Saudi Arabia beheads Sri Lankan maid

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
So you actually acknowledge that beheading and stoning to death is a good thing in modern times as its done in Arab lands for crimes such as rape? Good to know your mentality. Don't come out and keep blaming Islam when you yourself have such thoughts in mind. Better give up on medicine.
Unlike most people, I am not a hypocrite, show a single post where I had criticised Islam for capital punishment? You are basically trying a strawman- Since I support beheading of rapists, I should also support subjugation of women as given by Islam.

And why should I give up medicine? If anything, my medical knowledge has shown me that nothing deters crime better than harsh and severe punishment!?! For your info, single death penalty in average prevents as much as 8 murders.

Anyway, why is hanging right and beheading wrong? is it because the "West" says so?Can you even justify your position:rolleyes:

And what is the non-sense regarding stoning to death?:confused: Did I claim that? more strawman...!!!

HeinzGud

Country flag
There is nothing Arab about Indian Muslims who follow local Indian traditions and customs including the clothes they wear, the food they eat and common problems that affect entire Indian population.
I'm not referring to Indian Muslims Yusuf bai. But to Islam. However there is an Arab inside every Muslim despite his location and tradition.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Shia Islam is mostly Persian in culture, rather than Arab. Even Islam in India and Turkic nations, while mostly Sunni, contains a huge Persian influence. Even basic religious words like "namaz" (prayer) in Turkish and Urdu come from Persian, rather than Arabic (where it is called "salah").

In other places at the extremities of the Islamic World, like West Africa and Indonesia, there is also a huge influence of native culture on Islam.
Go to the core, you all are brushing only the surface. The core is Arabic and it cannot be eradicated.

HeinzGud

Country flag
You are correct, if you consider Wahhabism as Islam. Wahhabism is a rejectionist, medieval, and barbaric ideology. Look at Sufism, or for that matter Iran, and Syria, and their lifestyles, and you will realize that Islam has a nicer side as well. The question is whether we should give any credibility to Wahhabism. Wahhabis reject Sufism, Shias, Ahmadiyas, etc., but then, we too can reject Wahhabism. Russia, for example, had made Wahhabism unlawful. I had once listened to a comment by one Imam from a mosque in Tatarstan, Russia, and he said that human life is most important to him. Quite obviously, that ideology runs opposite to the fundamentalist ideology of the al-SWQ fraternity.

S - Saud - political and finance arm, W - Wahhab - theological arm, Q - Qaida - military arm, of this violent entity that is causing havoc in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bahrain, Syria, and Mali, to name a few regions.
Sufism is not what Muhammad taught it is a corrupted version of Islam. What Muhammad taught was Wahabism. If anyone rejects that they can denounce Islam.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I'm not referring to Indian Muslims Yusuf bai. But to Islam. However there is an Arab inside every Muslim despite his location and tradition.
Generalized assumption. Akin to saying every Sinhala is a Tamil hating ethnic cleanser.

Tolaha

Arab countries are not the best places to work for any low income foreign labourers. The only way out of this is for all of us to develop our economy into a scale thereby negating their current desperate situation that drives folks to work without much legal protection.

Even if the sub-continent tap of labourers runs dry, they will look for Africans and Latin Americans. Nothing that can stop them!

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
A couple of questions

There is nothing Arab about Indian Muslims who follow local Indian traditions and customs including the clothes they wear, the food they eat and common problems that affect entire Indian population.
  • Why do Indian Muslims insist on learning the Quran in Arabic ? In Iran they read translated Persian versions.
  • Why not prefer one written in Indic language and script ?
  • In every mainstream Islamic school, education in Arabic is of vital importance. When this was denied (after 1857) institutions like Deoband and Aligarh sprung up. Why ?
  • Coming to the superficial points like common, clothes food etc. Why do Subcontinental Muslims have Arabic names ? Muslims in Iran and Turkey have Persianized, Turkish names respectively. Folks in Indonesia have Sanskritized names !

Yoga is not any religion specific. West has adopted it while in India itself it was forgotten until baba Ramdev started a movement to get Yoga back to the fore.
Yoga is actually one of the many paths to Moksha in Hinduism

vishwaprasad

Country flag
Saddest part for the girl and family is it happened just in a 2nd week of her job. Imagine how her family would have collected money to send her there just in a hope that she would bring good days back...unfortunately poor girl couldn't earn anything and died finally missing her home her beautiful country in that desert....people from poor countries like Srilanka, India, BD work so hard for these brainless people, off course they get paid for it but at this cost???

had heard about these type of punishments in KSA before and never really even bothered to read but I am deeply upset first time because of this Srilankan girl....whole day yesterday and even till today is very dull...don't know why?even google earthed her village Muttur....

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
A couple of questions

• Why do Indian Muslims insist on learning the Quran in Arabic ? In Iran they read translated Persian versions.
  • Why not prefer one written in Indic language and script ?
  • In every mainstream Islamic school, education in Arabic is of vital importance. When this was denied (after 1857) institutions like Deoband and Aligarh sprung up. Why ?
  • Coming to the superficial points like common, clothes food etc. Why do Subcontinental Muslims have Arabic names ? Muslims in Iran and Turkey have Persianized, Turkish names respectively. Folks in Indonesia have Sanskritized names !

Yoga is actually one of the many paths to Moksha in Hinduism
Quran was written in Arabic and is supposed to be read as such. Just like Sanskrit is the original language of Hindu texts.

Translations can be dangerous as it depends on the translator. Arabic education is therefore must for those seeking better understanding of Quran.

The persian names as in the last names may be Persian but the first names are mostly names common to the area. Most of Islamic names are names of the 124,000 prophets and other leading Islamic personalities.

My name is derived from Joseph who becomes Yusuf in the Quran or the Arabic form of it. But my last name is after my village.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Quran was written in Arabic and is supposed to be read as such. Just like Sanskrit is the original language of Hindu texts.

Translations can be dangerous as it depends on the translator. Arabic education is therefore must for those seeking better understanding of Quran.
As I said, Muslims in Iran read Persian translations. btw Rig Veda was not written in Sanskrit, nor is there dearth of religious literature in other Indic Languages.

The persian names as in the last names may be Persian but the first names are mostly names common to the area. Most of Islamic names are names of the 124,000 prophets and other leading Islamic personalities.
Nope, I'm talking about the first names.

Eg:

Erdogan (Turkey)

Sukarno (Indonesia)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
As I said, Muslims in Iran read Persian translations. btw Rig Veda was not written in Sanskrit, nor is there dearth of religious literature in other Indic Languages.

Nope, I'm talking about the first names.

Eg:

Erdogan (Turkey)

Sukarno (Indonesia)
Erdogan is last name. His first name is Tayyib.
Sukarno had a different name IIRC. Others had names like Mohammed.

Irans Ayatollahs first name is Ali.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Coming to the superficial points like common, clothes food etc. Why do Subcontinental Muslims have Arabic names ? Muslims in Iran and Turkey have Persianized, Turkish names respectively. Folks in Indonesia have Sanskritized names !
Shah Rukh Khan named his son Aryan. :troll:

But seriously, Muslims everywhere assume standard Islamic (Arabic) names. Even Iran is full of people named Muhammad, Mahmoud, Ali, Abbas, Ismail, etc. Go through any list of famous Persian Muslim historical figures and you will be inundated with Arabic names. But names are superficial; what matters is that the creed of Iranians (Shia Islam) is distinct from that of Arabs.

On your other points, it should be considered that Islam in India has historically been associated with foreign elites rather than indigenous ones. All Islamic states in India, with almost no exception, were ruled by foreigners (Turks and Persians mostly) who patronized foreign languages (Persian and Arabic). Native elites in India did not take up Islam, unlike in Iran and elsewhere, so it should be of no surprise that there was never any attempt to translate the Quran into Sanskrit or write Islamic literature in Sanskrit (for example).

Also, I think @SHURIDH mentioned something about his family keeping Hindu name after converting. Shuridh is not an Arabic name, AFAIK.

Last edited by a moderator:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
If nudity of Mali can become the part of Islam then why not they make India's custom of Yoga as a part of Islam?? its not the worship of any god its simple meditation :D
Some Sufi orders like the Shattariyya actually do practice yoga. They were influenced by the practices of Nathas, a Hindu sect. Other Sufis like the Rishis of Kashmir (a Hindu name) are strict vegetarians and practice celibacy - both traditional practices of Hindu ascetics.

This doesn't mean that Sufis were "liberals" of some sort, however, because they weren't. They firmly believed in the supremacy of Islam and were not opposed to orthodox Islam by any means. But they were also willing to adopt elements of the native Indian culture, provided they didn't directly conflict with their creed.

blank_quest

Country flag
Some Sufi orders like the Shattariyya actually do practice yoga. They were influenced by the practices of Nathas, a Hindu sect. Other Sufis like the Rishis of Kashmir (a Hindu name) are strict vegetarians and practice celibacy - both traditional practices of Hindu ascetics.

This doesn't mean that Sufis were "liberals" of some sort, however, because they weren't. They firmly believed in the supremacy of Islam and were not opposed to orthodox Islam by any means. But they were also willing to adopt elements of the native Indian culture, provided they didn't directly conflict with their creed.
I got to know why RoP behaves differently at different places. Read this to know Divisions of the world in Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Why don't Hindus divide the World for their ruling purpose like this :notsure: also read example this Conquest of Fidak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia the 47th expedition of Muhammed .. its a classical example of Dar al-Harb ....
They want Globalized Shariah... I have no doubt, Its not the Fault of followers in any way. BTW Beheading is permitted and its based on Quran and Hadith , no doubt about it, its a very concerted way to "civilize" the World.

blank_quest

Country flag
I got to know why RoP behaves differently at different places. Read this to know Divisions of the world in Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Why don't Hindus divide the World for their ruling purpose like this :notsure: also read example this Conquest of Fidak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia the 47th expedition of Muhammed .. its a classical example of Dar al-Harb ....
They want Globalized Shariah... I have no doubt, Its not the Fault of followers in any way. BTW Beheading is permitted and its based on Quran and Hadith , no doubt about it, its a very concerted way to "civilize" the World.
If Customs are not described in Quran and Hadith but still allowed to be practiced then I doubt why will not the concept of Dar (land) divisions will be allowed in Islamic jurisprudence as it is based on the valid school of law under Hanafi and it can't be discarded just like customs! :notsure: How is Sunni's not right then and Shia's right :confused:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Disappointing. You are unable to respond to any of my points and so you are diverting the topic with irrelevant nonsense.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles