Russian nuclear bombers test U.S. air defenses

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
The Bear at the Door | Washington Free Beacon
Russian strategic nuclear bombers threatened U.S. airspace near Alaska earlier this month and F-15 jets responded by intercepting the aircraft taking part in large-scale arctic war games, according to defense officials.

The Russian war games began the same day President Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin held a frosty summit meeting in Mexico June 18.

U.S. officials said the arctic exercises over the Russian Far East and Pacific appeared to be a further sign of Russia's hardening posture toward the United States.

The Obama administration made no protest of the bomber intrusions, according to the officials, in line with its conciliatory "reset" policy of seeking warmer ties with Moscow.

vikaskumar11233

Tihar Jail
Banned
I can't understand that why there was a need to terrorize other nation with your nuclear aircraft's if that nation is meeting with you at an international summit.And that nation is too powerful.
If anyone can anyone tell me the insight of the matter.

pmaitra

I can't understand that why there was a need to terrorize other nation with your nuclear aircraft's if that nation is meeting with you at an international summit.And that nation is too powerful.
If anyone can anyone tell me the insight of the matter.
I think it was a message from Putin to Obama, which reads something like, "Don't worry about Syria, look closer home!"

Global Defence

New threads

Articles