Sanskrit as a link language of India instead of English

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Sakal Gharelu Ustad, Dec 12, 2015.

?

Should Sanskrit be adopted as link language for India insted of English?

1. Yes

55.6%
  2. No

25.9%
  3. I don't care

18.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

Look at the discussions on two other threads:

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...ve-in-hindi-language-words-and-phrases.74346/

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/is-hindi-an-imposed-language-in-india.74354/

The brief summary that comes out is:

1) India needs a pan-India link language so that it does not lose its cultural heritage
    2) Bollywoodised Hindi is unfit due to it being closer to Farsi/Arabi rather than South Indian languages
    3) Given influence of Sanskrit on pan-Indian languages, it has the potential to be a link language

Please keep this thread to talk about benefits/difficulties on adopting Sanskrit. Also, if you agree with the proposition use it to chart out a plan for next 2-3 decades so that Sanskrit can be adopted nation wide.

kr9, A chauhan, TrueSpirit2 and 8 others like this.
  3. k murali

k murali Regular Member

<<Given influence of Sanskrit on pan-Indian languages, it has the potential to be a link language>> It has no influence on Tamil. If you are talling of Sanskrit worgs in Tamil, Sanskrit has borrowed as many words from Tamil as Tamil from Sanskrit. You can throw away every Sans krit word in Tamil and still Tamil will be 100% love.

Tamils use more English words in speaking than Sanskrit qwords. So English is a better link language than Hindi or Sanskrit

4. Ancient Indian

Ancient Indian Unplugged Version Senior Member

Why democracy? we can easily become America's ally. And leave all these problems.

I mean because of twitter and facebook, we got united.
    Lets accept the fact.

@Mad Indian , some one from from your own backyard ruining your dreams of Hindu RW.

spikey360 likes this.
  5. dhananjay1

dhananjay1 Regular Member

The first comment on a thread of such a vital subject is by a DMK variety kumari kandan retard is why just outraging about lefties on the internet is not going to save Hindus.

6. saty

saty Tihar Jail Banned

Actually 20th century our forefathers developed Hindi to counter Urdu(Farsi&arabic filth)but thanks to Sickularism urdu again slowly entering in our daily life through bolly&gazals.

Sanskrit(associate with Brahmans)revival is not easy&not fit for today's generation instead include all Sanskrit words in Hindi in the place of Farsi&Arabic filth.Kill two birds with one stone.
    link language+mogul slavery:)

7. TODELU

TODELU Regular Member

I learnt Sanskrit in 10+2 and it made it easy for me to learn European Languages.I am going to do a B.A, M.A ( Long distance course). and PH.D in sanskrit apart from my Profession.There is a treasure trove of Knowledge,You all should teach your Children.

8. TheRenegades

TheRenegades Regular Member

As per 2001 census, only 14K people say their native language is sanskrit. Fluent speakers cant be more than 50k.

So given that, exactly how are you going to change what we do currently and plan on switching >1 billion people to use sanskrit?

I understand the love for an old language and its bygone glory. Your idea just doest seem practical.

Samar Rathi likes this.
  9. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

Correction, self respect lacking Dravidian pimps use more English words than Sanskrit words in Tamil as a status symbol of their coolness and to show their proud foreign sepoy heritage. That's the ground reality and ugly truth. Dravidians like you are much more willing to be Vatican slaves and foreign sepoys than embrace our own culture via Sanskrit. BTW, what do you mean Sanskrit is not as close as English? Which among the two is a phonetic language like Tamil - English or Sanskrit? Which among the two has solid Hindu cultural base - Sanskrit or English ? Guess what is the Hindu new year date is- chitra 1, which is the same as Tamil new year unlike the Julian calender your kind shamelessly try to ape. Oh I forgot that your kind wanted to change the Tamil new year to pongal so that your pathetic kind can further delink Tamil from mainstream Hinduism and Hindu society.

Count your days. We are going to expose your filthy agenda and hypocrisy and the pathetic lack of self respect whenever you crop and wherever we can

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2016
  10. Bornubus

Bornubus Senior Member Senior Member

No need for any more link language.The world use English as a link language, north east indians even tibeteans who lives in North and Northern most India use Eng, some regional language and Hindi, same should be apply for other states.

As for Hindi being persianised, there are virtually no other language which is not corrupted,besides Perisan is closer to sanskrit as Aryan language and it's also pre islamic, Sikh Gurus were very fond of this language, also Hindu Noble and Elite class was well versed in it who occupied a higher position in Mughal, Sikh and British empires, essentially it was the language of elite, Todar Mal a Hindu khatri enacted the entire Mughal revenue system which remained for 100s of year was well versed in persian used words like Gaz e Sikandari.

But then, one can always prefer to use Sanskrit words instead of persian/arab words in Hindi, for example - call Bhrat instead of Bhai, its it's just a matter of choice, but rashtrabhasa is not a matter of choice but a compulsion at least in official communication.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  11. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

I have always been of the view that every Indian must learn at least three Indian Languages. I have seen North Indians picking up any Dravidian Languages one may throw at them within 1 year of their stay in South Indian states, it is so easy, it comes naturally to us. We Indians are culturally more integrated compared to what these English Speaking Intellectuals suggest. We have a shared history and geography of at least 5000 years.

12. I_PLAY_BAD

I_PLAY_BAD Regular Member

What use do we have of Sanskrit ?
    All of the education is through English and it is going to be so in the future as well.
    For people speaking various languages to communicate with each other they use a language which they learned in their schools, English. What is wrong in it ? Had we not given this much of importance to English our GDP would have been half the size than what we have today. It is highly impractical to sprinkle Sanskrit as a link language to connect a country with 1.2 billion English preached population. All Hindu religious texts may be in Sanskrit but everyone one of us are not going to be religious preachers. We will be Doctors, Engineers, Scientists and Auditors. Is Sanskrit a more suitable language to create these professions than English ?
    My intention is not to degrade or under-value Sanskrit, I am just sharing the practical difficulty to adapt to a new language after soaking in English for more than 100 years.

13. I_PLAY_BAD

That is totally false. People from North India who come to South India never learn the local language. One or two learns, that's it. Most of the North Indians working in South India create a gang of people from their region or those who speak Hindi and roam around 'only' with them. They don't mostly mingle with South Indians. Educated North Indians use English to communicate. Uneducated ones, they never speak or speak in Hindi with someone speaking their mother tongue. Doesn't this all sound 'non-sense' ? Your statement is surprising to me after having seen how language biased North Indians are.

South Indians, wherever they go they learn the local language at any cost.

I have personally seen many of both the above cases.

TrueSpirit2 likes this.
  14. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Yeah, all the countries like China, Japan, France, Germany etc. who do not speak English pre-dominantly have such poor economy!

This is another myth created by the elites in India, that thanks to English we have a good GDP. It is actually the other way around. Giving so much importance to English has cut-off 90-95% of our population from constructive economic activities as they lack English skills. Half of the poor students fail at the university because they do not know english and had little exposure to it till their 12th class.

15. Nuvneet Kundu

Nuvneet Kundu Senior Member Senior Member

Well said. BTW, the madrassas are way ahead of us in formulating their education policy. Within a month after being elected the BJP government announced its support for Urdu to be taught in madrassas. :doh: IDK who lobbied for it, or what they offered to the BJP to take such a regressive step but this is a step in the reverse direction. At a time when Pakistan has passed a resolution to make Urdu as its formal language, we should be using it as an opportunity to wean Indians away from that language and get them to learn, whatever it is they learn in their madrassa, in an Indian vernacular language to ensure that there is a divergence between Indian muslims and Pakistani people.

This move infuriated me to no end.

Screambowl and TrueSpirit2 like this.
  16. I_PLAY_BAD

Tell me one thing.
    Even if we didn't have English were would we be now ? In the leagues of Japan, China and France ? No !
    At least we had English so that Indians fared well in Service Industry which is more than 30% of our GDP. Or else India would have still been a poor country for the non-alignment decision our politicunts took.
    Regarding students failing at university levels. Everyone have been given the option to learn in English, Who asked them to study in their mother tongues and suddenly jump on to English. Either continue with your mother tongue till the end or start with English.

17. Nuvneet Kundu

Nuvneet Kundu Senior Member Senior Member

What has that got to do with non-alignment? What's wrong with the non-alignment policy? It's the same policy which allowed us to play the USA against the Soviets and get the best of both worlds. It ensured our safety despite not being involved in any sort of expensive military build up )which we weren't in a position to afford). It allowed us to break Pakistan into Bangladesh. The technology that we received from the Soviets allowed us to sail through 1980s and 1990s safely while our indigenous R&D and industrial production was stagnating. Non-alignment is the reason we can import top-of-the-line Israeli defense equipment, while still maintaining fantastic relations with Iran, not to mention cheap oil.

Also, what do you mean by continuing with vernacular till the end? can you show us some colleges which teach engineering and medical in vernacular language? Aren't all universities switch to English by default after 12th?

Don't criticize just for the sake of criticizing.

TrueSpirit2 likes this.
  18. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

We would have been much richer than now given a higher percentage of our population would be productive and able to get university education in their local language.

Coming to 30% service industry argument. Services is 52% of our economy but that does not mean it has anything to do with English. Indian economy is still internally self-sufficient and all these English speaking IT and call-centre jobs would not make more than 4-5% of the GDP. And half of them would be catering to local business in local language.

Now the third rant--everyone had an option. Sorry, not everyone had an option. If they had, they would have learnt it. People are not so stupid that all of them will miss the opportunity. The pathetic teaching standards in govt. schools is a well known fact and most students still come from there where leaders like Mulayam raise a bogey against English and send his son to Australia. Also people do not have option to continue in mother-tongue because university education in most parts of India is in English.

##############################
    Btw, the learning outcomes are much higher in mother-tongue and makes education much easier. It is a proven fact and you are unnecessarily giving too much credit to English. It has only helped in creating an elite-non-elite divide in India.

19. guru-dutt

guru-dutt Regular Member

wake up dude you are living in a hypocrate nation where talking in english or for that matter german or spanish or french is considerred uber cool while you are called a bigot and uneducated if you try to promote sanskrit

20. I_PLAY_BAD

Being non-aligned brought best from both the worlds is a myth.
    Were we 100% non-aligned in the first hand ? Though our official stand was that we played second fiddle to Russia and completely failed to trust USA. So Russia dumped its obsolete technology for high price to us and USA completely abandoned us. This grade of adulterated non-alignment policy of ours during the cold war era seriously hampered our access to cutting edge technologies and research capabilities from both the worlds. I am happy that India is not playing the obsolete non-alignment card now and it is siding with whoever is respecting its interests.

Universities switched to English. So we as a learning community must have been switched to English during our school level. Or at least the government should have created awareness about the importance of English. Both didn't happen, so as a nation we are in a dire situation of begging even not-so-worthy technologies from tiny nations. Eg. Running to Singapore to plan the new capital of Andhra Pradesh. As a large nation with diverse culture and practices we should have been able to design a city on our own, we couldn't. Such is our state as of now.

Can I criticize me myself being one among the people who are facing the heat of under-development ?

21. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Another wrong analogy.

We are not running to Singapore because we cannot design a new capital. We are running to Singapore because of inferiority complex and thinking Singapore has something grand to offer. It is similar to your inferiority complex, which has been nurtured to think that we would have been barbarians without English and would have no industry and development.

saty, raja696, spikey360 and 3 others like this.