won't acknowledge it as to Bjp the Kandahar incident will always haunt them.
The yanks would have never allowed there ally pakistan to fall. It was with great reluctance and soviet pressure that they let go of bangladesh. Indira gandhi would have invaded pakistan after bangladesh had gotten its independence but even the soviets weren't pledging there support incase usa intervened directly which it nearly did in the bay of bengal.

The remaining points i agree completely.

Last edited:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Is there any point in enumerating seven rather inconsequential blunders in India's recent history? The past is past, and woe to those who must live in the present.

There are many other blunders in India's history. The Ibadat Khana should have been continued. The British East India Company should have never been granted trading rights. Perhaps Pusyamitra Sunga was wrong to revive Brahmanical influence.

I can go on and on.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles