Send half-Japanese Admiral Harris to meet Chinese anti-ship missiles

Martian

Respected Member
I'm not talking of war buddy.
I'm saying you're now an American citizen. :p Your aren't happ though.
I've been an American citizen for almost 30 years.

I am happy. My hobby is geopolitics with an expertise in China (and Taiwan).

Like everyone else, I merely express an opinion and let the reader decide whether I'm right or not.

As a matter of logic, I am too insignificant (as one of the voices in the peanut gallery) to affect the outcome of world affairs. Thus, I merely post to share ideas with fellow military enthusiasts.
----------

In real life, there isn't a military enthusiast living within 100 miles of my location.

Hopping on the internet to share some views on military technology, strategy, etc. is convenient.

Someday, I might get tired of this hobby. For example, new military technology may take too long to develop and I might get bored. When the time comes, I'll go find something else interesting to do.

However, I think I'll hang around for just a while longer. I'm waiting for China's Type 095 SSN and Type 096 Tang SSBN. I'm wondering if the Type 096 Tang SSBN will have a "hump" on its hull.

I've been here for seven years. I'm pretty sure that I won't stay past ten years. I plan to walk away at some point in the future.

A lot of the Indian guys (e.g. Nitesh, Daredevil, etc.) that were here seven years ago are now all gone. It feels a little weird when all of the people that you used to argue with are no longer present.

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I've been an American citizen for almost 30 years.

I am happy. My hobby is geopolitics with an expertise in China (and Taiwan).

Like everyone else, I merely express an opinion and let the reader decide whether I'm right or not.

As a matter of logic, I am too insignificant (as one of the voices in the peanut gallery) to affect the outcome of world affairs. Thus, I merely post to share ideas with fellow military enthusiasts.
----------

In real life, there isn't a military enthusiast living within 100 miles of my location.

Hopping on the internet to share some views on military technology, strategy, etc. is convenient.

Someday, I might get tired of this hobby. For example, new military technology may take too long to develop and I might get bored. When the time comes, I'll go find something else interesting to do.

However, I think I'll hang around for just a while longer. I'm waiting for China's Type 095 SSN and Type 096 Tang SSBN. I'm wondering if the Type 096 Tang SSBN will have a "hump" on its hull.

I've been here for seven years. I'm pretty sure that I won't stay past ten years. I plan to walk away at some point in the future.

A lot of the Indian guys (e.g. Nitesh, Daredevil, etc.) that were here seven years ago are now all gone. It feels a little weird when all of the people that you used to argue with are no longer present.
No Problem Buddy, I will remain at least for a decade. :p
Moreover, I'm a freelancer. So, won't leave my hobby soon anytime.

Bahamut

It appears he is acting in the best interest of Japan.

Admiral Harris does not seem to care about putting American lives in harm's way.

Obama is right. Admiral Harris is wrong.
He is not acting in best interest of Japan either ,i doubt there is any Japan public for war,look the way the protested against the change in constitution ,they only violence they are ok are in anime .That gen is acting in the best interest on Military Industrial complex that want endless war for it profit .

porky_kicker

Country flag
No. You're wrong.

I'll give you three examples.

1. China detonated a 3.3-megaton thermonuclear weapon in 1967. After building thermonuclear warheads for 50 years (1967-2016), China can fry Japan at will.

2. China built its own WS-10A turbofan engine. Japan has never built its own turbofan engine.

3. China builds its own Chengdu J-20 and Shenyang J-31 stealth fighters. Japan is experimenting with a tiny trainer-sized stealth project.

By any measure, China is far more advanced than Japan in military technology and might.
lolzzz :biggrin2:
do you know that with 47 metric tons of separated plutonium, Japan already has one of the largest stockpile, and god only knows the real figure since the Japanese aint fools to trust the Americans with every secret.
ever wonder why the Japanese which has signed international non proliferation agreements , needs so much plutonium in stock...... :biggrin2::devil::devil:

Martian

Respected Member
lolzzz :biggrin2:
do you know that with 47 metric tons of separated plutonium, Japan already has one of the largest stockpile, and god only knows the real figure since the Japanese aint fools to trust the Americans with every secret.
ever wonder why the Japanese which has signed international non proliferation agreements , needs so much plutonium in stock...... :biggrin2::devil::devil:
Do you know it takes decades to miniaturize a thermonuclear warhead to create the advanced W-88?

Only two nations have the W-88. The United States and China (with verified seismic data). By the way, the US never proved the Chinese W-88 was due to espionage. Without proof, we can only conclude the Chinese W-88 was convergent engineering. The Chinese seismic test was "similar," but not identical to the American W-88. Since the seismic data was not exactly the same, it strongly hints at a slightly different design.

The Japanese haven't reached the point of detonating a crude atomic bomb. It is decades too early for you to anoint the Japanese as a thermonuclear power. They'll be dead long before they build their first thermonuclear IRBM.

China has already said it would never let Japan go nuclear. If Japan wants to try its luck, it is free to test China's RED LINE. A pile of plutonium is just a pile of useless plutonium. Japan can try to weaponize it, but they'll never cross the finish line to a completed W-88 class hydrogen bomb warhead.
----------

Source (The New York Times): http://www-personal.umich.edu/~sanders/214/other/news/030699china-nuke.html

"But it was not detected until 1995, when American experts analyzing Chinese nuclear test results found similarities to America's most advanced miniature warhead, the W-88."

[Scroll down to the end of the article and look at the bottom-left corner]

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
:cool3:1. building a nuke is not rocket science , provided u have the materials handy
Do you know it takes decades to miniaturize a thermonuclear warhead to create the advanced W-88?
who cares ?
as if the targeted Chinese peons in the mainland will stop to enquire if the warhead raining on them is the advanced W-88 and die twice if confirmed .:bounce:

I am not a scientist or such but I know of one thing that matters that is PEDIGREE the japs were doing research in nuclear weapons while the Chinese were running around waving swords.
their technological prowess is still ahead of china.
so my bets on their side if they nuclearize

China has already said it would never let Japan go nuclear
yaw...... u starting to sound like a porkistani :crazy:
reality is there are too many unpredictable variables on when , how , with whose help japan would nuclearize and how successfully they can keep a secret.
they might even have a few of them now . how would u and I know or any body know.:cool3:

my concern is the delivery systems , but the japs are kamikaze crazy if they want to they might just have a badass Samson option in place.:biggrin2:

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
No. Admiral Harris is unreasonable.

Every US administration has said that the United States has no territorial interest in the South China Sea.

Obama has already provoked China by sailing within 12 nautical miles of a Chinese island.

FONOP has already been established.

Harris is arguing for even more confrontation. He wants to keep pushing until there's an actual US-China war.

Harris' plan is not in the best interest of America. However, it is in the best interest of Japan. Japan resents the United States for the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Japan also resents China's large continental mass. Thus, it is in the best interest of Japan to see the United States and China go to war.

In conclusion, Harris is not acting on behalf of Americans. Obama is.
Even though USA does not have any territorial interest, we have to look at the strategic interest first of all then rest follows.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
China has already said it would never let Japan go nuclear. If Japan wants to try its luck, it is free to test China's RED LINE. A pile of plutonium is just a pile of useless plutonium. Japan can try to weaponize it, but they'll never cross the finish line to a completed W-88 class hydrogen bomb warhead.
Oh please.. you can cut down on your fake chivalry. Japan, a group of small islands, took on mighty USA, and in no way were the USA in a position to win without the nuclear bomb. This is who and what Japan and the Japanese are.
Let's not forget how they utterly subjugated you Hans, Koreans and other SEA nations. If Japan wants to go nuclear, no force in the world can stop it, let alone full-of-hot-air China.
It's called the "Rape on Nanxing" and not the Rape of Kyoto for a reason.

raja696

No. Admiral Harris is unreasonable.

Every US administration has said that the United States has no territorial interest in the South China Sea.

Obama has already provoked China by sailing within 12 nautical miles of a Chinese island.

FONOP has already been established.

Harris is arguing for even more confrontation. He wants to keep pushing until there's an actual US-China war.

Harris' plan is not in the best interest of America. However, it is in the best interest of Japan. Japan resents the United States for the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Japan also resents China's large continental mass. Thus, it is in the best interest of Japan to see the United States and China go to war.

In conclusion, Harris is not acting on behalf of Americans. Obama is.
Even i want the same like japan... :) which you claim?

Martian

Respected Member
Think about it.

Japan has been sitting on the pile of plutonium for decades. Why haven't they tried to weaponize it?

The answer is straightforward. China will annihilate Japan if it tries to build even an atomic bomb.

Chinese patience has limits. China has decreed that Japan may never possess a nuclear weapon (atomic or thermonuclear).

Bahamut

Japan has been sitting on the pile of plutonium for decades. Why haven't they tried to weaponize it?

The answer is straightforward. China will annihilate Japan if it tries to build even an atomic bomb.

Chinese patience has limits. China has decreed that Japan may never possess a nuclear weapon (atomic or thermonuclear).
I agree but I would like to add the public in Japan is very pacifist and I do not think they non nuclear WMD ,forget nuclear WMD.

porky_kicker

Country flag
look fella
i am not a Japanese , and i aint batting for them

Think about it.

yeah sure :pound:
u remind me of a one eyed cyclops who by the way has only black and white vision.

Chinese patience has limits. China has decreed that Japan may never possess a nuclear weapon .
Shinzo Abe reply :bs: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

difference between weaponizing capability and weaponized are very subtle, if your goals are not political but purely security and deterrence than the pacifist :cool1: latent ability to have weaponizing capability is more than enough given the fact that japan has the 1st tier nuclear deterrence umbrella provided by America .
and cherry to the cake is the 2nd tier latent :devil:, unassuming :devil: , non threatening :devil: , pacifist :devil: blah blah :blah: weaponizing capability together with the technological skills and resources to have a minimum turnaround time to deliver finished nuclear bombs when required.
ignore the japs at ur peril
lol i meant at your countrymens ( chinese :biggrin2: ) peril.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles