Satellites Show Entire Neighborhoods Burned To The Ground in Myanmar

t_co

Satellite Images Show Myanmar Violence - Business Insider

Myanmar's recent shift to openness and democracy has been hailed as a success, perhaps even a model for the similarly troubled North Korea.
But some elements of Myanmar's shift to are troubling, notably a dramatic shift in ethnic tensions.
In an incident earlier this month, Muslims in the town of Meiktila clashed with the Burmese majority Buddhists, leading to destruction of Muslim property by anti-Muslim mobs in the area. According to Human Rights Watch, some 828 buildings in the area were totally destroyed, the majority of them residences.
State media puts the death toll at 40, but the New York Times, which described the event as "Kristallnacht in Myanmar", reports other figures closer to 200.
These maps from HRW show the damage in satellite images. You can view a larger pdf of HRW's findings here.

The Muslims living in Meiktila have no links to the stateless Muslim minority in Myanmar's East, the Rohingya.
According to a separate report from HRW earlier this month, the Burmese government has been "restricting humanitarian aid and imposing discriminatory policies" on the Rohingya, who have been displaced by a campaign of ethnic violence which saw 125,000 forced to leave their home.
[hr][/hr]
Check out the slider-graphics on BI's page as well. This is pretty disturbing, especially since it seems to be perpetrated by the Buddhist majority against the minority, and the government is either standing aside or actively supporting the violence.

Narendra Modi is lucky nobody has these sorts of graphics made of Gujarat in 2002.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Re: Satellites Show Entire Neighborhoods Burned To The Ground in Myanm

@t_co it is always a strange feelng when a Chinese talk about human rights and dignity.

You CCP is the oppressor with millions killed during mao's long march, people even ate gutter rats because if hunger. Here you are talking about oppression and human rights. isn't it funny??

Add to that "prision camps where innocent civilians were framed of false charges and made to work cheaply" so that CCP will become rich.

Your minorities are sytematically reduced to neglegent numbers based on some "false Hannization theory" :tsk:

Your CCP are in the process of making Tibetans a minority in thier own land :mad:

Your CCP are oppressing Xinjiang muslims and you are not even allowing them to perform normal religious duties :shocked:

Last edited by a moderator:

t_co

@t_co it is always a strange feelng when a Chinese talk about human rights and dignity.

You CCP is the oppressor with millions killed during mao's long march, people even ate gutter rats because if hunger. Here you are talking about oppression and human rights. isn't it funny??

Add to that "prision camps where innocent civilians were framed of false charges and made to work cheaply" so that CCP will become rich.

Your minorities are sytematically reduced to neglegent numbers based on some "false Hannization theory" :tsk:

Your CCP are in the process of making Tibetans a minority in thier own land :mad:

Your CCP are oppressing Xinjiang muslims and you are not even allowing them to perform normal religious duties :shocked:
lol. Why is it that whenever a poster with a Chinese flag makes a post on DFI ad hominem attacks are invariably launched against him?

Stay on topic please.

Last edited by a moderator:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag

Narendra Modi is lucky nobody has these sorts of graphics made of Gujarat in 2002.
Yeah a lot of Hindu temples vandalized in those riots :sad:

Das ka das

Tihar Jail
Banned

While this action is regrettable, I understand where the Myanmarese are coming from. They have seen the situation in neighboring Thailand where the 5% Muslim minority is wreaking havoc on the majority. These people want to preserve their culture, religion, and integrity of their nation which is totally incompatible with Islamism. Also one should note these riots started when a group of Muslims raped and butchered a Buddhist girl. Therefore we as Indians should not condemn this action for the same reason no one is condemning the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki which in the long run saved millions of lives.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Notwithstanding China's low standing on human rights and freedom of the individual thought or undertaking cultural genocide themselves, t_co is entitled his opinion.

It must be understood that China is high on morals when it appliers to others!

How they are wiping out Tibetan and Uighur singularity is well known.

Their intolerance to Islam is legend where they do not allow the most holy Islamic ritual - undertaking Ramazan in XInjiang!

Last edited:

t_co

While this action is regrettable, I understand where the Myanmarese are coming from. They have seen the situation in neighboring Thailand where the 5% Muslim minority is wreaking havoc on the majority. These people want to preserve their culture, religion, and integrity of their nation which is totally incompatible with Islamism. Also one should note these riots started when a group of Muslims raped and butchered a Buddhist girl. Therefore we as Indians should not condemn this action for the same reason no one is condemning the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki which in the long run saved millions of lives.
Wow. Did you just say that the Muslim minority in Myanmar will likely 'wreak havoc' on the country? Why?

And second, how does the rape of one girl justify the wholesale murder and displacement of hundreds of others?

t_co

Notwithstanding China's low standing on human rights and freedom of the individual thought or undertaking cultural genocide themselves, t_co is entitled his opinion.

It must be understood that China is high on morals when it appliers to others!
Er, I'm not Chinese.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

lol. Why is it that whenever a poster with a Chinese flag makes a post on DFI ad hominem attacks are invariably launched against him?

Stay on topic please.
Could it be because of double standards?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Er, I'm not Chinese.
Then Mao would call you 'the running dog of the Chinese'.

Note that is a Chinese phrase and not mine!

I am sure you are an honourable man!

Mark Anthony said that of Brutus!

Are you ashamed of your actual nationality since you claim that you are not Chinese and yet flying the Chinese flag against your name?

Please remember that you said that you are not Chinese for future discussions and not flip flop as the Chinese!

Last edited:

Das ka das

Tihar Jail
Banned

Wow. Did you just say that the Muslim minority in Myanmar will likely 'wreak havoc' on the country? Why?

And second, how does the rape of one girl justify the wholesale murder and displacement of hundreds of others?

The following is adapted from Dr. Peter Hammond's book: Slavery, Terrorism and Islam: The Historical Roots and Contemporary Threat:

Islam is not a religion nor is it a cult. It is a complete system.

Islam has religious, legal, political, economic and military components. The religious component is a beard for all the other components.

Islamization occurs when there are sufficient Muslims in a country to agitate for their so-called 'religious rights.'

When politically correct and culturally diverse societies agree to 'the reasonable' Muslim demands for their 'religious rights,' they also get the other components under the table. Here's how it works (percentages source CIA: The World Fact Book (2007)).

As long as the Muslim population remains around 1% of any given country they will be regarded as a peace-loving minority and not as a threat to anyone. In fact, they may be featured in articles and films, stereotyped for their colorful uniqueness:

United States -- Muslim 1.0%
Australia -- Muslim 1.5%
Canada -- Muslim 1.9%
China -- Muslim 1%-2%
Italy -- Muslim 1.5%
Norway -- Muslim 1.8%

At 2% and 3% they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups with major recruiting from the jails and among street gangs:

Denmark -- Muslim 2%
Germany -- Muslim 3.7%
United Kingdom -- Muslim 2.7%
Spain -- Muslim 4%
Thailand -- Muslim 4.6%

From 5% on they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population.

They will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for Muslims. They will increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature it on their shelves -- along with threats for failure to comply. ( United States ).

France -- Muslim 8%
Philippines -- Muslim 5%
Sweden -- Muslim 5%
Switzerland -- Muslim 4.3%
The Netherlands -- Muslim 5.5%
Trinidad &Tobago -- Muslim 5.8%

At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves under Sharia, the Islamic Law. The ultimate goal of Islam is not to convert the world but to establish Sharia law over the entire world.

When Muslims reach 10% of the population, they will increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions ( Paris --car-burnings). Any non-Muslim action that offends Islam will result in uprisings and threats ( Amsterdam - Mohammed cartoons).

Guyana -- Muslim 10%
India -- Muslim 13.4%
Israel -- Muslim 16%
Kenya -- Muslim 10%
Russia -- Muslim 10-15%

After reaching 20% expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad militia formations, sporadic killings and church and synagogue burning:
Ethiopia -- Muslim 32.8%

At 40% you will find widespread massacres, chronic terror attacks and ongoing militia warfare:

Bosnia -- Muslim 40%
Chad -- Muslim 53.1%
Lebanon -- Muslim 59.7%

From 60% you may expect unfettered persecution of non-believers and other religions, sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a weapon and Jizya, the tax placed on infidels:

Albania -- Muslim 70%
Malaysia -- Muslim 60.4%
Qatar -- Muslim 77.5%
Sudan -- Muslim 70%

After 80% expect State run ethnic cleansing and genocide:

Bangladesh -- Muslim 83%
Egypt -- Muslim 90%
Gaza -- Muslim 98.7%
Indonesia -- Muslim 86.1%
Iran -- Muslim 98%
Iraq -- Muslim 97%
Jordan -- Muslim 92%
Morocco -- Muslim 98.7%
Pakistan -- Muslim 97%
Palestine -- Muslim 99%
Syria -- Muslim 90%
Tajikistan -- Muslim 90%
Turkey -- Muslim 99.8%
United Arab Emirates -- Muslim 96%

100% will usher in the peace of 'Dar-es-Salaam' -- the Islamic House of Peace -- there's supposed to be peace because everybody is a Muslim:

Afghanistan -- Muslim 100%
Saudi Arabia -- Muslim 100%
Somalia -- Muslim 100%
Yemen -- Muslim 99.9%

Of course, that's not the case. To satisfy their blood lust, Muslims then start killing each other for a variety of reasons.

'Before I was nine I had learned the basic canon of Arab life. It was me against my brother; me and my brother against our father; my family against my cousins and the clan; the clan against the tribe; and the tribe against the world and all of us against the infidel. – Leon Uris, 'The Haj'

It is good to remember that in many, many countries, such as France, the Muslim populations are centered around ghettos based on their ethnicity. Muslims do not integrate into the community at large. Therefore, they exercise more power than their national average would indicate.

FrontPage Magazine - What Islam Isn't

t_co

Then Mao would call you 'the running dog of the Chinese'.

Note that is a Chinese phrase and not mine!

I am sure you are an honourable man!

Mark Anthony said that of Brutus!

Are you ashamed of your actual nationality since you claim that you are not Chinese and yet flying the Chinese flag against your name?

Please remember that you said that you are not Chinese for future discussions and not flip flop as the Chinese!
I will remember this, thank you. And I assume that you are a Brigadier in the Icelandic Army?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

When emotions running wild with historical animosity, it just requires a spark!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

I will remember this, thank you. And I assume that you are a Brigadier in the Icelandic Army?
No I am a Brigadier of Patagonia.

I shuttle between Patagonia, Iceland and many other countries because I am a CCP princeling!

Who I am is obviously in my avatar with the now President of India!

I am sure you are not visually handicapped!

Or are you?

If you are, it is understandable!

JBH22

What do you know about Modi?

If he was razing villages as in Burma note that India is a democratic state the news would have spread to Mars :)

Hence your 1 liner was retarded.

As to Burmese its their country they do whatever they want their but my concern is that all these undesirables should not infiltrate Indian territory.

t_co

When emotions running wild with historical animosity, it just requires a spark!
Ray, that's a positivist statement. My question was a normative one. There's a difference, and so your answer is insufficient.

t_co

What do you know about Modi?

If he was razing villages as in Burma note that India is a democratic state the news would have spread to Mars :)
Would it? Where's your proof?

Hence your 1 liner was retarded.

As to Burmese its their country they do whatever they want their but my concern is that all these undesirables should not infiltrate Indian territory.
'Undesirables'? My one-liner might be 'retarded', but, sir, your one-liner is disgusting.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles