Scenario - China will take Himachal P to cut off troops in J&K

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Is that some new sort of martial art involving a lot of chest beating and making high pitched growls and grunting??
Chinese are known for martial arts not Indians. Pakistanis are known for rants, Indians do not do neither when the times comes we will do what is needed.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
And GOI planning to "trim the fat" from armed forces.

I wonder which technology do they have to replace men especially deployed at forward areas and Siachen.
Researched about it.
By "trimming the fat", they meant reducing some useless posts and jobs, suit boot wale babu, who don't fight battles and just do formalities. :D
Chinese are known for martial arts not Indians. Pakistanis are known for rants, Indians do not do neither when the times comes we will do what is needed.
Are you sure? About Indian Martial Arts. :p
Kalaripayattu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Moreover,
Indian martial arts -Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
:peace:
Though cultural thieves pakis have also tagged it as South Asian again and pre Islamic History of Pakistan.
Pakistan has a history before 1940s concept! :pound:

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Researched about it.
By "trimming the fat", they meant reducing some useless posts and jobs, suit boot wale babu, who don't fight battles and just do formalities. :D

Moreover,
Though cultural thieves pakis have also tagged it as South Asian again and pre Islamic History of Pakistan.
How many of your family members in the army ?

And who are these "suit boot" guys in the army ?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
How many of your family members in the army ?

And who are these "suit boot" guys in the army ?
Zero, I'm not such proud person. :(
I tried to go but was physically unfit.
Though I'm a rich person, I'm still weak. :p
People call me a bamboo stick.

garg_bharat

Country flag
The Chinese need to be kept at bay if war indeed erupts between India and Pakistan.

I believe two things - anti missile defences (BMD and S400) will go a long way; along with modernization of artillery.

pmaitra

No amount of discussing these things will help. We need better roads, especially beyond the Karakoram. It is the same case in Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh. Those that have visited Tibet will say how pathetic India's infrastructure is compared to the other side.

Bornubus

Zero, I'm not such proud person. :(
I tried to go but was physically unfit.
Though I'm a rich person, I'm still weak. :p
People call me a bamboo stick.
Only member in my family who can be consider as "babu type" is my cousin who is an Army clerk posted at Delhi Cantt but even he had to the clear the common physical test like GD troops and went through similar training and a high altitude posting at Leh.

Bornubus

Chinese have complete superiority especially in terms of Artillery, infrastructure,Light Tanks and PLAF.

Apart from Zero Gunships fit for supporting troops at those altitude.

It would take at least 10 years to catch them.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
The Chinese can't even think of this as an option. There are no roads from the border to either Punjab > Pakistan or to South J&K > Pakistan. So how will they supply their forces? How will they get their artillery for close support? If they try making a road for their logistics support, they'll be clobbered by the Indian army and air force.

Secondly, fighting in mountainous terrain isn't easy. An attacking force needs a combat ratio of 1:9. In other words, they would need 9 divisions against one Indian division, which needless to say is impossible considering the restricted terrain. And India has enough forces - air and land - that can be brought to bear against any Chinese offensive.

AnantS

Country flag
Let me just say assumption is too far fetched. Himachal Pradesh is not vast plains, that can be easily be used to cutoff troops by rapidly advancing troops (even if we assume there is no reaction from India's Northern & Western Command). The passes if any from Tibet-Himachal side are very few-narrow, treacherous and badly maintained(scorched earth policy). China will require hell lot of mountain troops, vehicles to mount for this task, its another matter will it be accomplished by them.

But China can do is try to capture passes and some heights near tibet-himachal border. India really has bad very bad infra near borders. But then again, since passes are few, India will respond will heavy deployment and counter attacks

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Nice topic. I was thinking about this yesterday. (Not the attach on HP but in Kashmir through Aksai Chin). In such a case, I think we should punch in inside China through Sikkim and inside Pakistan through Gujarat/Rajasthan. Cut off the sea link of Pakistan through Karachi and enter balochistan. In such a case, even if China captures some northern territory, they will be forced to retreat as the idea of gaining access to Arabian sea (Karachi port/CPEC etc.) is too precious for them.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Well that is not happening. They will try to cutoff at chicken neck.

Even if they come two kilometres inside Himachal equal retaliation will be done.
2 km? Why would we even allow them to enter 2kms inside Indian territory?

Kshatriya87

Country flag
wow ! upa had so much guts that we even lost out to unarmed or lightly armed nomads ?
wow such brave previous's goi

on one had bofors scandal, quattrochi defence scandal and on the other hand giving in to nomads ( albeit backed by prc's ) ? ....not willing to put up resistance , just collect crores from scam and live a luxurious life while the nation as a whole is being cut to pieces ?
I think that would be because the UPA is shit scared of losing in a war to china again. If that happens, congress won't be elected again. And for these low lives, staying in power so that they can steal more money is everything. It means more than saving the country for them.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
meanwhilewasn't China doing VETO against the red corner?

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Researched about it.

Moreover,
I think @Srinivas_K knew about the origin of martial arts already. Maybe what he was trying to imply was that we don't practice it religiously like the chinese armed forces do (maybe they do, I don't know).

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Well as far as I know GoI will come to know about the infiltration only after it has happened.
It has happened yes. But that is in the past. Current gov, defense minister and army chief are a different breed all together. They won't let that happen, at least that's what it seems like.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
@Srinivas_K @Mikesingh are right. HP is not an easy terrain to capture. All the defending force has to do is maintain their foothold on roads and rails. Without them, the chinese cannot bring in their artillery, tanks, armoured vehicles etc. And without those it would only be armed forces fighting a guerilla war. Once you find out the location of these foot soldiers, it should be pretty easy to bomb them with pinakas / attack choppers / artillery etc.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
It has happened yes. But that is in the past. Current gov, defense minister and army chief are a different breed all together. They won't let that happen, at least that's what it seems like.
More important is that HQ gets to know that chinese will infilterate before they even do. So such kind of capability is must.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles