Scenario for Restructuring Indian Army and their weapons?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I really don't have to go to Wiki.

I am conversant with the terrain, standards, threats and so on.

And I do have a few wars/ skirmishes/ raids etc under my belt to realise the issues.

I have reproduced your Post #1.

I am afraid it merely gives figures and weapons.

Why or who will man is not there and that is most important.

I appreciate that you are focused on the issue of 'job', but then the principle of fire and move does not change from a Section to a Corps.

One leg has to be on the ground while the other moves.

For two reasons:

1. To give covering fire/ distract the attention and split reserves (higher echelon)

2. In case of failure of the assault, the fire support forms a 'firm base' where they can move in, without it becoming a rout!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Kunal

10 makes a section.

Also do not forget the Demolition chaps.

I am sure you will recall Maj Cariappa of 1971 fame!

Dixit13

And Ray Shaab,

we can have two squad:
1st squad : the roles and weapons i specified in my first post
2nd or support squad: with MMG, Mortar, AS-50, 40mm grenade launchers , more Anti Tank Weapons, MPADs

Just Speculating ;)

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
2nd or support squad: with MMG, Mortar, AS-50, 40mm grenade launchers , more Anti Tank Weapons, MPADs
You cannot have Manpads, That is something AD carry not Infantry nor SF..

Besides this you can name any weapon you like to add, there is no problem but it depend what will be used in what situation as i have explained..

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
And Ray Shaab,

we can have two squad:
1st squad : the roles and weapons i specified in my first post

Just Speculating ;)
You go ahead.

This issue is one that I have taken up with many an officer and they have not been able to answer my queries and yet the soldier is getting loaded with new weaponry without a change in the organisation and increase in manpower to man these weapons.

They are now taking of micro UAVs. But no change in personnel strength!

Dixit13

why not....remember "Battle of Longewala" , if paki infantry would have been carrying MPADs the results would b much more different.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
why not....remember "Battle of Longewala" , if paki infantry would have been carrying MPADs the results would b much more different.
There was no manpad that time, I dont think anyone carry Manpads in patrols..

Dixit13

You go ahead.

This issue is one that I have taken up with many an officer and they have not been able to answer my queries and yet the soldier is getting loaded with new weaponry without a change in the organisation and increase in manpower to man these weapons.

They are now taking of micro UAVs. But no change in personnel strength!

Ray Shaab (as a Brigadier), Lets assume that you are Army chief and MOD wont interfere with your decision.
What all changes do you want to implement on squad and Company level ((also their weapon systems and tactics))???

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles