Sachin hits 100th century!!!

trackwhack

Please let the floodgates open now!

Thank you for being someone who I could look up to. Congrats to a true Humble Hero.

Reactions: nrj

Illusive

Country flag
Would have loved it to happen against pakis, but still a moment to cherish for every fan.

:hail:Sachin No.1

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
What a humble & down to earth guy! :hail:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
he made century but he wasted atleast 40 balls... we made only 289. bengali can chase this,mind it wicket is flat.hope we win
Now that he has made his century, we all can breathe easy.

It is not Bengalis, it is Bangladeshis! ;) :)

Sachin Tendulkar on Friday became the first batsman in history to score 100 international centuries, adding another milestone in his record-breaking career. Tendulkar, who turns 39 next month, achieved the feat when he recorded his 49th one-day century in the Asia Cup match against Bangladesh at the Sher-e-Bangla stadium in Dhaka. He has 51 Test hundreds.

The Mumbai batsman, who has compiled more Test and one-day runs than anyone in history, reached the record with a single, marking the moment with a modest glance to the sky while pointing to the Indian flag on his helmet......

The bowler against whom it came about was Shakib Al Hasan and the moment was the fourth delievry of the 43rd over of Indian innings.......

After getting what several former cricketers called a monkey off his back, Tendulkar was dismissed by Mashrafe Mortaza off the second last delivery of the 47th over. The 114-run knock was incidentally Tendulkar's maiden century against Bangladesh....

But what would be remembered is the wait that Tendulkar endured to get to the milestone. It all began with the 99th ton that he got against South Africa in a World Cup match on March 12 last year.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Speci...es-his-hundredth-ton/SP-Article10-826284.aspx

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Common Sachin, 200 centuries now!! :lol:

Seriously though, I will sourly miss his batting when he retires.
I don't he is the type who retires.

He moves from record to record and he has the perseverance to do so!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
MIRPUR: Relieved after notching his 100th international century that took over a year to come, Sachin Tendulkar on Friday said it was "mentally tough" to deal with the hype around the milestone and joked that he has lost 50kg after getting to it.

Sachin hits 100th ton

The 38-year-old right-hander reached the elusive 100th international century against Bangladesh in an Asia Cup match, scoring 114 off 147 deliveries.

"It hasn't sunk in but I have definitely lost about 50kg," the iconic batsman joked when asked whether the feeling has sunk after getting to a milestone that may never be emulated.

"Obviously I can't think anything at this stage. It has been a tough phase for me. Especially tough as I was doing reasonably well in Australia but felt that at times was a little luckless," he added.

Even in his personal moment of glory, the diminutive batsman stressed on how significant it was for him that his effort contributes to the team's cause.

"It doesn't matter how many 100s you score, you still put your head down, grind it out and do the job for the team.

"I was not thinking about the milestone, the media started all this, wherever I went, the restaurant, room service, everyone was talking about the 100th hundred. It became menatlly tough for me because nobody talked about my 99 hundreds," he said.

Talking about his innings on Friday, perhaps one of the slowest ODI innings by him, Tendulkar said it was tough to score.

"It was difficult because the ball was not coming on to the bat," he explained.

Asked what he would tell his young followers at this moment, Tendulkar said, "Enjoy the game and chase your dream. I had to wait for one for 22 years, the World Cup. So dreams do come true."

The Times of India on Mobile

Blackwater

yusuf, u can not run away with the fact that sachin 100 cost us today's match. we r loosing

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The pitch is slow batting first and quickens up under lights. The other day after SL match said as much and also Sachin said the ball was not coming on earlier. 289 is a decent total otherwise and should be defended otherwise blame the bowlers.

Blackwater

The pitch is slow batting first and quickens up under lights. The other day after SL match said as much and also Sachin said the ball was not coming on earlier. 289 is a decent total otherwise and should be defended otherwise blame the bowlers.

yusuf we know that our bowling is weak.we should put as much as run as we can.wasting 40 balls alone from sachin only for his 100. kaha ka insaaf ha

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Sachin knows his responsibility. He knows what the wicket was and played accordingly. Check the stats, India wins more matches when Sachin scores a hundred.

Blackwater

Sachin knows his responsibility. He knows what the wicket was and played accordingly. Check the stats, India wins more matches when Sachin scores a hundred.
today india will loose when sachin scored 100

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
BTW it aint over till the fat lady sings.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Seriously, you need better creative reasons to bash Sachin. If anybody should retire, it is Pathan.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
nrj, it's the typical Indian cricket fan reaction.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
he made century but he wasted atleast 40 balls... we made only 289. bengali can chase this,mind it wicket is flat.hope we win
he scored 114 of 138 balls. very good rate..

you don't you have to be so negative.. most people don't even have half of sachin's total records

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Then I must say those Indian fans are narrowminded who can not see inefficient captain & bad choice of non-performing bowlers.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
why don't you equally blame bowling? can't our bowlers defend a mamoth total like 289?

Last edited:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
yusuf, u can not run away with the fact that sachin 100 cost us today's match. we r loosing
what a shame man!!!

are we losing match because sachin scored 100 or because of pathetic performance display by our bowlers?

trackwhack

blackwater, I dont beleive you for one moment when you say 'I hope we win'

You are obviously hoping we lose just to prove your daft point.

Reactions: nrj

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles