Saffron Brigade Halts Muslim Realty Deals In Gujarat

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Singh, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

The saffron brigade is using Ram dhuns and Ram Darbars to thwart all deals in towns where Muslims are buying properties in Hindu-dominated areas.

BHAVNAGAR: Six months ago, a doctor was all set to make a killing by selling his posh bungalow 'Chaitanya' near Crescent Circle to a Muslim family. As soon as the news spread, a group representing the saffron brigade reached his house and tried persuading him to call off the deal. When the doctor did not agree, the group held a sit-in outside his house and started chanting Ram Dhun. The agitators refused to budge till he assured them that he would scrap the deal. Finally, the bungalow was sold to a Hindu.

Saffron brigade is using Ram dhuns and Ram Darbars to thwart all deals in town where Muslims are buying properties in Hindu-dominated areas.

The brigade's modus operandi is simple: on getting information about a Hindu planning to sell his property to a Muslim, they squat in front of his house and chant or conduct Ram Darbars. They don't move from the place till the seller caves in.

The group has managed to get 10 such property deals cancelled over the past six years.

A six-year-old group 'Setubandh Mitra Mandal' - consisting of VHP, Bajrang Dal, RSS and Shiv Sena members - is wary of Muslims buying properties in Hindudominated areas. The group members said that earlier, Jogivad ni Tanki and Sandhiyavad were traditional Muslim ghettos but now the community is buying properties, both residential and commercial, in posh Hindu-dominated area like Shishu Vihar, Ghoga Circle, Crescent Circle, Vadva and Kalanala.

Bhavnagar was the only place in Saurashtra which saw communal riots in 2002. "Over the past five years, Hindus have started migrating from the localities where they have been living for generations after selling the property to Muslims,'' said Kirit Mistry, a VHP leader.

"We have written about it to the state government to demand the implementation of the Disturbed Areas Act in order to stop this activity."

However, Arif Kalva, a community leader, said, "Muslims in the city have progressed and become prosperous. They too aspire to live in areas where they can become part of mainstream society."

Saffron brigade halts Muslim realty deals in Gujarat - The Times of India

ejazr likes this.
  3. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

My only request to people who open this thread is to read atleast 10 comments on the article on toi :namaste:

4. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

TOIlet paper excels in the sensationalist headlines.

Let the witch hunt Olympics begin

Galaxy and SPIEZ like this.
  5. The Messiah

what is your opinion on the story ?

6. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

@m - Come on, comments sections are troll zones. Best left out of this thread.

@ks - as m said, what is your opinion on the story ?

7. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

Rather than Modi I will accuse the RSS in this.The RSS is at Modi's throat in Gujarat

8. The Messiah

im not telling to post here rather read what they post and who they support.

9. Poseidon

Poseidon Regular Member

Saffron brigade halts Muslim realty deals in Gujarat.

Saffron brigade halts Muslim realty deals in Gujarat.
    Vijaysinh Parmar, TNN | Feb 16, 2012, 05.47AM IST

BHAVNAGAR: Six months ago, a doctor was all set to make a killing by selling his posh bungalow 'Chaitanya' near Crescent Circle to a Muslim family. As soon as the news spread, a group representing the saffron brigade reached his house and tried persuading him to call off the deal. When the doctor did not agree, the group held a sit-in outside his house and started chanting Ram Dhun. The agitators refused to budge till he assured them that he would scrap the deal. Finally, the bungalow was sold to a Hindu.

Saffron brigade is using Ram dhuns and Ram Darbars to thwart all deals in town where Muslims are buying properties in Hindu-dominated areas.

The brigade's modus operandi is simple: on getting information about a Hindu planning to sell his property to a Muslim, they squat in front of his house and chant or conduct Ram Darbars. They don't move from the place till the seller caves in.

The group has managed to get 10 such property deals cancelled over the past six years.

A six-year-old group 'Setubandh Mitra Mandal' - consisting of VHP, Bajrang Dal, RSS and Shiv Sena members - is wary of Muslims buying properties in Hindudominated areas. The group members said that earlier, Jogivad ni Tanki and Sandhiyavad were traditional Muslim ghettos but now the community is buying properties, both residential and commercial, in posh Hindu-dominated area like Shishu Vihar, Ghoga Circle, Crescent Circle, Vadva and Kalanala.

Bhavnagar was the only place in Saurashtra which saw communal riots in 2002. "Over the past five years, Hindus have started migrating from the localities where they have been living for generations after selling the property to Muslims,'' said Kirit Mistry, a VHP leader.

"We have written about it to the state government to demand the implementation of the Disturbed Areas Act in order to stop this activity."

However, Arif Kalva, a community leader, said, "Muslims in the city have progressed and become prosperous. They too aspire to live in areas where they can become part of mainstream society."

Saffron brigade halts Muslim realty deals in Gujarat - The Times of India

:der:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  10. lemontree

lemontree Defence Professionals Defence Professionals

It happens in Mumbai too, and it is not spear headed by any political or social group. Gujaratis and Jains do not purchase flats in buildings with muslims in it, and builders refuse to sell flats to muslims.

I feel it is mainly because the Gujaratis and Jains cannot stand the bakra sacrifices during Eid. But whatever the reason, we have this ghettoism prevailing in the so called multi-cultural, secular metropolitan city of India.

It has a lot to do with the cultural ethos that each group represents.

11. The Messiah

there is already thread on this

12. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

Bloody Drama,

Saffron brigade. First Go and help our faujis on border in cold and summer.

Go and help flood victims and earth quack victims. Do something constructive

There are better things to do Mr saffron brigade

13. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Can you tell me which thread? I cannot find it.

14. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Never mind, got it. Merged.

W.G.Ewald likes this.
  15. KS

Already did that during all the wars - right from 62 to Kargil. Also did the extra bit during the liberation of Goa.

If there is one organization that has helped the flood, quake and tsunami victims more other than the Indian Army, it is RSS.

16. KS

Exception rather than rule.

And I'm pretty sure the same thing happens in a reverse fashion also.

Perhaps some Hyderabadi members can explain how the situation is there in the old city.

And though most of the comments in that TOIlet article were trolls one thing caught my eye.

"Most of the Gujju Hindus/Jains are vegetarians and this can be one reason why they dont prefer Muslims in their neighborhoods. Doing a Qurbani in the middle of a Hindu/Jain neighbourhood has the potential to start riots and indeed there has been riots in other parts of India due to this."

I tend to agree with the above comment.

17. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

The ad has obscured what Singh had posted.

So my comment is NO comment a la Swarn Singh, Foreign Minister during the 1971 Bangaldesh Liberation and when asked before the war as to why India was not recognising Bangladesh! :)

18. The Messiah

That reason is not the entire issue. you know it and i know it.

i wonder how many muslims in posh colonies actually cut the goat instead of delegating it to a butcher in a butcher shop.

but lets agree they do...might aswell make them sign a contract that no killing of any animals on premises rather than outright denying.

ejazr likes this.
  19. KS

It may not be the entire issue. But it is definitely an issue.

20. The Messiah

Just remember that next time you bash muslims for ghettoism...it is not always due to there own choosing.

And before you go on a tengent "always" remark doesn't mean im excusing muslims..one cant clap from one hand.

21. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Imagine this.

I had to copy and paste Post #1 on my Word to find out what was written that was being obscured by the Advertisement!

What a way to operate here!

Makes it double the effort!

I think it is ridiculous that a person cannot buy property because of his religion and equally idiotic of the real estate agents accepting such demands!

This country is being polarised by the political parties bent on using religion for Power!