Security breach in BARC

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Heard on TV that IB has asked BARC to upgrade and and strengthen security and cited 25 security breaches in BARC in the last two years.

No good is good news these days as far defence and security matters go.

Dr.Mihir

Heard on TV that IB has asked BARC to upgrade and and strengthen security and cited 25 security breaches in BARC in the last two years.

No good is good news these days as far defence and security matters go.
The news on the TV channel was rubbish. Have a look at the latest press release on the BARC web site. In the TV report, also placed on CNN-IBN website and covered by some other sections of the media, the apprehending of loiterers outside the security fence is counted as intrusion. The 'score' also includes the vagabonds caught in the residential colony, that has nothing to do with BARC security system! It is lamentable that instead of lauding the alertness of the security in place, irresponsible media persons strive to not only demoralise the security personnel but also tarnish the image of institutions all patriotic Indians are proud of.:frusty:

- Mihir

Poseidon

Country flag
Getting to into BARC is very easy unfortunately,you just need to utter an address to get in.
Security must be improved.

Dr.Mihir

Getting to into BARC is very easy unfortunately,you just need to utter an address to get in.
Security must be improved.
I think what you mean is the residential colony called Anushaktinagar, which has 40000 residents belonging to all units of the Department of Atomic Energy. Bhabha Atomic Research Centre is the high security centre where the research and development gets done. This has been clarified in the Press Release on the BARC web-site, I have referred. BARC and Anushaktinagar are two different campuses. Recently I have noticed a huge security portal and large deployment of security personnel in Anushaktinagar too.
Thanks for your comments.

Last edited:

Iamanidiot

I think what you mean is the residential colony called Anushaktinagar, which has 40000 residents belonging to all units of the Department of Atomic Energy. Bhabha Atomic Research Centre is the high security centre where the research and development gets done. This has been clarified in the Press Release on the BARC web-site, I have referred. BARC and Anushaktinagar are two different campuses. Thanks for your comments.
Please post a bit more about yourself in the intro thread.If you search some of the archives here there is very good stuff about Nuclear doctrines and Sundarji

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I think the doc is a good addition to the forum. I think we may have someone who knows things!

Welcome to DFI doc. Please introduce yourself in the intro section and look at threads here on nuclear weapons and related issues.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles