Sena, MNS slam SRK over Pak aid

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Oracle, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oracle

Oracle New Member

MUMBAI: The Shiv Sena (SS) and the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) have targeted actor Shah Rukh Khan for agreeing to help Pakistan's flood victims.

While MNS chief Raj Thackeray has called for a boycott of Shah Rukh's films, the Sena on Friday slammed SRK in its mouthpiece Saamna.

The Sena claims that the actor will host a dinner party at a restaurant in London on Sunday for a Pakistani TV channel. The event will also include a fashion show and a song-and-dance event.

The paper also alleges that while the country mourns the victims of the 26/11 terror attack, the actor is "going to dance and sing" for a Pakistani channel.

There are several posts on the web about the tickets for the dinner being sold out and the top table, which will allow one to share the same with the actor, will cost £500.

Sena MP Sanjay Raut said, "At a time when Mumbai is observing 26/11 and expressing anger against Pakistan, there should be a probe on why Shah Rukh has (expressed) love for Pakistan . The ministry of external affairs must seize his passport. There is no need to show a pro-Pakistan stance and this betrayal of the nation."

Raj said Shah Rukh's films should be boycotted. "Only then these people will know the meaning of national pride," he said.

Source: Times of India

3. Oracle

Oracle New Member

There is something seriously wrong with this guy. Maybe he fell on his head after he was born. His over acting adds to his idiosyncratic gestures.

4. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

Sometimes his attacks make sense imho i find that disgusting that an Indian when the commemoration for 26/11 is nearing will go and dance for our purist neighbour.Political correctness and all this blah blah i'm sick of that sh!t

5. Vinod2070

Vinod2070 मध्यस्थ Stars and Ambassadors

I think Indian actors should stay away from Pakistan and have nothing to do with it till terror flow is stemmed from that country.

6. ahmedsid

ahmedsid Top Gun Senior Member

Shahrukh Khan is an actor, an Artist. He is lending his services by being a part of the Show organised by the TV Channel for the Flood Victims. We should understand that, Human Suffering, be it of a Pakistani or an Indian is the same. Pain is the same, and the calamity in Pakistan is a human disaster and their Govt Machinery was not able to do anything and it was organisations like LeT which have ulterior motives for helping the victims. Let Shahrukh Khan chip in, like Angelina Jolie did, and I dont see a problem. If one single life is Saved by the money collected in SRK's name, that would be enough. Remember, human suffering is the problem here and If I see a Pakistani hanging from the cliff, going to fall off (Barring he is a Terrorist) I would help the Man/Woman up. I wont let him Die, just because he is a Pakistani.

We are the country which Produced Gautama Buddha and Mahatma Gandhi, showing Mercy is not a sign of Weakness. I am a bit old school when it comes to emotions such as this, as I still believe in Human Goodness.

7. shah rukh must remember all his fame,glamour and fortune has come from the work he did in india and the love and respect he showered by the people of india on him and not his"pakistani" fans.if he wants to show sympathy and solodarity towards flood victims of pakistan why didn't he show them towards the victims of recent cloudburst in leh like aamir khan?

8. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

MNS has no right to talk about national pride after what Raj's goons have done to Bihari and north Indian railways students. But what SS and MNS say is true. SRK's nostalgia of his ancestral home-region is making this anniversary look like an insult to the spirit of all those who died fighting against Pakistanis till date.

I find SRK's engagement for Pakistani funds offensive. Rather than hosting a charity even to perhaps compensate the families of those who lost their loved ones on 26/11, he has decided to support a country that is the cause of this tragedy and knowingly still remains so. Very disappointing decision from a star who is respected as the for the nation.

Pain is the same I agree. But Sir, this pain is not our problem and especially not to a country that has ended the lives of scores of Indians, reduced thousands of women as widows and children as orphans or parents as child-less. It is not our responsibility that Pakistan decided to brutally split the India that was there before our independence and therefore it is NOT our responsibility that they prosper or suffer painful demise. We should just extend our sympathy and not engage in apologetic gestures like this which undermines the respect of soldiers who fought against these very people and gave the supreme sacrifice.

Think about what the family of all those martyred soldiers would be thinking of SRK. They won't be thinking that he is helping a human because these humans of Pakistan are the cause of their miseries today. The point raised by MNS and SS is toned very harshly but won't you agree with the part that I underlined above than SRK showing sympathies for a country that has never shown anything of the same to us? And this is not the first time SRK is being so for Pakistan. There are numerous interviews in which he has always been almost embarrassingly apologetic towards a country that has caused so much bloodshed in our land.

Celebrity or not, he must remember that he is what he is because he is in India and an Indian and must treat enemies of India as his enemies and friends of India as his friends. Angelina Jolie didn't lose anyone in US when Mumbai attacks happened, we did.

Gautama Buddha was in an era where there was some honor still left and His teachings never mentioned to be weak. Gandhi's principles caused this nation to be torn apart and caused some of the biggest massacres. What principles were meant to be good for 1 person, ended up being a disaster for the whole country since a country is more than 1 person and Gandhian principles are unrealistic when it comes to managing a nation. Incompatible, impossible and impractical.

I understand what you are trying to say about saving a life but Pakistan chose the destiny for itself with a dozen lies, propaganda and hatred against us. They are our enemies and will be forever so. What was considered chivalrous in Buddha's era isn't considered so today; every era means mankind has to change to some extent and hence adopt. This era such principles means insulting the spirit of all those who laid their lives for us against this very enemy.

What is considered as Mercy here IS weakness and a sign of cowering. Today it is all about one's own nation and people and we have enough disasters to donate such money to.

Where was Mr. SRK when Leh floods took place? Where was he when Bihar was awash in chaotic floods sometime back? This time, Typhoon Jal from Indonesia struck India leaving 60 people dead and many homeless in Andhra, Tamil Nadu and Odisha. How come such noble thoughts didn't strike this actor then?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  9. ahmedsid

You Mention its not Our Responsibilty to help the people suffering in the floods. Well, I am not amazed or surprised, because the world we live in is like this. But one thing, Compassion is to be nurtured. In My Family, since I could remember being a Kid, I was warned and told not to hurt animals, ants and other beings for fun. I grew up with that notion and whenever I see Suffering, I too Suffer. I dont consider it a weakness that, someone who did me harm and hurt me, asks a help of me, and I help him or her. I was brought up this way.

So tomorrow, if some Ill may befall your family (God Forbid and It wont I am sure) and people say, Its not our Responsibility, what will you feel? That you deserve it? That even though they can and could help, they didnt because its not their responsibility?

If SRK Was helping the Pak Army or the Elite among the population, I would disagree with this action, But he is helping the Starving, the Homeless, the Sick! I dont see a reason to go against it.

And About people saying SRK Hasnt done anything for our Flood Victims, I ask you, How would you know he did or did not? His Tax returns are personal, as far as I know, unless you have access to his charitable contributions, I wont be believing all that you are saying.

The MNS and Shiv Sena are giving this coverage and thats why its in the News, otherwise no one would know. SRK along with actors would have donated to our Calamities, but its not News coz its doesnt have Political Colorings. So stop the whole, where was SRK when India Suffered.

And Yeah, I believe India doesnt accept much Foriegn Aid in such calamities. India is self sufficient to meet such calamities if I am not wrong, do correct me. Pakistan on the other hand is a pot of human suffering and suicide bombers! A Deadly Combination, which they have themselves brewed, But I still will give a helping hand to a Pakistani falling of a cliff (Yeah, unless he is a one eyed Terrorist). God Speed

10. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

I may not be "Einstein", however, I still know how much Dollar AID/BHIK pakistan is getting, the amount is in Billions. I can only say its utter shamelessness on the part of media elite and these semi-illiterate actors (aka Bhand & Mirasis) that they forget all the massacres conducted by pakistanis on our soil, and go back to fund pakistan, which will do nothing but fund ISI and other jihadi groups with our own money. I remember how pathetic was the opinion of Slaman Khan about 26/11.

In my honest opinion, if these actors love pakistan so much, they should pack their bags and leave for pakistan-their beloved homeland and lets see how these so called great actors (pun intended) survive in pakistan with their pathetic skills which they call acting!

P.S: How much donations these actors who love pakistan, have generated for poor 26/11 orphaned families and victims? I am dying to know a figure and would compare it with what they have donated or generated for pakistan!!

11. tarunraju

tarunraju Moderator Moderator

Lol, at the people supporting Shahrukh's charity-gesture. On the one hand we bi*ch endlessly at regular US aid to Pakistan, on the other, we're branding Shahrukh's aid (which will be routed through the same Pakistani government through which US aid goes) as acts of charity/human goodness. :happy_2:

Come on, we know that whether or not his intentions are genuinely charitable, he sure as hell knows that the Pakistani government does anything but charity with the "aid" it gets.

12. Rage

Rage DFI TEAM Stars and Ambassadors

I'd agree with SRK giving aid to Pakistani flood victims. Humanity has no borders after all.

But if he's doing it for a Pakistani 'private' TV channel, I think there are more constructive opportunities and ways in which he can use his time, in his own country.

And the reason I say that, is when you raise money through Pakistani '3rd party intermediaries', inevitably some of that money gets siphoned off.

Shah Rukh Khan should keep this quiet and low-key, and use some of his vast wealth to personally improve the livelihoods of some of the flood victims.

That said, I'd like to see what the MNS and Raj, nephew of [email protected] Thackeray, have done for the 26/11 victims. Big organization, champion of Maharashtra's rights and al.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  13. ahmedsid

I am not asking you how much you donated to the 26/11 victims, But how much did you donate to help some poor folks in your neighbourhood or locality have a decent meal? Its a quite personal question, isnt it?

All these questions of how Much Aamir, SRK et al have donated to 26/11 or Bihar Floods and all are personal. They didnt get media coverage for it because MNS or Shiv Sena didnt take it up!

People giving Charity, will be mostly quiet about it, unless you are a loudmouth who does stuff for Publicity. I for one, wont tell you how much I keep donating to charities, because again, Its Personal!

14. ahmedsid

I too share the fear of corruption when the money is handled, but its a fact that some money will be kicked back by the Channel as "Expenses" but I would be still happy if SRK Helps a single flood victim.

And Oh Yeah, [email protected] (Loved that Rage!) Thackeray hid behind his simhasan as terrorists terrorised Mumbai! After it was over, he and his family came out and "Roared" hahahha

15. ahmedsid

Is the Pakistani Govt the only entity doing aid operations in Pakistan? I believe (Do Correct me) Right From Taliban, LeT, JuD, UNITED NATIONS, to Angelina Jolie have dabbled in Aid rendering in Pakistan. We dont know how the TV Channel is gonna route the aid, till then I wont speculate.

16. Rage

Rage DFI TEAM Stars and Ambassadors

But see, that's where I disagree. Shah Rukh Khan should not be giving money to 'third party intermediaries', because that is exactly where the problems lie.

Organizations like Red Cross and Red Crescent for instance, utilize as much as 30% of their funds as overhead expenses. That means every 0.3 of every र you give goes to the personal upkeep of these organizations. With respect to the TV channel, we don't know where it's other loyalties lie as well. They could be siphoning off money to give to 'charities' like J-u-D for example.

Shah Rukh would have no trouble getting a visa to Pakistan. I'd rather see him take his family, and do social work in Pakistan for a day. At the grassroots level. By staging for a TV channel, he actually gives publicity and credence to these 'third party intermediaries', which in the case of Pakistan, is absoloutely unacceptable.

17. tarunraju

A TV channel has no resources of its own to directly make use of aid. It will convey Shahrukh's funds to the Pakistani government. All aid is channeled through the government, including UN pooled aid, it's most logical, since it's a mechanism that prevents phony charity and money laundering, and in Pakistan, only the government has the resources to make use of that aid. So ultimately all aid reaches the government.

The sad part, however, is that Pakistani government itself has a known record of misusing foreign aid.

18. ahmedsid

I wouldnt risk my familys and my personal safety by going to Pakistan. Even Angelina had a tough time! This is the only way it can be done. Every Organisation takes some money for its upkeep and I find it okay, because they too have to survive. This might be done by SRK for some personal satisfaction, that he is doing something to alleviate the suffering of atleast one single person.

If what I read is true, SRK is not Donating Money. He is appearing at the show, and naturally people will pay more to See SRK, hence the proceeds of the ticket sales minus expenses will go. SRK is using his Brand image, and thats the charity, his Name.

Thinking of this, Many people come to my home for Charity, and We pay them some money or at times clothes, food and money. But mostly they will be carrying letters of recognition from various organisations etc and many are forged, so we cant be sure, yet we help, with the prayer on our lip that, We did our part, and if the Person is Cheating, let fate deal with it. So, I am sure, SRK must be thinking the same way, albeit in a larger scale.

19. ahmedsid

So all the Red Cross, Red Crescent and Taliban and JuD work with the Govt? I mean the Govt gives them the money? Their Collections cant be held by them? They gotta give it to the Govt of Pakistan?

20. tarunraju

Ahmed, people are not pissed off at SRK for being soft on Pakistan because he's Muslim, but because he's soft on Pakistan. Same with Salman. Their faith has nothing to do with it. Hence please don't see people angry at SRK with a faith angle. So there's no need to bring Aamir into this. The nation applauds their charity, but does not take kindly to their helping Pakistan.

Pakistan does not deserve any aid, it does not deserve any "sharafat", especially not around the same time as when the nation is mourning 26/11.

21. ahmedsid

Tshering22 51 Minutes Ago [x]
    All the respect I had for SRK goes down with this one of his many apologetic sympathy for Pakistan in all these years. Some people cannot help being nostalgic even if it at the cost of looking treacherous. Very disappointing.

I dont know what you meant by Nostalgic! Did Shahrukh Khan spend his childhood in Pakistan? Or, Is Pakistan considered the homeland of all Indian Muslims? Could you please make your use of the world "Nostalgic" more clear? Or How SRK is treacherous?

And Yeah, Tarun, I am not looking at the Religious angle, but some are.

Pakistani Govt doesnt need a reprieve. But the people suffering without a blanket or food or medicine, sure need some help, regardless of them being Pakistanis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.