Russian fleet comes within 30 miles of Britain

ice berg

oh chill, ice berg! 8)

You tell me... what sort of an idiot would exclude nuke subs while comparing navies? One of a kind, for sure!
I am sure same goes for the guy who exclude USN and JSDF while comparing navies. One of a kind, too. 8)

The reason not to include nuclear subs is because they are strategic assets. They are Russias leverage against US and NATO.

However,you get a better picture of the Russian Navy without them.

Back on topic?

Last edited:

Tolaha

I am sure same goes for the guy who exclude USN and JSDF while comparing navies. One of a kind, too. 8)

Back on topic?
:shocked: Now when did anyone but you do that?

Read my signature. I'm beginning to doubt you are not a 50-cents fella but a member of the politburo itself... going by the similarities in the symptoms that you display!

Yes, stop showing-off China in every thread and please get back to topic now.

Last edited:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
RN only need to defend against Russian subs. For that, they are more than capable.
Subs and Destroyers and Stealth Frigates and the Aircraft carrier they have!!!
Come on, do you seriously think that RN alone has the capability hold out against the Russian naval might in case of an eventuality?

I mentioned Falklands just to support the argument that Submarines do play a very important role in a Naval conflict, possibly the most important role. H.M.S. Conqueror shored almost all of Argentina's navy single handedly!!!.

Only nuclear subs will be much use against RN. If they are sending conventional subs, they are gonna be cut to pieces.
Nuclear and conventional subs differ only on their endurance, since Russia and Britain are not that distant and we are talking of sea engagement here, I don't believe that the nature of propulsion is going to make difference.

Last edited:

ice berg

Subs and Destroyers and Stealth Frigates and the Aircraft carrier they have!!!
Come on, do you seriously think that RN alone has the capability hold out against the Russian naval might in case of an eventuality?

I mentioned Falklands just to support the argument that Submarines do play a very important role in a Naval conflict, possibly the most important role. H.M.S. Conqueror shored almost all of Argentina's navy single handedly!!!.
It depends on what Russia can send in terms of assets. You are not saying they gonna send the entire fleet, right?
When was the last time they get a new frigate, destroyer or nuclear subs?
Then what possible assets can they send that are able to defeat the RN while at the same time defend their own coast?

As to the second part, what does that tells you about the RN?

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
It depends on what Russia can send in terms of assets. You are not saying they gonna send the entire fleet, right?
Then what possible assets can they send that are able to defeat the RN while at the same time defend their own coast?
Why do you assume that the Russians would be the aggressor? We are talking of Naval rankings,right? By that logic JSDF should be the last, they are not allowed to attack, remember?

As to the second part, what does that tells you about the RN?
More to do with Argentina without credible ASW units.

Falcon

I feel as if they wanted their carrier to be damaged.

ice berg

:shocked: Now when did anyone but you do that?

Read my signature. I'm beginning to doubt you are not a 50-cents fella but a member of the politburo itself... going by the similarities in the symptoms that you display!

Yes, stop showing-off China in every thread and please get back to topic now.
I guess you do have amnesia.
Originally Posted by ice berg
If you take the nuke subs out, then it should look like this:

1. USN
2. JSDF
3. China

Then you jumped in with this:
You take out a few more things... and China will be right at the top! :pound:

The only way China can be right at the top is by removing USN and JSDF. Or you care to explain with your vast knowledge?

Guess not, then go back to topic. You are the one derailing this thread.

ice berg

Why do you assume that the Russians would be the aggressor? We are talking of Naval rankings,right? By that logic JSDF should be the last, they are not allowed to attack, remember?

More to do with Argentina without credible ASW units.
You are the one who brought this up:
"Come on, do you seriously think that RN alone has the capability hold out against the Russian naval might in case of an eventuality?"

If we are talking about Naval rankings, then it all depends on what criteria you are using.
Number of ships? well then no doubt Russia is ahead of RN.
Quality wise RN is still ahead of Russia and I will stick to that.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
If we are talking about Naval rankings, then it all depends on what criteria you are using.
Number of ships? well then no doubt Russia is ahead of RN.
Is their technological superiority enough to balance their numerical disadvantage? Nope.

Quality wise RN is still ahead of Russia and I will stick to that.
Whatever floats your boat.

Tolaha

I guess you do have amnesia.
Originally Posted by ice berg

1. USN
2. JSDF
3. China

Then you jumped in with this:
You take out a few more things... and China will be right at the top! :pound:

The only way China can be right at the top is by removing USN and JSDF. Or you care to explain with your vast knowledge?

Guess not, then go back to topic. You are the one derailing this thread.

Dont you get your own logic? You have taken one of the most important arms of the navy... the submarines! And all that just to be able to show China in better light.

You take out all the boats as well from the equation, and then you've just got your numerically superior men alone left! Now does your own logic of picking aspects of the navy that suites you, make any sense to you?

Duh!

Forget loosing the paycheck... you are due for a demotion! :rofl:

ice berg,
you really need to cool down, and maybe type slowly... if it helps!

Last edited:

ice berg

Is their technological superiority enough to balance their numerical disadvantage? Nope.

How will you know?

If you think Russian Navy is ahead of RN quality wise, then I am the one saying:

8)

pmaitra

For those Royal Navy apologists, if the Royal Navy was indeed so capable, why didn't they ram the Russian vessels, like these (below)?

Last edited by a moderator:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
They might have sunk a boat or two, but their English pride wouldn't have saved them when the Russian tanks would have rolled into London.
"You can shoot down every MiG the Soviets employ, but if you return to base and the lead Soviet tank commander is eating breakfast in your snack bar, Jack, you've lost the war".

- Anonymous USAF A-10 pilot

Tolaha

The reason not to include nuclear subs is because they are strategic assets. They are Russias leverage against US and NATO.

However,you get a better picture of the Russian Navy without them.

Back on topic?
So you've edited your post... Nice try... Strategic assets eh?

When the Russian navy decides to have a showdown with China, pray that somebody has informed them that their boomers are just strategic assets to be used only as a leverage against NATO!!!

You are funny! :thumb:

ice berg

So you've edited your post... Nice try... Strategic assets eh?

When the Russian navy decides to have a showdown with China, pray that somebody has informed them that their boomers are just strategic assets to be used only as a leverage against NATO!!!

You are funny! :thumb:
What are you smoking? The post was edited 4 minutes after. Try what?

This topic is about Russian fleet. If you want to talk about Chinese navy, open another thread.

Russian navy decides to have a showdown with China? Ha, out of blue they want to attack China? Funny kid you are.

Last edited:

Tolaha

What are you smoking? The post was edited 4 minutes after. Try what?
Whatever it is that I'm smoking, it surely isnt as good as yours!

This topic is about Russian fleet. If you want to talk about Chinese navy, open another thread.
After making a comment like the one below on China, all that you can do is wiggle out of it nicely. All this attitude fools none.

1. USN
2. JSDF
3. China
Russian navy decides to have a showdown with China? Ha, out of blue they want to attack China? Funny kid you are
Why do you keep forgetting that you were ranking the Chinese and the Russian navy? Strategic assets not to be counted etc etc... Ghajini eh? ;-)

ice berg

Whatever it is that I'm smoking, it surely isnt as good as yours!

After making a comment like the one below on China, all that you can do is wiggle out of it nicely. All this attitude fools none.

Why do you keep forgetting that you were ranking the Chinese and the Russian navy? Strategic assets not to be counted etc etc... Ghajini eh? ;-)
Face palm....My post was a reply to this:
Originally Posted by pankaj nema
Russia has recently started a FURIOUS programme to get a brand new navy but building a
MODERN navy takes a HELL of a lot of time

Russia was neglecting its Navy for a long time spending money on Strategic forces ,Army and Air force
modernisations

However the rise of China and CONSTANT NATO pin pricks have forced the Russians to RE build their Navy

By 2025 Russian Navy will be the Number TWO again in the world

From Asianobserver:

Russia will never be No. 2 naval power again. That position is a give away to China.

Putin and his swagger will never rise above No. 3 (they could further slide down if India start asserting her naval might).

I am not the one who brought this up in the first place.
Next time read my post carefully before you jumping in.

Tolaha

"Exclude submarines", "Just strategic assets" - Even after comments like this, some just fail to know when to give up!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles