Satyamev Jayate - Aamir Khan

JAISWAL

Aamir's Satyamev Jayate makes history - Hindustan Times

Satyamev Jayate is Aamir Khan's first television project and the star says that the reality show will create history by becoming the first ever programme to go live simultaneously on a private channel and national broadcaster DD1. "This is for the first time in the Indian history that a show will also be showcased simultaneously on national television channel DD1. Besides, the show will be dubbed in four southern languages - Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Kannada. This show is being launched on a large scale," Aamir told reporters Friday here at the launch of the show's promo song.
Satyamev Jayate will go on air on Star Plus on May 6.

"I don't understand TRPs (Television Rating Points) and GRPs (Gross Rating Points). I have no idea how to calculate it! I don't care about TRPs. It is important to reach out to the Indian audiences. If viewers want to see, they will see or else it is up to them," added the 47-year-old.

Aamir feels that TV is a very powerful medium and added: "I had to make complete use of this medium. This is a baby step towards it."

"I cannot say I understand TV completely. I was earlier scared to go ahead with the project. I can only say I have made this show with complete honesty and without compromising on anything."

[video=youtube_share;MXg6Usdjl5c]http://youtu.be/MXg6Usdjl5c[/video]

"Earlier, we were planning to compose a national song or like one anthem. Later, I realised, why am I doing this show? I have love in my heart for my country, like each Indian who love their country. Then we went with a romantic song. We thought, it should be a love song that reflects the love for my country and relate with each Indian," he said.

Composed by Ram Sampath and written by Prasoon Joshi, the song is sung by Keerthi Sagathia.

The show has got the famous Ramayana and Mahabharta slot - Sunday 11 a.m.

"I wanted to telecast my show on Sunday morning. I want each family to watch the show and connect with it. We have watched Ramayana and Mahabarata and it used to come on Sunday morning. The shows created a different atmosphere. I am not scared of the saas or bahus. My thought was Bharat jodo abhiyaan."

"I am not attempting to change anybody's life. I don't have the strength to change anyone's life. When I speak about change, it's about changing myself. I am not interested in changing the world. Who am I to change anyone's life? I can only connect to them emotionally and empathise."

The actor spoke about everything, except the concept of the show and said: "I can't talk much about the show."

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Wow. It's been about 2 weeks since I liked this video here. Since then, very few people have watched this inspirational song in Amir Khan's show.
I am glad that Amir Khan is using the TV to educate the common man about the some basic evils in the society, like he does in the first episode of the series. Also to be noted is that he's targeting the youth who are the future of the nation.
This person probably will do more for the nation and the people than most politicians ever will. He is a very inspirational person.
Hats off to Amir Khan.

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Anyway here's the Video of the 1st episode.

Topic: Female Foeticide in India

The video is in Hindi. If you do not understand Hindi, make it a point to watch the video in one of the regional languages by visiting:

Satyamev Jayate

Click on the above link. Then, Locate "Regional" on top right corner and click on it. Choose from: Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Marathi, Bengali, Kannada.

Last edited by a moderator:

prahladh

Respected Member
if he is not interested in changing any ones life then what does he want to do with this. I rather watch crime patrol.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I got this by SMS,

Rather than Appreciating Aamir Majority of Doctors are taking on his personal life..and his earnings :( So Let me make it very clear abt the money and Sacrifices hez put into making SATYAMEVJAYATE !

1.) Aamir Khan (AKP) spent 32 cr in d making,research n promotions of SMJ.

2.) Aamir ended the contracts with 6 brands worth Rs. 116 cr.

3.) Aamir Paid 23 cr to the brands as a penalty of the breach of contract.

4.) In return he will get 46 cr (3.5 cr per episode)from Star plus,which also includes the pay of AKP team of around 500 members.

5.) He could ve easily earned 3 cr per episode by doing a quiz show

6.) Delayed the 45 cr most awaited film of 2012,Talaash.

7.) He did Satymev jayate becoz he wanted to make it and not for money.

8.) We never said that Satyamev jayate is a perfect show,its an honest effort thats it : Aamir Khan.

The Reason all these things are'nt out in media coz He is not a self praising person!

Share if You Truly Respect AAMIR KHAN'S SINCERE EFFORTS (y)cheers

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Everyone is talking about Stayamva Jyanthe but i dont know what it is, could some one tell me what it is? :wat:

natarajan

one khan is doing great things and responsible whereas another khan drinks and behaving irresponsible time for srk to learn from aamir

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
one khan is doing great things and responsible whereas another khan drinks and behaving irresponsible time for srk to learn from aamir
Really? Which Khan is doing it for free? :confused:

Please stop all this silly moral preaching, i like Amir but Sharuks team defeated Chennai Super Kings..

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
This show is awesome, and shows how we are living in a false cocoon.
"We"? I became an Atheist because i very clearly saw life was unfair to so many people other than me and i never isolated myself. I did not say everything is ok with me thank you God, i saw children suffer and die and i questioned that.

The show does not show me anything new and i and i am sure it does not show anyone anything new but we choose to forget it.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
And also interesting dissensions!

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan today refused to apologize to the Indian Medical Association which has accused him of defaming the medical profession through his popular TV show Satyamev Jayate and said he is ready to face any legal action threatened by it.

"I am very comfortable if they (IMA) plan to take legal action if they feel that I have done something wrong. Of course, the courts are available for them. My answer is no, I will not be apologizing," Aamir told to a news channel.

The actor denied IMA's charge of defaming and insulting the medical profession.

"I deny that I have done that. I have the highest respect and regard for the medical profession," he said.
Satyamev Jayate: Aamir Khan refuses to apologize to doctors, ready to face legal action - The Times of India

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I got this by SMS,

Rather than Appreciating Aamir Majority of Doctors are taking on his personal life..and his earnings :( So Let me make it very clear abt the money and Sacrifices hez put into making SATYAMEVJAYATE !

1.) Aamir Khan (AKP) spent 32 cr in d making,research n promotions of SMJ.

2.) Aamir ended the contracts with 6 brands worth Rs. 116 cr.

3.) Aamir Paid 23 cr to the brands as a penalty of the breach of contract.

4.) In return he will get 46 cr (3.5 cr per episode)from Star plus,which also includes the pay of AKP team of around 500 members.

5.) He could ve easily earned 3 cr per episode by doing a quiz show

6.) Delayed the 45 cr most awaited film of 2012,Talaash.

7.) He did Satymev jayate becoz he wanted to make it and not for money.

8.) We never said that Satyamev jayate is a perfect show,its an honest effort thats it : Aamir Khan.

The Reason all these things are'nt out in media coz He is not a self praising person!

Share if You Truly Respect AAMIR KHAN'S SINCERE EFFORTS (y)cheers
I sincerely cant understand how your post shows the "Sacrifice" Aamir has done :confused:. He still is earning handsomely

And let me make it clear. No profession is a holy cow, not Doctors, not IT not farmers. We are all in it for the money. So accusing the Aamir for his wealth is as wrong as accusing the Doctors for earning money.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Let me tell the "Humanitarian" geniuses one thing- if you can, try becoming a doctor and earn all you want like us":frusty:" or better, try sticking to your morals and start treating patients for free rather than for a fee.

This is a profession just like any other. We dont need you worshipping us, and then expecting us to treat you all for free for your stupid words. If you think I am charging you a lot, dont come to me. That is all. Whine all you want but thats how the world works. nothing is free in this world, and My services wont come in for free.

That said, if you think the doctors are very few that the demand is too high and hence you are forced to pay too much, ask the stupid govt you lot vote into for more doctors. If you think poor needs all kinds of cosmetic treatment and fancy treatment, again ask the govt, you lot vote into to hire more doctors. If you think the govt doctors are not working properly. Make them work properly- legally. If you think the legal system is weak, then work for making the legal system better and accountable.

None of the above scenerios are reasons for Blaming the Docs.

I will give you an example. In Apollo hospital chennai, an MRI test cost from Rs. 10000/- to Rs. 24000/- depending on the room you are staying. For instance, you stay in the normal Rs. 3000/- per day room, you are charged Rs. 10000/ for the same MRI for which you are asked to pay Rs. 24000/- if you stay in the luxury suite. Now people will call it unfair. But I will say, go ---- yourselves to them. Seriously, If you dont want to pay that much money, then stay the ---- out of Apollo Hospital, They are running a "Private" business for which they are entitled to charge as much they want/please. You dont like the pricing then good, go to the next hospital. They are not forcing you to take treatment there now are they?

And before some of you lot start shouting Conspiracy Theories like the Pakistanis. No there is no conspiracy here. The doctors are the worst organised group in this world. They dont join together for anything, even for some rightful stuff let alone in a conspiracy to earn more than they deserve. We just dont get along. For every doctor who says 1+1 is two, there will always be another one to say 2+0 is two. Yes , we dont agree on any issue. We dont have a guild to determine the pricing of our services. We determine the prices, just like any service provider does- depending on the demand on the market. Now if you dont think the prices are less, then ask for the supply to be increased,(Increasing the no. of doctors available to provide service) rather than bitch about how they should not charge money. You dont have the right. ITs Stupid really.

:namaste:

That said. Its against the law to refuse the treatment to a patient who is in an emergency when I have the capability to treat that emergency. But this liability is removed as soon as I stabilise the patient and then I can treat him like any other patient. I can choose the patient I want to treat. I am prefectly entitled to not treat a terrorist, provided he is not in an emergency. No one can question that.

So That said, is there anything which I have missed? I will answer them if possible.

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Anyway here's the Video of the 1st episode.

Topic: Female Foeticide in India

The video is in Hindi. If you do not understand Hindi, make it a point to watch the video in one of the regional languages by visiting:

Satyamev Jayate

Click on the above link. Then, Locate "Regional" on top right corner and click on it. Choose from: Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Marathi, Bengali, Kannada.
This is sadly true. But the legal system is too stupid to take action on those creatures masquerading as Doctors. The abortions of Female faetuses are very high in India and it is an open secret that it is not possible without the help of the "Doctors"-->>>:tsk:. For instance, the abortions are higher in the urban centers, where there are better medical facilities than in the village centers, where the medical facilities are not so much prevalent.

In the past 50 years of independance. Not so much as a single doctor had been convicted in court though it is logically impossible to assume that the Doctors are innocent on this issue. If only the Judiciary is not busy sleeping, this would not be the case. But then again, what can the "actual" doctors will do to prevent these occurances? Precisely nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
^^The question Aamir raised was not about doctors charging high fees but giving fraud treatments. And fraud is a crime!!

This profession is a classic case of information asymmetry where doctors have a privilege. This case belongs to the category where markets usually fail(like market for lemons, where car seller has more info. than the buyer). But I do not believe in the high-handed approach shown in the show. There are other better ways to solve the problem rather than resort to left wing govt. hospitals.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
^^The question Aamir raised was not about doctors charging high fees but giving fraud treatments. And fraud is a crime!!

This profession is a classic case of information asymmetry where doctors have a privilege. This case belongs to the category where markets usually fail(like market for lemons, where car seller has more info. than the buyer). But I do not believe in the high-handed approach shown in the show. There are other better ways to solve the problem rather than resort to left wing govt. hospitals.
I agree. But that post was meant for people who bitch about Docs charging more.

Again, As i said, there are several "------" in the Medical profession. I know several idiots who are in it for making money through unnecessary tests and unethical practices. The law is too soft on them and the patients are not having good awareness. That has to be corrected, Even people with good awareness are not able to get their justice, thanks to a slack judiciary. This judiciary has to be corrected.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I think spreading awareness is a very important thing and this show does that. That is also why I posted the video. We need to wake up and speak up when we see injustice and greed.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
^^ Although I do not entirely support the solutions promoted in the show, but I think he has a done a good job.

If he is able to save even one girl from female foeticide, I would call it a job well done.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles