Rustom 2/TAPAS/BH-201 MALE UAV News Updates and Discussions

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Some people just don't know that all scews must have not been fixed at that particular time because they must have been checking and re testing all the auxiliary equipment inside the compartment so that ther wont be a unexpected problem during flight, which can lead to failure.
they have not added wheels to the UAV.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
I again checkout the video,
I saw minor flaws which are need to be removed.
Such high end machines are not allowing jugaad technology or CHALTA HAI attitude.

There are many edges (which are tightly screwed) are yet to be mated with eachother.
As I earlier said, it'll need to be corrected before it's flight. DRDO need to show its craftsman expertise.

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I again checkout the video,
I saw minor flaws which are need to be removed.
Such high end machines are not allowing jugaad technology or CHALTA HAI attitude.

There are many edges (which are tightly screwed) are yet to be mated with eachother.
As I earlier said, it'll need to be corrected before it's flight. DRDO need to show its craftsman expertise.

View attachment 16277
View attachment 16278 View attachment 16279
bhai this has been fling ok with the flaws you mention above, as long as it can bomb the shit out of terrorists and our enemies, i dont care how it looks, as long as it work for intended purpose, its good for us.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
it can bomb the shit out of terrorists and our enemies,
Really?
Dude , TAPAS 201 is Officially announced as Surveillance and Reconnaissance UAV.
, i dont care how it looks.
Me too, Don't care about its looks . But it should have a good build quality.

I remember pressure for build quality , when I was working on SAMTEL's multi function display Project for Su-30MKI.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Prototype donot have proper fitting any was, the main point is to get a idea of the performance, the next batch of prototypes will have better finishing. Give the plane a chance to evolve.
Paint is an another issue but improper edge matings may reduce aerodynamic shape of the structure.

Bahamut

Paint is an another issue but improper edge matings may reduce aerodynamic shape of the structure.
May be the final sensors are not ready to they had to use bigger sensors, also in such flight all sensors are duplicate, that will disturb the fitting

rone

Country flag
guys did any one noticed there is 2 new uav one is under going engine fit

rone

Country flag

the bg one also dont have wheel system and writen on front body the last flying version dont have any writings

Akshay_Fenix

i think this one is also new uav in bg
That is not a new UAV, its just the engines lower half body of first prototype Tapas UAV (the one in background).

Last edited:
Reactions: Kay

Chinmoy

Country flag
For all those saying that Rustom 2 won't be attack UAV. Here is Rustom 1 with helina. Definitely Rustom 2 can do the same then

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFrVfP7VIAA8cyt.png:large

Not necessary. One of the difference between Rustom 1 and 2 is the engines. Rustom 1 had 1 linear engine of 111kg whereas Rustom 2 has two engines on its wings each around 100kg. So any more weight on wings right now would not be feasible. Moreover it does carry more heavy weight in form of sensors and fuel. So in its current form it is best suited for reconnaissance purpose.

rone

Country flag
correct me if am wrong if the bg rustom 2 is the first flying prototype it must have similar writings,engine cover and turbo propeller but this one is identical to new prototype ..

rustom 2 first flying prototype

Last edited:

SanjeevM

Country flag
In case we mass produce these, do we still need to spend billions of dollars on predators and other American drones?

How long will it take to build large number of indigenous attack drones? If we put same amount of billions of dollars on indigenous project, will it be better or going for American maall

Vijyes

In case we mass produce these, do we still need to spend billions of dollars on predators and other American drones?

How long will it take to build large number of indigenous attack drones? If we put same amount of billions of dollars on indigenous project, will it be better or going for American maall
We need USA drones to study and understand more details. We need Reaper drone to get the P8I interface and subsystem understanding etc. Experience in handling drones can become handy in understanding the needs and thus in better reverse engineering and drone manufacturing capacity. I don't think drones are capable of fighting, maneuvering as a fighter plane. It will Be much easier to take out a drone, even by using a 50BMG due to its slow speed. We need the P8 Interface for ASW

IndianHawk

Country flag

We are behind the curve by 10-15 years when it comes to uavs . Specially in combat UAV rustam 2 is our first shot. So for the next decade we will spend money on American and Israeli drones .

Good thing is to focus on Israel because chances of tot and learning curve is much higher with Israel.

If we invest billions from now on into UAV programs we might expect better results by 2025.

airtel

Country flag
We are behind the curve by 10-15 years when it comes to uavs . Specially in combat UAV rustam 2 is our first shot. So for the next decade we will spend money on American and Israeli drones .

Good thing is to focus on Israel because chances of tot and learning curve is much higher with Israel.

If we invest billions from now on into UAV programs we might expect better results by 2025.

Many private companies are also involved in development of UAVs.... Like TATA & kalyani.... So soon we will achieve success in this field too.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles