San Leandro to fly flag of People's Republic of China

Discussion in 'China' started by t_co, Sep 19, 2013.

1. t_co

t_co Senior Member Senior Member

San Leandro to fly flag of People's Republic of China - San Jose Mercury News

:lol: eat dirt separatist whiners

I hope one of them does something stupid when that flag is raised, like assaulting the uniformed city workers raising the flag.

3. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

It again proves my point that no matter where they live, the Han always are loyal to their homeland before anything else. Not for any ulterior motive, but the universal affinity of the Han and Han arrogance of exhibiting that Han is a superior race and a culture!

We experienced it during the Olympic Flame's journey, where no matter what their countymen of their country of domicile thought, they went gung ho for Communist China and Han solidarity!

W.G.Ewald likes this.
  4. drkrn

drkrn Senior Member Senior Member

i dont understand why you opened a thread for this.

going for a vote to raise another nations flag itself is an insult,even when you gotmany chinese there.even at un there will be chinese flag.what message do you wish to give??

5. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

It's the People's Republic of California, folks. Nothing to see here.
    Obama once said he would prefer to be president of China.

6. W.G.Ewald

@t_co
    We already know you are a provocateur from your behavior patterns here. The irony is that you once posted a lecture about the level of debate on DFI.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    Razor likes this.
  7. t_co

t_co Senior Member Senior Member

I'm not sure how my opening post has anything to do with the level of debate on DFI. One of the main rules of epistemology is that the level of debate is separate from the content being debated. An opening post that is not in response to any other post on the site, by definition, cannot affect the level of debate.

On the contrary, your crude attempt at an ad hominem most definitely is lowering the quality of debate on DFI. I would add that the image macro violates forum guidelines as well.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  8. W.G.Ewald

In my time with the US Army I can't remember seeing one Chinese-American in uniform.

9. W.G.Ewald

I apologize for the pussy.

But I was referring to you words following the article, a cheap taunt and meant to provoke:

Ray and roma like this.
  10. roma

roma NRI in Europe Senior Member

he should wistfully have had enuff brains to have realised

that while they are smiling and shaking hands with him

on the inside they are quietly calling him the " N-WORD "

( just as they are doing to some of us too )

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  11. Ray

I am sure you posted it to show how the Han reign supreme, even in foreign lands.

Got the point.

Said so many a time, but you all refuted it, to only agree with me now!

Typically Chinese.

Weather vanes!

12. Ray

San Leandro mayor suspends decision to fly the red flag on China's national day

In what turned to be a setback for San Leandro council member Benny Lee the city's mayor Stephen Cassidy has suspended the implementation of Lee's proposal to raise the Chinese national flag atop San Leandro city hall on October 1, China's national day, after protests from Tibetans and supporters.

Tibetans and supporters in San Francisco on Monday protested outside the City Hall of San Leandro where four out of the seven members voted in favor of Lee's proposed bill.

Tibetans and their supporters carried out a series of direct protests across the Bay Area followed by intense lobbying of local politicians to defeat the resolution. Around 30 Tibetans were present in the hall during the proceedings which saw 5 Tibetans speak before the council consisting of seven members.

The resolution was supported by the Chinese Consulate in San Francisco. Similar resolutions are reportedly being introduced in San Francisco, Oakland and Alameda.

Petitions were sent to call on Mayor Cassidy to defeat the resolution. Cassidy himself voted against the resolution but went short of a vote to defeat it.

Kunjo Tashi, the president of the Tibetan Association of Northern California said such meddling by China into local government affairs in America should not be tolerated. "We are pleased that Mayor of San Leandro City has upheld the principles of democracy that America is known for. We appreciate Mayor Cassidy for his courage and exemplary action against the forces undermining American democracy."

The newly formed Tibetan National Congress, - a group comprising of Tibetan and foreign supporters of independence for Tibet as opposed to the exile Tibetan government's middle way approach of seeking autonomy from China - has also thanked Mayor Cassidy for his action on its website.

SF Team Tibet is a coalition of four groups, Tibetan Association of Northern California, Students for a Free Tibet, San Francisco Tibetan Youth Congress and Bay Area Friends of Tibet.

San Leandro mayor suspends decision to fly the red flag on China's national day - www.phayul.com

Sorry to be the party pooper for the Chinese who were jubilating!

It appears that the Tibetans are capable of winning when there is no threat of brutal repression since they temporarily live in a free nation!

Notwithstanding, I will say a penny for Benny's thought as the pennies fall in its place. and poor Benny is shown his place!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  13. Ray

NO Chinese around to explain?

funny!

14. W.G.Ewald

[​IMG]

The California state flag has had a red star since 1836. :truestory:

Flag of California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

15. Ray

So good old Lee was talking about California's Red Star?

If so, why this ecstasy amongst the Chinese posters?