Scenario: In a 4 front war against China,Pak,BD,SL

Do you think Bharatvarsh can survive a 4 front war?

• Yes

• No

• Yes and it would counter attack them.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
China will lose large parts of Tibet, Pakistan will lose POK & big chunks of Baluchistan, SL will be annihilated and BD will be occupied unless their is a peaceful government installed, In process we will lose a million soldiers and few million civilians ..

Nuclear exchange is guaranteed ..

=============

Note : The Scenario is unrealistic so does the answer ..

aliyah

we have nuclear bomb too......so dont worry we wont go down alone......all 5 will be destroyed completely

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Would not military regions/ unified military command be pertinent.
Why does India not have that?
If I'm not mistaken we have commands for the services separately but not unified.
Unified military command are there in countries like Russia, and recently China.
The USA also has unified commands and they cover the whole world, not just America.

Superdefender

Would not military regions/ unified military command be pertinent.
Why does India not have that?
If I'm not mistaken we have commands for the services separately but not unified.
Unified military command are there in countries like Russia, and recently China.
The USA also has unified commands and they cover the whole world, not just America.
My honest opinion: The unified command is only possible only if defence bureaucrats are war veterans/experts.

cyclops

Country flag
Bangladesh will be encircled and Sri Lanka will be blockaded completely if they adopt a belligerent attitude.

Otmshank7

NOTE: I added with military support from Nepal and logistical support from Bhutan.which some members ignored,Now what if i added Myanmar in the Bharatiyan side?
You should clearly state which countries would be fighting India and on which fronts? Who would diplomatically and/or economically support india?

Would Pakistan attack from the west? Would Pakistan attack using its navy? Who would attack from the south? Chins? America? Nato?

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
You should clearly state which countries would be fighting India and on which fronts? Who would diplomatically and/or economically support india?

Would Pakistan attack from the west? Would Pakistan attack using its navy? Who would attack from the south? Chins? America? Nato?
I think OP is trying to discuss a total war scenario.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
A total war will always escalate to a nuke-spray. Assuming we have 150 warheads, a third will glass Pakistan, half will glass China (including SLBMs launched at the Chinese east/south coasts from nuclear submarines), and the rest for BD/SL.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
A total war will always escalate to a nuke-spray. Assuming we have 150 warheads, a third will glass Pakistan, half will glass China (including SLBMs launched at the Chinese east/south coasts from nuclear submarines), and the rest for BD/SL.
If it comes to total war, our nuclear strength will escalate exponentially. Most of our reactors will be converted to produce fissile materials as international treaties will go to hell. And I do not think the exchange will be limited to Asia.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
If it comes to total war, our nuclear strength will escalate exponentially. Most of our reactors will be converted to produce fissile materials as international treaties will go to hell. And I do not think the exchange will be limited to Asia.
Nuclear reactors will be the first casualties of a total war. We will go in with a finite number of warheads, launch vehicles, and mobile launchers.

Strategic Forces Command should prepare its own version of the "Samson Option" where total war from Pakistan+China should be met with second strikes against not only those two countries, but also oilfields in the middle-east.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Nuclear reactors will be the first casualties of a total war. We will go in with a finite number of warheads, launch vehicles, and mobile launchers.
We would be stockpiling a lot of fissile material and for a lot longer before the war escalates to a nuclear exchange. I really don't think that 150 warheads is sufficient for a country with the threat profile that India has.

Strategic Forces Command should prepare its own version of the "Samson Option" where total war from Pakistan+China should be met with second strikes against not only those two countries, but also oilfields in the middle-east.
Absolutely, a war at that scale will be civilisational, Pakistan will not be the only target.

Otmshank7

Total war against whom? Where do each enemy attack and What's the perimeters? Does Pakistan attack from west on land or land and naval? Who are enemies and supporters?

Total war

Hemu Vikram Aditya

Country flag

Kind of, Seeing Members answer to this sceanrio I am including another Scenario
Bharatiyan Front:
Bharat:- Involved in the war
Nepal:- Involved in the war
Bhutan:- would give Logistical support as they do not have a millitary force
America:- They would give us much needed Tech like LO Technology as well as economical support.
Possible Allies(Members can take this into consideraion or not its upto them)
Afghanistan:-Would Invade pakistan
Myanmar:- Seeing Bangladesh concentrate on Bharat Millitary Junta disobeying China would Invade BD.
Chinese Front:-
China;-Involved in the war
Pak:-Involved in the war
SL:-"Offensive neutrality"as @tarunraju sir wote.
BD:- Involved in the war

Main Chinese Objective:- Capturing NEFA,Arunachal Pradesh, And Nepal
Paki Objective:- Capturing Kashmir with
BD Objective:- Greater Bangladesh

Bharat and Allies Objective
Bharat:- Capturing Lahore,Kasur,Kashmir,Sindh
PakistanPoliticalMap.png

See that Indus water passage Line thats the area that Bharat needs to capture in This Scenario.
Bharat Objective In China:-
tibetan-areas-asia.png

Nepal Objective:- Same as Bharat
Bharat & Myanmar Objective in Bangladesh:-Spliting Bangladesh in 1/2 between the two
Afghanistan Objective in Pak:-
Pashtunistan Map.JPG

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
In case of this hypothetical scenario occurring, then the capitals of these countries would be wiped out first with nuclear weapons, as will the four metros of our country.
After that it will be a long war of attrition.
Since we will have everything to lose in this scenario, the attitude/spirit for a fight will be high on our side as we will literally be fighting for our existence.
BD will be wiped out completely. Of all the nations mentioned, BD is the least prepared for any sort of combat action from Indian side. They are almost completely encircled by us.
SL will enjoy a slight advantage due to Palk Strait, but am sure they will have nothing to stop the IN from bombarding their coastal infra out of existence.
Then the war will again go back to the two front war.

square

Strategic Issues
Today , USA is the sole deterence to any misadventure by any countery or allience....

as the global power of US goes down ....at the same time the powers of other rise....we may have any situation posible !!!

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Today , USA is the sole deterence to any misadventure by any countery or allience....

as the global power of US goes down ....at the same time the powers of other rise....we may have any situation posible !!!
I don't understand where this perception of US power being in decline is arising from. They still have the most powerful military that's several times more powerful than the PLA, the widest intelligence net, domination over information technology; and they just bumped up their defence budget from $500B to $700B.

The US needs to wage new wars in distant lands to make its power felt around the world, from time to time. Trump is going to hit North Korea and Venezuela before the next elections.

square

Strategic Issues
I don't understand where this perception of US power being in decline is arising from. They still have the most powerful military that's several times more powerful than the PLA, the widest intelligence net, domination over information technology; and they just bumped up their defence budget from $500B to $700B.

The US needs to wage new wars in distant lands to make its power felt around the world, from time to time. Trump is going to hit North Korea and Venezuela before the next elections.
Screenshot_2017-09-21-09-08-55-586.jpeg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles