Salman Khan ....hero or villan ?

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Prometheus, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Prometheus

Prometheus Regular Member

In India, the testimony of the prime witness is considered the most important document in a criminal case, which often influences the final verdict.In the 2002 hit-and-run case of Salman Khan, the man who found himself in the epicenter of the controversy, was the prime witness of the case — constable Ravindra Patil.[​IMG]

Those close to Patil admitted that he was under enormous pressure to change his statement.

There were many who wanted Patil to change his statement. They preferred that Patil maintain that Salman leaned back to listen to him seconds before he lost control of the wheel. This would mean that the accident was caused by a ‘human error’ and not because he was drunk. Some people wanted him to say that Salman was not drunk at the time of the accident.

Whatever be the case, Patil did not change his statement till the last day.

It was unclear who was putting pressure on Patil — some say they were all ‘well-wishers’ of Salman Khan from the police force while others say that those talking to Patil were Salman’s common friends from the film industry. Whoever they were, the pressure tactic seemed to be working as Patil was showing signs of a nervous break-down.

Why was Ravindra Patil so vulnerable?

Patil was a constable and hence belonged to the lowest rung in the police force. He admitted numerous times that he was under pressure and he would always try to duck the media.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

During 2006, when the examination of witnesses was on, Salman had hired the best lawyers in Mumbai who were all charged up to cross-examine Patil. But then, something unexpected happened. Patil just ran away one evening. His brother lodged a missing report about Patil at a local police station.

Day after day, Patil chose to skip court dates because he didn’t want to face the defence lawyer. Soon, Patil came under scrutiny of the court because he remained absent at the court hearings. The court proceedings were stuck because Patil was absent in the witness-box. It also came to light that he had run away without applying for leave.

In a strange twist of fate, a man who had actually lodged the first information report against Salman Khan now had an arrest warrant issued against him for not turning up at the court. As the judge ordered that he be arrested and produced in court, his seniors at the police force simultaneously approved that Patil be sacked from his job because he was absent from duty. His seniors chose to ignore the fact that technically Patil was ‘missing’ and not ‘absent’ according to their own records.

Nobody was interested in knowing the fact that why he had run away from his house and why the same person who was forthcoming in lodging a complaint against the Bollywood star is now trying to avoid coming to the court. Patil was never put under any witness protection programme. Instead, an arrest warrant was issued against him when he failed to appear for five consecutive court dates.

Patil was sent to Arthur Road jail with hardened criminals

Like how they deal with a hardened criminal, a task force was prepared to nab Patil and find out where he was ‘hiding’. Finding him was easier than anybody had thought because Patil was not hiding anywhere. Ravindra Patil was actually staying in a small hotel in Mahabaleswar, just a few kilometres away from Mumbai. He would come to Mumbai often to meet his wife and family and in fact, not on the run from the police. It was clear that he just wanted to stay away from the Salman Khan case.

How many of you hate going to court? How many of you don’t like how witnesses are grilled in criminal cases by defence lawyers? Well, if I go by Patil’s example, then all of you should be put in jail. Believe it or not, Ravindra Patil was sent to jail because of this ‘crime’.

The special police team swooped down on him, arrested him and produced at the court, the next day. The court sent him to Arthur Road jail, the biggest jail of Mumbai where most of the high-profile criminals are lodged.

Here are pictures after Patil’s arrest post a raid at a Mahabaleshwar hotel.

Patil was a constable and hence belonged to the lowest rung in the police force. He admitted numerous times that he was under pressure and he would always try to duck the media.

In Arthur Road jail, Ravindra Patil was incarcerated in a separate cell like they would treat an armed dacoit or a serial killer. Patil submitted fervent pleas that he doesn’t want to be grouped with criminals at the Arthur Road jail but the court was in no mood to relent.

Twice, Patil filed applications saying that he is a witness and that he be held at Unit nine of the Crime Branch and twice the court ignored the application. In his applications, Patil went on record saying that he went absconding as he was mentally disturbed at the thought of being cross-examined by defence lawyers. But nobody seemed to be interested in what he was saying.

If the courts didn’t pay heed to his pleas, his employers — the Mumbai Police — seemed to be on some revenge spree. A ‘missing’ Patil suddenly became an ‘absconding’ Patil in their own files and subsequently sacked from his job. This junior-most employee in the force tried every trick in the book to convince his senior officers that he should not be sacked from his job. But nobody was ready to listen.

A witness was suddenly at the receiving end of it all. Life was dealing this grand witness blows after blows while Salman Khan delivered hits after hits at the box office.

The last days of Ravindra Patil

After Patil was let out of jail, he found himself in a strange situation — his family had disowned him and the Mumbai Police was not ready to take him back. Patil didn’t know what to do — suddenly he was the victim because he saw the accident and spoke about it.

A broken man by then, Ravindra Patil went missing again.

Patil was finally discovered at the Sewri Municipal hospital in 2007. Patil was begging on the streets of Mumbai before he landed up at the hospital. The years of acute stress coupled with heavy drinking had made his body weak. Worse, he had contracted a drug-resistant tuberculosis which fast tracked him towards an inevitable end.

Patil wanted to get back in the police force but he was just a bag of bones lying on bed number 189 of ward number four on the fourth-floor of Sewri TB Municipal Hospital. His family members were not aware where he was and nobody had come to see him for a year.

Here are some pictures of Ravindra Patil, just days before his death.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Constable Ravindra Patil died on October 4, 2007.

Even after his death, there was nobody to take back his body. The friend who had admitted him to the hospital was so scared that he didn’t even inform his family. In the end, his brothers came forward to perform the last rites.

Before his death, Patil spoke to his friend expressing his wish to get back to the force again while throwing up blood on the cold floors of the Sewri Municipal hospital.

“I stood by my statement till the end, but my department did not stand by me. I want my job back, I want to survive. I want to meet the police commissioner once,” were his last words. Clearly, even God chose not to hear him.

Ravindra Patil never rested in peace.

Who is the real hero? Salman or Ravindra?

Must SHARE!! #RIP

https://www.facebook.com/notes/i-lo...atil-the-death-of-a-messenger/490317767704801

SPIEZ, Vishwarupa, ashdoc and 3 others like this.
  3. warriorextreme

warriorextreme Senior Member Senior Member

This must be spread like wild fire on social network..Salman behaves as if he is some kind of demi god and must be brought down on his knees...

I have never enjoyed watching salman khan's movies and I will never in my life watch Salman Khan's movies ever again...

Vishwarupa and Prometheus like this.
  4. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

Villain kills people on top of that has the guts to act like Saint.

Same goes for Sanjay Dutt, let us wait Katju chachu to come out in his defence :)

parijataka, VIP and Prometheus like this.
  5. Decklander

Decklander New Member

Everyday on Indian roads, drunk truck drivers kill hundreds. They never get charged under such sections. Even if we accept that Salman was drunk and was at wheels, why is he being discriminated? Is it just bcoz he is rich? What about that damned Equality in our constitution? Maharastra govt has booked thousands for drunk driving and causing death after this case but none of those drivers have been charged with similar sections. Does our constitution allow poor drivers to kill people after getting drunk and punish only the rich for such a crime. Poor get charged only under driving laws.
    Lastly, footpaths are designed to provide people to walk and they also act as safety barriers in case any vehicle losses control for reason of mechanical failures of burst tires beyond the control of driver. THEY ARE NOT MEANT FOR PEOPLE TO SLEEP. In case of Salman Khan, the people sleeping on road or on footpaths are also guilty. They compounded the whole incident. Who will argue this before SC as violation of fundamental rights as Salman is being discriminated on the basis of his social standing and being given unfavourable treatment.
    If I were his lawyer, I wud not have delayed the whole process instead made clear references to what I mean and than waited for the negative verdict from lower court only to challange it in HC and SC on the basis of unequal treatment and discrimination.

A chauhan and Singh like this.
  6. iNDiAN.96

iNDiAN.96 Nationalist Senior Member

Few months ago Ahmedabad had one high-profile BMW hit & run case in which 2 persons died. And the person who involved in it still fighting for his bail. Even SC rejected his bail plea.

And in Salman khan's case evidence suggests he was involved, still he is roaming free. As they say in India "Paisa bolta hai..."

7. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

I suggest you to watch movie Jolly LLB. It's regarding this issue.

Your argument is right but driving after heavy drinking is illegal.
    2nd thing, accident is different thing, it must be proven that it occurred because of some technical or human error but over-speeding is also illegal.

And it's a hit & run case, if Sallu has helped who were injured or killed on the spot, such halla gulla would not have happened but he was drunk so....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  8. Decklander

Decklander New Member

NOOO. religion Bolta hai. Hindus are non seculars and muslims are seculars.

9. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

3 posts above your saying salman is being discriminated and now your saying he's being given preferential treatment ? :wat:

trackwhack likes this.
  10. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

salman is hero, in films and in real life

11. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

This is sad. Salman should be in jail if found guilty.

Though the article makes no point that implicates Salman directly in the tragedy that the constable faced. What is to be blamed her is our law enforcement and judicial system. What we need is better witness protection.

12. trackwhack

trackwhack Tihar Jail Banned

This bastard mows down people when drunk, goes out and hunts endangered wildlife and is still free and well. My country!:rolleyes:

iNDiAN.96, Sabir, SPIEZ and 1 other person like this.
  13. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

No justice for the poor and downtrodden in India....:mad: - the pics of Patil are so pitiful.

Shame on Salman Khan - was under the impression he is a good chap but wild like all movie stars.

Thanks for posting this.

Prometheus likes this.
  14. ashdoc

ashdoc Senior Member Senior Member

Ashdoc's brain fart---Salman Khan's animal like appeal at the box office

Seeing the success of Dabanng 2 at the box office , I wondered about Salman's animal like appeal at the box office---

Lets make no bones about this---Salman is an animal . He beats the women in his life , probably rapes them at night forcing himself on their unwilling bodies , kills sleeping people on the streets by driving vehicles on them and kills protected species like back bucks by unrestrainedly shooting them . He is also a drunkard to boot and picks up fights at the slightest provocation ; Sometimes he does bizzare things like pouring a cola over an actress' head ( Somy Ali ) or peeing on a respected director ( Subhash Ghai ) .

And he also is the current king of the box office . Third rate movies become hits because of him . So that begs the question---what is the secret of his success , especially since he has only mediocre acting abilities ??

.....And the truth begins to slowly emerge---he is king because he is an animal . It is in fact his animal like behavior which attracts the masses , makes him their darling .

Lets check out women first---the more he beats his girlfriends , the more he rises in popularity among them . It seems most women , and especially those of the lower class , have a inborn fantasy of being controlled brutally by him and being his slave . Mind you , this is pure fantasy and no woman would like such behavior in real life---but the realms of fantasy are different and Salman fulfills these wild fantasies of women who get a sexual high on seeing his rippling muscles and his brute strength .

The men---they dont envy his popularity among women but in fact dream of being like him . The fantasy of every lower class man is a slave like wife whom he can beat regularly and endless amounts of alcohol which he can ingest throughout the day . Salman fulfills these fantasies by actually doing these things in real life making the lower class man say to himself---'' Life should be lived like Salman Khan . '' His lack of acting talent makes him look crude---exactly the mirror image of the slum dwelling male who despises classy heroes .

The criminal elements of society and terrorists of course idolize him . Why ? Because he not only is violent like them but above all he commits crimes and gets away with them by never getting convicted at all---just what they dreamt of doing.....
    Thats the reason why the criminal dons of Karachi who are being protected by terrorists are ever willing to finance a Salman Khan film .
    For the same reason he is popular in Pakistan---they love nightmares as their own country is one and Salman too is a nightmare.......

And no wonder Sallu's best friend is Sanjay Dutt---the AK 56 toting ' almost called terrorist ' who went to jail under TADA . Birds of a feather flock together......

Thus Salman is the hero of Pakistanis , terrorists , gangsters , whores , pimps , drunkards , wife beaters , rapists , slumdwellers and hero worshipping weak submissive women---the majority population of India . The lower castes among hindus love him for teaching a lesson to upper caste men by beating them to pulp in every encounter ; the minorities love him even more for being a muslim who is successful in an upper caste hindu dominated India and lording it over other upper caste hindu heroes like Vivek Oberoi by giving the regular doses of humiliation .

----Thus a sizzling cocktail of factors makes for the popularity of this man---Salman.....

Vishwarupa likes this.
  15. Ankit Purohit

Ankit Purohit Senior Member Senior Member

Hero or Villan ,he is like little child ....:laugh:

16. Dinesh_Kumar

Dinesh_Kumar Regular Member

Salman Khan good guy, no malice or bad intent. He actually innocent type of guy, likes being Hero and having girlfriends, etc. No "high intellectual powerhouse of his era" type of dude. I dont think he uses newspapers, internet, etc.He simple guy, make hit film, have good girlfriend, drive land rover. It is dream of many people in India, what is wrong? Also, he came up hard way in Bollywood, being scriptwriter's son. He works very hard, and all his producers are happy. He wont make them run around his little finger. He not guy born with silver spoon and automatic entry into Bollywood, he actually a hard working mass entertainer. He more like laid back kind of gent. All those incidents happened to him just bad luck. He did not have murderous intent while mowing down those pavement dwellers. Maybe he was drunk and car lost control. I wont say he murdered them with criminal intent. Just bad luck man. In US, under their legal system, he maybe jailed 1-2 years (if ever) and pay compensation for victims families under the watch of Grand Jury. That is actual justice. Here, he goes from court hearing to court hearing, and keeps getting buggered by our system. He has become like a victim. Also, he is very charitable, has a foundation for kids. No one else in Bollywood involved in charity like Salman.

17. Dinesh_Kumar

I have heard Salman treats women well, and even ex-girlfriends like Somy and Kat still keep in touch, visit his family at home, etc.

Only one who seems to be keeping distance is a certain Mrs. Bachchan, and while I also agree Sallu may have rough handled her, we don't know exact situation. I remember she immediately hitched up with Vivek Oberoi, in a matter of hours. And all know even Vivek was not happy with her. The point i''m making is her nature and character is a mystery, but Sallu's is not. he straight forward guy. Mrs. Bachchan cant host BiggBoss. Only Sallu and Mr. Bachchan can !.

Sallu wont talk about his personal life, he just laughs.

18. Sabir

Sabir DFI TEAM Senior Member

A fact is not mentioned in the article that once Salman's lawyers tried to put the blame on Patil claiming it was Patil who was in the driving seat, not Salman. However It was found later that Patil didn't even know driving.

@ Kushalappa what you say about his hunting expedition? He was drunk and pull the trigger and the stupid deers lined up to be in line of fire...

19. Dinesh_Kumar

Sallu not into religion mindset. He celebrates all festivals at home, and family members includes Christians and Hindus (freely practicing, no force or anything like that).

His religious outlook is not the baggage of the past, but the model for the future.

20. Dinesh_Kumar

Sallu was against Vivek for personal reason, but he likes Hrithik, Sanju and Ranbir. He good friends with all of them. All know he helped them establish in Bollywood. His sister married Atul Agnigothri, a Bollywood Actor and Producer.

His friend Sanju also good guy, no malice or black heart. Only drug addiction problem in his youth, after his mom passed away, and possession of AK rifle were his crimes.He already served close to 5 years so far, is it not enough for possession of AK rifle?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  21. Sabir

Sabir DFI TEAM Senior Member

How Salman is his personaal life; how he treats his girl friend; his religious mindset; his charity etc have nothing to do with case. No point in going off-topic. He did an offense by driving in drunk condition; mowed few people....He must be punished according to law....Nothing more, nothing less....