Saudi Arabia bans 50 names including 'Rama' for 'conflicting with king

Voldemort

Country flag
Re: Saudi Arabia bans 50 names including 'Rama' for 'conflicting with

First, Saudi is a kingdom not a secular country. And kingdom meaning ruled by a king.

Secondly India is a secular, democratic, republic. Here we do not differentiate in the lines of religion. So my humble opinion is do not hate your fellow country men because of the actions of a few people belonging to another country.
I don't think we should be so asininely bigoted and brainless as the custodian of the holiest sites of Islam.
I was saying how would it look like if something of the same sort was tried in India. I was not suggesting/advocating.

I agree it was not the right kind of comment to make.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member

India is a Hindu majority country. What if we ban some Muslim names, starting with a very common one?
Even though we are a Hindu majority nation we have a significantly high Muslim population and to forget that we a democratic one. We should avoid hurting sentiments of any communities.
Just because Saudi is doing such things we should not follow their lead. If not for oil no one would care what happens to Saudi.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

I agree with you.

But what rankles is the Saudis puritanically follow their religious rules, and also insist that the same rules be applied to them when in foreign nations.

Even Zakir Naik has this to say

Zakir Naik: Temples and churches should not be allowed in Saudi Arabia
https://islamicterrorism.wordpress....urches-should-not-be-allowed-in-saudi-arabia/

This hypocrisy is what causes others to wonder and the right wing of their faith fanning discord using such irresponsibility of Islamic Kingdom and Islamic propagators to agitate.
The hypocracy is evident and the right wingers and loonies in other cultures have a valid point. The saudis are themselves extremists and there whole state is based on an extremist interpretation of islam, just recently they annouced plans to demolish the house of the prophet where he was born so that the palace of some prince can be extended. You'll also notice the lack of protests because nearly all the "protestors" are for hire and since the saudis/wahabis usually do the paying this time around they're not because they themselves are demolishing it and if someone else was doing it they would be the first ones to shout the loudest while frothing in the mouth.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

they annouced plans to demolish the house of the prophet where he was born so that the palace of some prince can be extended.
Saudis are Wahaabis.

As per the Wahaabis, you can only have love for Allah and none else.

Therefore, they do not abhor any icon that diverts them for this and the Prophet does elicit respect and even love for him from the Muslim.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag

india suspended it's diplomatic relationship with south africa citing racial discrimination by the apartheid regime.we can do the same with ksa citing religious and gender discrimination by ksa authorities.

bennedose

India is a Hindu majority country. What if we ban some Muslim names, starting with a very common one?
Ironically only a sense of insecurity leads to idiotic bans like this. A fragile god that cannot survive the mention of any other is what the attitude suggests.

Another funny thing I noticed is that "Rama" is noted as "Hindu God". So if a Hindu God exists and has a name it is an acknowledgement that there is a god other than Allah. What happens to the one God then?

The rule is so silly that one can pick holes from afar. In Saudi you will have your head chopped off because the rulers are a bunch of fundoos who lick American ass.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles