Sachin Tendulkar and Rekha to campaign for Congress from Jabalpur

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by TrueSpirit, Oct 25, 2013.

1. TrueSpirit

TrueSpirit Senior Member Senior Member

Jabalpur: Preparations for election campaign in Madhya Pradesh are at its peak. State Congress committee has asked Jabalpur City Congress committee to submit the list of star campaigners.

The list submitted by Jabalpur committee includes over a dozen names of famous personalities, including Sachin Tendulkar and Rekha.

The list was prepared keeping in mind equal representation from all segments of the society. The list has name of people belonging to various caste and communities.

The list includes the names of - minister of urban development Kamalnath, Jyotiraditya Scindia, Congress leader Janardhan Dwivedi, Suresh Pachori, Arun Yadav, Salm,an Khurshid, Sachin Pilot, Pradeep Jain, Former Punjab Chief Minister Amrinder Singh, Oscar Fernandes, filmstar Raj Babbar and former cricketer Mohd. Azharuddin.

Headquarters will decide

Pradesh Congress Committee will have the final say on who gets to campaign for the upcoming assembly elections, said Dinesh Yadav, Nagar Congress Committee.

It is being said that president and vice-president of Congress Party could also make an appearance during the election campaign. There name is not included in the list. A special separate arrangement would be made for their visit, party sources revealed.

Senior leader, Digvijay Singh has been kept away from the election campaign as the party fears that his presence may act as a spoiler for the party's prospects. However, Singh enjoys considerable support in the city.

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/MP-OTC-sachin-tendulkar-and-rekha-to-

3. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

Lets see if Sachin actually attends.

4. Free Karma

Free Karma Senior Member Senior Member

I hope sachin doesnt do this.....

5. TrueSpirit

Yes, such an act would alienate many of his fans/admirers/worshipers across India.

6. NSG_Blackcats

NSG_Blackcats Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009 Senior Member

I am a big fan of his but if he ever endorses any other political party I would be disappointed. He should never endorse any political party. He is an icon and should involve him in bringing awareness on many important issue.

TrueSpirit likes this.
  7. Vishwarupa

Vishwarupa Senior Member Senior Member

Cricket to Politics:Sachin Tendulkar says NO to Congress; Rahul upset?

Read more at: Cricket to Politics:Sachin Tendulkar says NO to Congress; Rahul upset? - News Oneindia

Mumbai, Oct 29: Sachin Tendulkar finally put an end to all speculations saying that he is not willingly to join politics after his complete retirement from cricket. The cricketer, who is known as god of the game, seems to have dumped the proposal of Congress to join election campaign for the party. The News Indian Express reported that Sachin sent a message to his friend saying, "Even after I retire from cricket, I have no intention of joining politics or being part of any political rally or campaign because my father wanted me to stay away from politics." Another person, close to the cricketer, was also quoted as saying, "It's not just his numerous records, but also his spotless reputation and behaviour in public life that are so well-liked. After enjoying such a reputation, why would Tendulkar give it all away by joining politics, where there is a controversy at every turn?" I have no intention of joining politics or being part of any political rally Earlier BCCI vice-president and Congress MP Rajiv Shukla had termed all such reports as "baseless". He told an agency, "Sachin Tendulkar is busy playing cricket at the moment. He is playing in the Ranji Trophy and will later play for India against the West Indies. So the reports of him campaigning for Congress candidates are completely baseless." "Such stories are misleading and Sachin campaigning for us is untrue. He has to play matches how can he take time out for election campaigning," he said. "We can`t predict the future. Sachin is the finest cricketer in the country and after retirement he will pursue whatever he likes. We can`t influence him", he added. Earlier it was reported that Sachin may campaign campaign for the Congress in the upcoming assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh. The state, where Rahul Gandhi is trying to bring a government-led by young leader, is going to hold its assembly election on Nov 25. The results will be declared on Dec 8.

Read more at: Cricket to Politics:Sachin Tendulkar says NO to Congress; Rahul upset? - News Oneindia

http://articles.economictimes.india...congress-mumbai-cricket-association-president

If this news is true then good decision by Sachin. There are lot many ways to serve people & nation than serving people through politics.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  8. rugved

rugved Regular Member

He has already lost one of his loyal fan---me. I started disliking him from the time of his decision to enter the Rajya Sabha on a congress ticket, not as a cricketer but as a person.

aragorn and TrueSpirit like this.
  9. TrueSpirit

@rugved Same here, we revered him not only as a cricketer but as a great human being of huge moral standing but...Alas :mad:

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    rugved likes this.
  10. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Indians are a whimsical lot.

Tendulkar will draw a crowd, but the enthusiasm will depend on his score in the last game of his life when it comes to joining politics.

If it is just 5 as was in the last match, people will not be very charmed.

And Rekha will draw a crowd if she sings and does the act as below:

TrueSpirit likes this.
  11. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Indians are a whimsical lot.

Tendulkar will draw a crowd, but the enthusiasm will depend on his score in the last game of his life.

If it is just 5 as was in the last match, people will not be very charmed.

And Rekha will draw a crowd if she sings and does the act as below:

As far as Tendulkar's psyche is concerned, he is very careful that his image is not spoilt in any controversy and given the politics that is unfolding, I wonder if he will test the waters by coming to root for anyone.

But if there are compulsions, then who knows.

Sukla is a wheeler dealer of the highest order.

From a petty journalist, he has weaselled his way to the top in record time and even dipped his wick into cricket, a game where his rather large body would strain and groan to even score a run.

12. rugved

rugved Regular Member

He has already spolit his image by making such a foolish step.

I will publish a blog on Tendulkar soon which I will share over here. It will pretty much explain as to why did I lose respect for him.

13. aragorn

aragorn Senior Member Senior Member

Sachin has denied, he will not campaign for any political party as his father wanted him not to enter in politics.

but if the rumors are true Sharad pawar is behind this. He convinced him not to campaign as Congress leaders almost convinced him to campaign for congress in MP

TrueSpirit likes this.