Sachin may be your god but not mine: Akhtar

Galaxy

Country flag
Let us be fair.

Do we think that Imran Khan is God's gift to Pakistan?
He is not God's gift. He is lucky that he was born in Pakistan where strong leaders are rare species. Pakistan leaders are not so capable to handle whole country. Most of the leaders are regional leaders. Like Altaf Hussain in Mohajir dominated Karachi/Hyderabad. PPP in Zamindars/feudal and Shias of Sindhe, Various ML in Punjab. ANP/Imran Khan in Pashtuns area. No leader in Balochistan as it is dominated by Sardars. Kashmir part is with very thin population and mostly autonomous.

Can Sachin become next Imran ? He can't.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
And Sachin is God's gift to India?

Are you aware what it takes to be 'recognised' to be in the Indian team?

Ask the Ticket Collector, Dhoni and he will tell you.

I would not like to elaborate.

Eiffe

Shoaib jaise bade bade aa kar chale gaye. wasim waqar imran yeh bhi apne time mein bole.:pound:But they all bowed down to the KING
OF KINGS 8)

Eiffe

BAAP BAAP HOTA HAI AUR BETA BETA :pound:

Last edited by a moderator:

trackwhack

And Sachin is God's gift to India?

Are you aware what it takes to be 'recognised' to be in the Indian team?

Ask the Ticket Collector, Dhoni and he will tell you.

I would not like to elaborate.
No elaboration required. However.

Is it Sachins fault that he is revered as such?

Regarding Sachin against fast bowling
I've watched him since the first live telecast of test matches were available in India, the SA series in 94 if im not wrong. i wont compare him to earlier batsmen purely because they faced different bowlers. But from then till now, there has not been a better player of fast bowling. He stopped hooking after his back gave way in 99. Even Ponting, who many revere as the top batsman against pace hardly had to face good pace bowlers as all of them were past their best when he cam on and shoaib and wasim owned him many times.

Sachin has played fantastic innings on fast wickets against

Donald, Imran, Waqar, Wasim, Bishop, Ambrose

I wont include medium pacers in this list as we are talking about fast bowlers.

Now, I am not saying Sachin is god or that he is the best ever or any of that bull. I am only debating your point about not good against pace. As far as I know he has been the best player of pace since he made his debut.

Btw, Donald, Bishop, Walsh, Wasim and Waqar agree with my assessment. I've not read a comment by Ambrose and but I cant see him pointing to anyone else either and Imran played against Sachin only once.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
sachin is nothing compared to mighty sehwag! never seen him get bogged down by any bowler till date and he has scored 300+ while sachin has not.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Shoib trying to gain some lime light after his retirement. Classic case of whining.

trackwhack

sachin is nothing compared to mighty sehwag! never seen him get bogged down by any bowler till date and he has scored 300+ while sachin has not.

Not getting bogged down does not make him a better batsman. You've obviously not seen Sachin 'not getting bogged down'.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
If Sachin had played cricket in the 1930s, I think he would have been equal to The Don. There is no doubt about it.

His innings in Perth, the fastest cricket pitch on the planet was outstanding and he considers that to be his best innings even now.

The comparison between Sehwag and Sachin is valid because of the times during which they played their career. For the first 10 years which were his peak years he was the lone warrior. Sachin became the "God" because he was the only one one who stood tall amid the ruins.

Those who say he has not co tributes to winning causes have to think about this. During the 90s India was a pathetic team. We could not take 20 wickets in a test match. Sachin would get the big scores but then someone has to bowl the opposition out to win. We down have the bowlers for it esp when it came to playing outside the subcontinent. Sachin is one of the few who averages more away than at home. Is it his fault that he has not been part of winning team?

Still the fact is that India has won over 60% of the matches in which he has scored a 100.often Sachin would come into bat with india 10/2 or 20/2 and given respecfability to the team total.

Sehwag came in when we started to get a better bunch of players. Rahul, VVS and Saurav had come into their own and te burden was not on sehwag to stick it out. He knows he has 4 legends following him.

trackwhack

I dont even have an opinion on the Sachin matchwinner, Sachin God, Sachin played in a pathetic team etc.

My only point is that since he made his debut, there has been no better player of pace & there has been no better player of spin. The only think he actually was bad at was playing medium pacers who kept nipping it.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Didn't know the US knew about cricket ? Are you sure you are form the US ?
Can't prove I am from US, but the city of Raleigh, home of the Raleigh Cricket Club, is absolutely in North Carolina, USA. :)

SPIEZ

Country flag
Can't prove I am from US, but the city of Raleigh, home of the Raleigh Cricket Club, is absolutely in North Carolina, USA. :)
Some people I know are studying there, I couldn't make it :tsk:

trackwhack

My girlfriend was in North Greenville University, SC. The college hacked her email address and discovered a mail she had sent to me which was signed 'Love u' or something like that.

They called her to the college counselors office and wanted her to end her relationship and then wear a purity ring!

I got her transferred to New York.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
My girlfriend was in North Greenville University, SC. The college hacked her email address and discovered a mail she had sent to me which was signed 'Love u' or something like that.

They called her to the college counselors office and wanted her to end her relationship and then wear a purity ring!

I got her transferred to New York.
Seriously? In college? Hacking mails, directives on relationships, purity rings... bizarre!!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles