Science a pygmy when compared to astrology, says BJP MP Pokhriyal

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Singh, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

New Delhi: Former Uttarakhand CM and BJP MP Ramesh Pokhriyal courted controversy after he declared that astrology is superior to science.

Speaking during a debate in the Parliament on a Bill to give more powers to the School of Planning and Architecture, Pokhriyal said, “Jyotish is a science to make calculations lakhs of years in advance. All other sciences dwarf in front of astrology. It should be taken forward as Jyotish science is number one in the world. There should be a debate on the subject.” The bill was passed by a voice vote.

Pokhriyal added that lakhs of years back, Sage Kanad had conducted a nuclear test. “Our knowledge and science do not lack anything,” he said.

Nishank also referred to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s earlier remarks on the existence of genetic science during prehistoric times. Modi had said that genetic science and plastic surgery explains the the creation of Karna and Lord Ganesha.

“People raised questions on Modiji’s comments on Ganesh’s surgery. It was actually a surgery. The science or knowledge to transplant a severed head existed only in India,” said Nishank.

His comments elicited strong response from opposition benches with MPs protesting against what they termed as 'regressive remarks'.

Science a pygmy when compared to astrology, says BJP MP Ramesh Pokhriyal | Zee News

3. Bhadra

Bhadra Defence Professionals Defence Professionals Senior Member

The advancements in Mathematics due to requirements of exact calculations for astronomy /astrology in the ancient times / medieval periods the world over and specially in India is well established. There can not be any debate about it. One needs to study History of Mathematics.

It is well established that plastic surgery existed in India before the world was aware of any such thing and British learnt that art, if not the science of plastic surgery from the local plastic surgeons in Pune where the local mendicants used to fix noses cut as a result of offences mainly adultery.

It is also well recorded and established that the west learnt of inoculations from the Indian medical professionals and the priests of Bengal and Northern India before they themselves developed robust methods of inoculations.

Considering any thing Indian as laughable is but second nature of many Indians.

Ignorance of the part of many of our law maker is but pathetic.

I recommended Dhanpal's well researched books on the subject.

4. Singh

@Bhadra sir are you an astrologer ?

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  5. Bhadra

What gives you that impression ?

However, I have studied astrology ... all right !!

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  6. Singh

My bad,

I was going to put it sarcastically : When have you heard of an astrologer going right types..

7. Bhadra

The function of astrology in Indian Society had been and continues to be very vast and an ordinary man does not realise it.

Astrologers in past had been basically the time keepers of the society :

They would tell you when the year, months and fortnights and weeks begun and ended.
    They would tell you when to expect rain, heavy rains, draughts and catastrophes.

They would tell the society when to expect wars and be ready for that.

They would advise farmers when to sow, when to seed and when to cut their crops.

Most of the time they would be correct much better than super computer based weather forecasts. Or I would put it this way _ given the resources at their command and given the level of sophistry of their tools - they did remarkably well. and they did it for millions of years without taking mankind to doom as many amongst the educated Indians would like to profess.

Astrologer were closely connected with the life cycle of the humans right after his / her birth. They determined through a collective system of observation and empiricism - when to cut the boys hair, when to put rings through his ear lobes, when to get him married, when was the time for his marriage, time for his progny, time for worship, time for austerities, time to say good buy to worldly goods etc etc.

Tell me or show me a man denouncing astrology but having no desire to consult one or having not consulted one.... Ha Ha Ha ...

Singh likes this.
  8. Bhadra

ANCIENT ASTROLOGY AS A COMMON ROOT FOR SCIENCE AND PSEUDO-SCIEN

A closer look at the subject somewhat unexpectedly reveals that compared to other ancient practices ancient astrology complies more closely with modern scientific requirements. Some important scientific paradigms may in fact prove to originate in astrology. Considering this, we should not condone the practice of separating the history of astronomy and the history of astrology, as it is not in accordance with the principle of scientific objectivity nor the convictions of the authors, as both Lynn Thorndike (1929: 3-4) and Paul Feyeraend (1975) have warned. It appears that if we also took ancient astrology in consideration, the history of astronomy and of science in general would raise fewer question marks. The history of astronomy does not need to be revised and the lack of censorship will certainly not deprive it of its scientific dignity.

9. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

I don't believe in astrology, but then there are certain curious effects that the cosmic has on people.

Aches and Pains I have seen in people increasing when there is a full moon.

While I understand the Moon affects tidal waves because of gravitational forces, but aches and pains?

There are people who feel that gems giving a field changes the human energy field. Mind material interaction.

I had heard about this study

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  10. Poseidon

Poseidon Regular Member

Lmao
    Bjp MPs are such jokers.

11. Ashutosh Lokhande

Ashutosh Lokhande Senior Member Senior Member

lol these stupid BJP mp's. they will make sure we wont need a nuclear exchange with our enemies to go back to stone age. :lol: