SC Proves it is an anti-Hindu Institution, Bans Firecrackers in NCT-Delhi

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by tarunraju, Sep 12, 2017.

1. tarunraju

tarunraju Moderator Moderator

So apparently, mindless slaughter of defenseless animals on the streets by Muslims on Bakrid is "secularism," but celebration of Diwali by lighting up firecrackers is not. The SC (and the Judiciary in general), is the last vestige of a bygone era of Nehruvian anti-Hinduism, and has banned the entry of firecrackers into NCT-Delhi, on grounds of pollution. As if littering the streets with animal corpses and blood doesn't count as pollution. And as if blaring prayer-call on loudspeakers each morning at 5:00 doesn't constitute noise-pollution.

http://www.news18.com/news/india/sc...elhi-ncr-for-dussehra-and-diwali-1515965.html

3. Srinivas_K

Srinivas_K Senior Member Senior Member

Eid ,Christmas and New Year are gone time for NGO's , self hating liberals and leftists to emerge from their liars to advocate pollution, animal sympathy and wastage of money !

airtel likes this.
  4. pankaj nema

pankaj nema Senior Member Senior Member

No Sir ; Last year the pollution was extremely bad after Diwali

In fact people were regretting having used fire crackers

5. pankaj nema

It is a good step ; because farmers also burn their crop residue
    in Punjab ; Hariyana; Western UP

and increase the over all pollution

6. vayuu1

vayuu1 Regular Member

The ban has been removed with conditions

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

7. tarunraju

This year, Diwali is coming in early/mid-October, when no crop-burning happens.

raja696 likes this.
  8. pankaj nema

Diwali smog will not clear immediately ; The crop burning
    will happen later but will add to the overall pollution

Vehicular and industrial pollution ; burning of firewood by poor in slums cannot be stopped

So let there be no crackers for one year and see the difference

what is the harm ; everybody wants to breathe is nt it

BTW ; I vote for BJP ; please dont call me sickular

Illusive, Project Dharma and Villager like this.
  9. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

Who was the petitioner ? the trend to stop Hindu practices by SC is increasing, which is not good.

BTW I also felt uneasy to breathe last year due to heavy smoke :frown:

10. angeldude13

angeldude13 Lestat De Lioncourt Senior Member

I got bronchitis, so I agree with sc. It's september and I can feel the air quality has degraded.
    October will be worse.

Project Dharma and A chauhan like this.
  11. EXPERT

EXPERT Regular Member

What is your point here?
    Answer few questions:
    Do you consider air pollution in Delhi NCR as a problem?
    What you have to say when diplomats of foreign countries don't want their families to stay in Delhi because of air pollution?
    Why we were ashamed of our air pollution so much when Obama was visiting India and was concerned about his health due to air pollution?
    Crackers should be banned in NCR-Delhi or not?
    If the SC is biased, why hasn't it banned crackers in whole India?
    If SC is biased,why it banned triple talak?
    If SC is biased why it admitted petition on uniform civil code, article 35A?
    How are you relating burning crackers with Hinduism, is there any mention in our religious books to burn crackers in diwali?
    SC banned crackers in Delhi will increase air pollution?

And if you cant answer this basic questions then either change the Tittle of the thread or stop being Moderator of this forum.:tsk:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  12. south block

south block Regular Member

Good decision retard title.... People used to celebrate diwali when there were no fire crackers

13. Kazah

Kazah Regular Member

anyone who lives in delhi knows what happened last year, they were facing difficulties in inhaling plus a layer of smog remained in delhi for weeks

Villager likes this.
  14. Screambowl

Screambowl Senior Member Senior Member

The pollution in NCT and delhi is basically caused by that Rajghat thermal power station and diesel traffic. This is something most people are not aware of.

airtel likes this.
  15. Bharat Ek Khoj

Bharat Ek Khoj Senior Member Senior Member

Why Delhi has so much air pollution ?? Oh wait, its because firing crackers on just a day (or two).
    Didn't odd-even created heaven of O2 in Delhi ?? Is Gov/SC running out of ideas to decrease pollution that they have to attack on hindu festival.

Personally I hate crackers, but if SC can only consider air pollution and not water pollution, I am going to burst some crackers this time. (not in delhi, of course)

16. tarunraju

Yes, but I believe Diwali fireworks don't make a tangible difference either way. NGT is clubbing Haryana crop burning data with Diwali data.

Close down thermal power plant near Badarpur, and ask Haryana govt to coordinate crop-burning in a phased manner instead.

(for the record, I have celebrated Diwali in Delhi in the past 5 years.)

They can move to Beijing where the air is pristine...oh wait.

(for the record, I've been in Shenzhen on Chinese New Year when people play fireworks just like Hindus on Diwali, in the past 5 years, too. I don't imagine Beijing's air will be any more pristine).

Do you have any idea how many other frivolous things a POTUS is protected against?

Being concerned about breathing Delhi's air for 2 days is frivolous. Interesting how those same concerns weren't voiced on his visits to Beijing.

No. They are an essential part of Diwali celebrations for too many people, and Diwali is arguably the biggest festival for Hindus. If unelected Nehruvians sitting in judgement over 1.25 billion people can tell Hindus how to celebrate Diwali, then that is the end of Hinduism. Holi colors, Sankranti kites, Ganesh/Durga idols, etc., will quickly follow, because a "pollution" argument can be made for each of them.

Find other ways to bring down air-pollution.

Because that will most definitely cause riots. They'll start with Delhi, NGT will pull bullshit stats out of its behind, and this judgement's applicability will soon extend from Delhi to other tier-1 cities, towns, and eventually pan-India. This judgement is a slow-moving dagger that has already made the stab.

That's not a permanent ban, and besides, AIMPLB has openly voiced non-compliance to the judgement, and SC is yet to pull it up for contempt. What does that tell you?

Admitting a petition is not the same as passing judgement. SC has admitted petition on Babri Masjid. Does it mean I can go build Ram Mandir today?

The holy books don't prescribe methods of celebrating any festivals for that matter. Do we stop celebrating all of them? Just like community Ganesh pandals started just a little over a hundred years ago, the method of celebrating Diwali evolved over the years.

There were no Christmas trees being part of Christmas celebrations for the better part of the past two millennia. Can you imagine some court banning Christmas trees just because some Greenpeace prick got lucky with a deforestation argument?

So of course no book prescribes fireworks, but it is a way of life exclusive to Hindus, just as slashing themselves on Muharram is to Shia-Muslims, and ceremonial animal sacrifice is to Muslims. Hindus devised ways to celebrate their festivals derived from their interpretation of the holy books, and Diwali is the festival of fire and light.

Ask sane questions. It will reduce pollution, but so will banning Muslims from blaring Azaan through loudspeakers at 5 in the morning (or even Temples for that matter).

I answered your basic questions. Next time you make a personal attack, you get banned.

17. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

Fully agreed ! ..........................

raja696 and Hemu Vikram Aditya like this.
  18. Coalmine

Coalmine Regular Member

Ek bomb judge ki gaand me fodo

19. KumarG

KumarG Regular Member

Pollution control is all fine, but shouldn't it be a legislative and executive issue? Once the laws have been constructed - with or without a ban, or with or without any alternatives - only then the judiciary should come in for dispute resolution.

As others have pointed out, why no judgment on noise pollution from honking, serial blaring of namaaz from loudspeakers, etc.

Something stinks, and it's not pollution.

20. Villager

Villager Regular Member

Firecrackers should be banned everywhere not in one state. Or it should be kept at minimal with less polluting crackers . I stopped several years except for fuljhadis , don't know what is it called in English.

21. Kunal Biswas

Kunal Biswas Member of the Year 2011 Moderator

Firecrackers should not be banned, Its a way people express their joy and Diwali is once a year, banning it will hurt majority ..

If something need to be checked, Its the firecrackers itself, you can write hinglish as majority here understand it..

Its : ful-jhari , not ful-jhadis

aditya10r, raja696, Villager and 3 others like this.