Seven blunders that will always haunt India

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Ray, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Received on e mail.

I have posted to understand how far the Indian population agree/ disagree with this.

What is your opinion?

maomao and ALBY like this.
  3. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

Yes, 6 Big blunders that will haunt India for long time to come. Title says it all and all 6 are genuine blunders. I am not sure of point no. 6th as it was mistake but it didn't changed a lot. Although, It was a mistake but not blunder.

4. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

no doubts these are major blunders but I would like to add a few from my side.
    8.not striking pakistani nuclear facilities before they tested bombs. USA would have supported us indirectly.
    9. creating LTTE first and then giving a go ahead for its destruction before negotiating a deal for Tamilians in Sri Lanka.
    10 . neglecting defence equipment requirements of the armed forces.

5. p2prada

p2prada Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

It's all in the past. We have to learn from our mistakes and not sit and brood about it. Both good and bad things have happened, some really good and some really bad.

An example of not making mistakes again would be demilitarizing Kashmir or even Siachen. We should not and must not even contemplate such a move.

Securing unlimited Uranium resources so our own resources can be used for weaponization. We shouldn't squander away what we have and perhaps even negotiate better terms. We need as much as we can use and then buy some more. Russia and France are our best partners.

No negotiation with hostage takers and if done it should only be from a position of strength.

Show the finger to anybody trying to influence our sovereignty.

Not to take part in international religious and ethnic dramas like the Arab-Israeli issues, Tamil-Sinhalese issues, Black-White dramas and Communist-Western Democracy theatrics. We have plenty of our own such issues to take care of first. We can act as mediators though, like Norway does.

Peace talks with Pakistan must continue.