`Secularisation` of ancient temple by TN govt

Status
Not open for further replies.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Why not just tear down every mosque, temple, and church and build schools, hospitals, and libraries (things which actually benefit humanity) on top of them? That is much more secular. :hmm:
Just like Taliban bombed down the Bamiyan Buddhas...:hmm:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Just like Taliban bombed down the Bamiyan Buddhas...:hmm:
I didn't know that statues are houses of worship. :notsure:

But I would spare any mosque, temple, or church that is an UNESCO World Heritage site with considerable cultural/historical value. :pft:

sob

Mod
Country flag
Even Egypt which is an Islamic country spends a huge amount preserving the structures of the pharos who clearly followed a pagan religion. Millions of dollars were spent by the Egyptians to save many monuments which were in danger of being drowned when the Aswan Dam was being built.

This is not just about religion, but about your cultural heritage. This clearly was an important monument and needed to be restored to it's original glory and not vandalised by it.

BTW, I am sure had they asked Mr. Kalam, he would never have agreed for his portrait/sculpture on the doors to this structure.

Zoravar

This is just ridiculous,you don't 'secularise' a place of worship.

Adux

Country flag
Atleast Gandhi, Teresa and Kalam has actually done more 'real' good than some make believe gods, anyways I dont agree with this. Government has no right to be involved in religion.

Even though South Indian Brahmins the most vile of all brahmins and contuvulating text and literature written by an OBC valmiki and then manipulating millions of people for their own evil ends for thousands of years deserve to be shown every possible dis respect, similar to what Nazism get in Europe today.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Atleast Gandhi, Teresa and Kalam has actually done more 'real' good than some make believe gods, anyways I dont agree with this. Government has no right to be involved in religion.

Even though South Indian Brahmins the most vile of all brahmins and contuvulating text and literature written by an OBC valmiki and then manipulating millions of people for their own evil ends for thousands of years deserve to be shown every possible dis respect, similar to what Nazism get in Europe today.
So, by your logic Muslims who did hell lods of humiliating Genocides, Plundering, Rape, Murder and Butchery in India, which is incomparable by any means! However, Islam/Muslims are born secularists here, and they have first right on this country's resources, even if majority has to cut their own throats to give them what they want (or else be ready for your throats to be vanquished). Then how-come only Brahmin community, which had historically no power or lands, faces wrath of you and Periyar, and not the invaders and their reminiscent population.

This whole blame the Brahmin tactic was a charade created by leftists/secularists to deflect the wrongdoings of past Invaders and Imperialists, and not let people realize that it was the influence of foreign ideologies and influences which created a wreck called India, hence blame the Brahmin, to achieve expected resultants which were 1) Hinduism will get destroyed; 2) Objectives of their masters will be achieved (i.e........India becoming a leftist country and then eventually a more Sharia and Church compliant country).

This selective hatred just displays evil of a devious mind. The man chose soft and a weak target to vent out anger of failed despaired communities, and won a sainthood; however, today when there are almost no Brahmins left in Tamilnadu, whom do you blame for the mess Tamil society and lower casts are in?

P.S: No doubt, Indian secularism is such a bane! It's shameless to the core, and even if a secular person sells his mother for votes, he will be acclaimed as a statesman! I would rather be communal than dumbasss secular of the league of Antonia, Lallu, Mulayam, Karuna, Raja, Pawar, Kalmadi, Vadra etc!!

Last edited:

Adux

Country flag
So, by your logic Muslims who did hell lods of humiliating Genocides, Plundering, Rape, Murder and Butchery in India, which is incomparable by any means! However, Islam/Muslims are born secularists here, and they have first right on this country's resources, even if majority has to cut their own throats to give them what they want (or else be ready for your throats to be vanquished).
Yes.
Then how-come only Brahmin community, which had historically no power or lands, faces wrath of you and Periyar, and not the invaders and their reminiscent population.
Wait, let me guess, you are a higger caste.
This whole blame the Brahmin tactic was a charade created by leftists/secularists to deflect the wrongdoings of past Invaders and Imperialists, and not let people realize that it was the influence of foreign ideologies and influences which created a wreck called India, hence blame the Brahmin, to achieve expected resultants which were 1) Hinduism will get destroyed; 2) Objectives of their masters will be achieved (i.e........India becoming a leftist country and then eventually a more Sharia and Church compliant country).
I am all invader bashing, but that is not going to make me over look the destruction Brahmins made here, the invaders would have failed if not for the Brahmin ideology which made India weak. Brahmins at their tricks again, blaming 'foreign influences' for their tricks, let me guess aurgazeb wrote the vedas.

This selective hatred just displays evil of a devious mind. The man chose soft and a weak target to vent out anger of failed despaired communities, and won a sainthood; however, today when there are almost no Brahmins left in Tamilnadu, whom do you blame for the mess Tamil society and lower casts are in?
There is no mess there, they are trying to lift themselves out of the brahmins made for centuries. Its 60 years, they will figure it out, Brahmins can take a hike. Atleast it is better than what was pre-1947 for centuries.

P.S: No doubt, Indian secularism is such a bane! It's shameless to the core, and even if a secular person sells his mother for votes, he will be acclaimed as a statesman! I would rather be communal than dumbasss secular of the league of Antonia, Lallu, Mulayam, Karuna, Raja, Pawar, Kalmadi, Vadra etc!!
The usual wail, yet supporting the racist brahmanism

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Yes.

Wait, let me guess, you are a higger caste.

I am all invader bashing, but that is not going to make me over look the destruction Brahmins made here, the invaders would have failed if not for the Brahmin ideology which made India weak. Brahmins at their tricks again, blaming 'foreign influences' for their tricks, let me guess aurgazeb wrote the vedas.

There is no mess there, they are trying to lift themselves out of the brahmins made for centuries. Its 60 years, they will figure it out, Brahmins can take a hike. Atleast it is better than what was pre-1947 for centuries.

The usual wail, yet supporting the racist brahmanism
Have you read History? The so called evil Brahmin has always risen to protect the land whenever foreigners have invaded, do I need to cite examples for that which are ample. It has been the ideology of peace, inclusiveness and love thy invader - which created the mess we are in today. However, the whole bash the Brahmin thing is too cliche now, it's a known fact that Leftists and so called lower-caste leaders have used it for a long time to fill their coffers!

TN's lower caste are as bad as others, barring 65-70% reservations, they have nothing to cheer, their lower caste leaders have become icons/synonym of corruption! The lower caste is still poor and poverty stricken and famished looking at the western healers for Paddy!

Vedas are just scriptures, unlike Mullahs and Evangelists the Brahmins have never shoved their scriptures down your throat. I 'm sure majority of Hindus do not even know how many Vedas are there. I don't know what you are complaining about.

The usual wail has to be there, as this secularism and deliberate/hidden Brahmin hatred has resulted in the rise of such "Secular" Leaders and the resultant mess we are in today (Read again: Antonia the illiterate Italian waitress, lallu the fodder chor, Raja the spectrum humper, Karuna the loathing shameless plunderer.........).

I never knew Brahmin was a race....however, it is the same argument, which conniving Edward Said gave when he wanted to plant Islam in the US and EU - i.e yell Racist at whosoever who oppose the rise of Islamic hegemony in the west, he very well knew that they will cower down when faced with charges of being racist, yet he failed at projecting Muslims as one race and could not curb the opposition of Sharia and Sharia compliant/illiterate muslims in the west!

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
For the second time, this thread is not about Brahmins....AFAIK, Brahmins are not even involved in these temples.....

SPIEZ

Country flag
Cool it brat, this is not about Tamil Brahmins, it is about an ancient Hindu temple that has been desecrated. While we are at it Thousand Lights Mosque and St Thomas Mount should be similarly `secularised` with Shiva and Shakti murals, what do you say ?

Very nice point. In the face of pseudo-secularists

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
:hmm: I never thought of it from the cultural point of view . In that it makes no sense at all and there is no discussion there.

Secondly, from the Secular point of view, It makes no sense when the govt which cant interfere with other religions , gets to get away after interefering with Hinduism alone. Its just not fair. But hey, this is India.

By the Saffron Terrorist:truestory:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Cool it brat, this is not about Tamil Brahmins, it is about an ancient Hindu temple that has been desecrated. While we are at it Thousand Lights Mosque and St Thomas Mount should be similarly `secularised` with Shiva and Shakti murals, what do you say ?
"St.Thomas Mount" is a misnomer.

The real St.Thomas lies peacefully in a grave in San Tomasso Cathedral in Ortena, Italy and even the Pope has denied St.Thomas ever landed here..

The one who landed here was Thomas Cananaeus, a trader.

KS

Bye bye DFI
But again why is this thread being hijacked into pointless discussion and Mods not doing anything....:facepalm:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
thread closed. All 3 culprits await infractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles