Save Democracy March: Sonia, Rahul, Manmohan detained, released

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Zebra, May 6, 2016.

1. Zebra

Zebra Senior Member Senior Member

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...-jantar-mantar-by-congress/article8564801.ece

Save Democracy March
    : Sonia, Rahul, Manmohan detained, released

New Delhi, May 6, 2016

Members of the Congress party, including Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi, party president Sonia Gandhi and former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, were detained by the police on Friday.

Party workers protested the arrest outside the Parliament Street Police station, climbing over police barricades.

The party had taken out a 'Loktantra Bachao March' (Save Democracy March) against the BJP government, starting from Jantar Mantar.

Before the march, the party leaders collectively slammed the Narendra Modi government, asking them where their promised 'Achhe Din' was and accusing them of "attacking democracy."

"They don't know what we are made of"

Ms. Gandhi alleged that the Congress-led governments in Uttarakhand and Arunachal Pradesh were dislodged by the Modi regime with use of money power:

“Do not make the mistake of thinking that the Congress party is weak. We will not allow democratic institutions to be weakened or destroyed,” she said.

She said, "Today, Uttarakhand's jungles are burning but nothing is being done about it because there is no government. The BJP government is murdering democracy by taking down democratically elected governments. No matter how much they try to fight democracy, we will not let you succeed."

She asked Congress wokers to “unmask” the Modi government in a democratic way and said they would not buckle under any form of injustice. "We will take detractors head on. Life has taught me to struggle, we have faced a lot of challenges. They don't know what we are made of," she said.

“Do not try to frighten or defame us. Life has taught me to fight on,” the Congress Chief said, in the backdrop of the bribery allegations in the VVIP chopper deal case.

“Today those who do not agree with them are harassed,” she said, addressing the rally, and warned “Inke din ab poore hogaye hai” (Their days are over now). People can teach them a lesson if they continue to indulge in it.”

Targeting RSS, Ms. Gandhi said, “We have to send a message so strong that people sitting in Raisina Hill and Nagpur sit up and listen.” Accusing the Modi government of “murdering democracy and destroying democratic institutions”, she said, “I want to say clearly that whatever effort you make to destroy democracy, we will not allow it to happen. We are used to waging struggle and we have faced many challenges in the past.

“Congress is not new to struggle. We have shed blood for the cause of the nation. We are the people who have given blood and laid down our lives to protect the basic principles. We will not withdraw from it.” ........

3. Zebra

Zebra Senior Member Senior Member

' Congress is an antinational party ' I said it in past.

On top of it I said, ' Congress party is a national threat for India '.

BJP should start their own ' save democracy march ' against these people.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
    SADAKHUSH, raja696 and OneGrimPilgrim like this.
  4. HariPrasad-1

HariPrasad-1 Senior Member Senior Member

Democracy means congress and Gandhi family in particular. This is to save them from various scams.

5. Indx TechStyle

Indx TechStyle Perfaarmance Naarmal Senior Member

Catching culprits for corruption is harassment of democracy.
    :hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

One thing is sure now, I will never vote congis in my life again no matter which party will I have to vote.
    Watching this drama on TV. Me and my family will never vote them in life.
    :mad2:
    5 years or even 50 years. :mad:
    Let's compile their shameless statements.

6. sorcerer

sorcerer Senior Member Senior Member

Full of Shit...thats what they are made of.

Indians have struggled and given blood to this nation and fought for basic principles while the Italians were busy cleaning tables.

7. sorcerer

sorcerer Senior Member Senior Member

Congress is the BRAND under which A SECTION of Gandhi Family Does business with Democracy.

[​IMG]

SADAKHUSH and DingDong like this.
  8. Indx TechStyle

I can only conclude it's meaning that
    Democracy means dictatorship of Congis. At least according to pappu and that firangi mahila. :mad:

9. genius

genius Regular Member

Congress will definitely come out of this. Why? Because the bjp is not at all interested in fighting corruption or going against the congress. The bjp is doing all this to fool the middle class. It is just a show, nothing more. Similar to vadra episode, all the sanghis had wet dreams, but in the end nothing happened. Same here. Bjp is very good at making these shows for the middle class vote base. easy to fool them, lol.

DingDong likes this.
  10. 3deffect

3deffect Regular Member

manmohan didnt speak 15yrs now his voice everywhere ...may be its sonia Aunty Idea..speakup today and then be silent for 5 yrs

btw its all Congress ka drama..!!!

Bahamut and Indx TechStyle like this.
  11. Indx TechStyle

Congress is being seen dancing on roads because corruption has been struck. If you still can't get such simple points, buffer yourself from commenting on any issue. Good for you as well as us. Don't waste bandwidth of DFI.

SADAKHUSH and Navnit Kundu like this.
  12. genius

genius Regular Member

Sanghi fans have wet dreams that the bjp will go after congress. Not gonna happen. Modi is no Indira, and bjp is too spineless. All this drama will be over soon, and India will be back to normal, with no congress member being touched. Forget about Sonia or Manmohan, even the likes of Iyer will not be harmed in this bjp drama. So keep dreaming, sanghi, nothing's gonna happen. BJP will make noises about corruption to cheat the hindu voters, that;s all.

13. Bornubus

Bornubus Senior Member Senior Member

Mashallah mashallah kya prediction hai subhanallah.

Khuda kare ki Qayamat ho aur Congi ayey.

14. Indx TechStyle

But I'm not Sanghi.
    I'm an atheist and hardcore anti religious person. :D
    I'm a sickular in fact who was dumed by Congis but impressed by Modi.
    Off course, I don't want emergency as well.
    BJP's drama?
    Just like 26/11 attack and Pathankot was called India's flag job by porkies, you call it BJP's drama.
    :biggrin2:
    Doesn't something resemble?
    @Navnit Kundu @asingh10 @Bornubus
    I think he's another paki student learning in DU and living Nizamuddin Colony.
    But I'm not a Sanghi, porkey.
    :taunt2:
    Yep, and INC turned India into a heaven.

What's your real name BTW mr. @genius ? And where do you live.
    If you live in Nizamuddin colony of Delhi or study in any University in Kerala, I can bet you're a porkey immigrant. :p

15. Vishwarupa

Vishwarupa Senior Member Senior Member

Today Aaptards are in Jantar mantar to make fool of intelligent Indians.

16. 3deffect

3deffect Regular Member

i go jantar mantar..only for takeing pics (selfie) or hangout with GF:biggrin2:..politician ke liye jao..arrey naaa

17. genius

genius Regular Member

Sanghi, you keep dreaming that bjp will take action, they won't. This whole drama is staged to fool stupid Hindus into thinking, "look, bjp is going to fight corruption, sonia will be in jail, yay!" That's not gonna happen, you and I both know. All these corruption charges will go away, and things will be back to normal. But hindus will continue to have wet dreams, that's why the bjp fools them repeatedly. They fooled hindus about ram temple first, then uniform civil code, later article 370 of kashmir. And now this so-called fight against corruption. Keep getting fooled, stupid hindus. I am sure the bjp is laughing.

18. FRYCRY

FRYCRY Regular Member

Slowly and slowly congress proxies like NGOs and rNDTV have started to face backlash. Aren't u updated about uttarakhand situation ? How rawat is crying like a sissy after president's rule :D

19. adrenalin

adrenalin Regular Member

italian woman goes to march for save democacy? happen only in india. kick them out of india.

20. Indx TechStyle

I'm not a Sanghi. :taunt:
    Wasted 16 seconds of my life.
    :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:
    Anyway, buddy @FRYCRY , I think @genius not only belongs to religion of peace, he's another porky or bdiot immigrant. :haha:
    Funny thing is that he thinks he's a @genius .

21. Indx TechStyle

First sensible comment from you as per my observation. :thumbsup: