SC students deliberately failed in medical school

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by The Messiah, Nov 24, 2011.

1. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

All involved in this discrimination should be thrown in jail for no less than 10 years. Bloody scum each and every one of them :frusty:

3. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

I fail to understand as to how if all SC candidates fail, it means that there is some malafide.

Many others fail too.

For instance, if some chaps of a district fail en mass does it mean that there is discrimination against that district?

Let us not become Pollyannas.

Let the papers be re-examined.

If in another exam held these chaps passed, the same paper should be given to all others since they can now claim that they would have got distinction, but have been discriminated against.

4. The Messiah

Don't be naive. These things happen.

How did all pass afterwards then ? This is not district...this college in delhi where only SC's are failing.

Adux likes this.
  5. mayfair

mayfair Elite Member Elite Member

Precisely. This happens. But some students are not blameless either. There have been enough reports of them claiming discrimination because they were unable to cut it.

"How did all pass afterwards then?"- It is likely that they were deliberately failed due to their caste affiliation and under judicial scrutiny, the examiners were forced to be impartial and pass them. It is also entirely possible that the examiners chose to take the easy way out and pass all of them to avoid legal and other hassles.

There are two sides to every coin (except Jai's brilliantly crafted King George One Rupee in Sholay).

Adux, panduranghari, Zoravar and 3 others like this.
  6. trackwhack

trackwhack Tihar Jail Banned

The principal refused to comment. If there was nothing to hide why no statement.

Instead of the original answer sheets being scrutinized and re-evaluated, the court ordered a re-exam? To hush what up?

Shameful, if true!

7. p2prada

p2prada Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

We have heard only one side of the story. Can't jump to conclusions without knowing everything first hand. Considering HC was involved we know the SC's side of the story is more valid.

8. The Messiah

High court knew both sides and ruled in there favour. What more do you need to know ?

pmaitra likes this.
  9. Ray

The court should have ordered scrutiny and revaluation by independent examiners since the bone of contention is that the test papers were which was manipulated to deliberately fail the SC candidates.

That way, the truth would have come out and the guilty, if any, punished.

That would have been justice.

By ordering a new test, the court has merely avoided taking the case to its legal end.

It is not for the courts to order re-tests and instead it is to dispense justice.

Who know that those who set the paper for the re test and those who examined were not deliberately lenient just to avoid hassles?

A most unusual judgement that does not meet, prima facie and without prejudice, the ends of justice.

10. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

This happened in IITs too, there "may" be discrimination but those with quotas find it difficult to cope in Medical(or technical) institutions, the Entrance Tests are there for a reason.

Predator and panduranghari like this.
  11. Ray

It all depends on the facts produced by the investigating agency(s), the desire of the prosecutor to present the case in a watertight and foolproof manner.

That is what one needs to know.

A coc.ked up presentation of the case, by ignorance or design, can ruin the best of all cases.

12. The Messiah

How do you know exam papers aren't destroyed once reasonable time has passed after examination ? im sure the college said they could not provide papers for rechecking since they dont have it because more than a year has passed and because of that court ordered re-test.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  13. Ray

I googled on the admission criteria for SC and everywhere I found that they have an advantage wherein an abysmal low percentage of marks allows admission, while the same is not applicable to others!

Those who have easy in life because of unnatural advantages, tend to get used to have their cake and eat it too.

If you live on dole, why work?

I believe in foreign country where there is social security, many prefer to live off that than do an honest spot of work to earn one's keep!

Likewise in India. If one is dumb, but a SC, why try to be educationally smart and clever?

14. Ray

The answer is not hard to find.

Check with any college or university and find out!

They are always geared up for legal cases that the most favoured citizens are sure to raise if they fail, and so they keep their posterior covered.

India has been psychologically hyped to be wary of the minority extravaganza in all its facets!

Haven't you seen the outrage over the composition of the Anna Team? They ask why is there not a SC rep or a Minority rep in the team. As if Corruption as a topic requires a representation of all type of diversity of this country to know that there is corruption!

Ask your Digvijayman as to what is irking him?

Use these stupid excuse and sabotage the real issue!

Predator, panduranghari and maomao like this.
  15. The Messiah

Im afraid you are generalizing here.

I myself have to tick general category box so i am not biased either.

16. Ray

What you tick is not my concern.

If I want, I can tick minority, but I won't. I am no less than any and I don't want favours!

I am only stating that this Pollyanna shedding of tears won't work.

We must now stand up as say we are Indians and judge us as Indians.

But then, the vote bank will be upset by this!

Every action in India has made everyone defensive, even the minorities. And that shows in our outlook to our progress.

Instead of making one work for his position in society, we are making them weak and desirous of living on dole and dispensation, like the junkies wanting nirvana, not by work and meditation, but through hallucinatory drugs!

Wake up India!

panduranghari likes this.
  17. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

Caste based reservation should be there but for the benefit to reach the desired people creamy layer concept must be enforced.

18. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

Thats because most of them study and have to work to supplement their family income. And they cannot afford the fancy coaching classes and tuitions the financially capable students can afford.

It would be foolish to say that all students must have the same mark/criteria when in the first place there is no level playing ground.

19. p2prada

p2prada Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Nothing in my first post contradicts what you said.

20. Ray

Good point.

But are you suggesting that others do not have to work alongside studying and that is the sole pasture reserved (sic!) for the SC?

I am astonished that you are possessed by the idea that belonging to a non SC caste deems it that the person is covered with riches and boons!

I find that thought totally foolish and be treated with the contempt that it deserves.

21. mayfair

mayfair Elite Member Elite Member

Precisely. The level playing field. As you describe it, it's being unable to afford tuition fee or additional coaching. This is an issue of economics.

In a situation where say an impoverished student who as per regulations is not eligible for reservations based on caste since he/she belongs to group not deemed socially backward, will be denied the benefits that a candidate eligible for reserved category will be entitled too, even if the latter is economically well off- son/daughter of a senior politician, bureaucrat or entrepreneur, only because the latter belongs to a socially backward class.

By what stretch of imagination, is this a level playing field?

panduranghari likes this.