Russian fleet comes within 30 miles of Britain

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Get that rusting junk off British waters, it might impede navigation 'round that area if it sunk. :pound:

pankaj nema

Country flag
Looks like the captain and the crew have had too much VODKA :pound:

Nobody is at the wheel it seems

Russians must remember that UK Navy is too good and Admiral Kuznetsov is the ONLY carrier left in Russian Navy

Last edited:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
The carrier was without the battlegroup?

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
It does not even have aircrafts on the deck? Just what are they thinking wandering into potential harms way? Maybe Pankaj Nema is right about the vodka.
I guess I misread,

A spokesman for the Ministry of Defence said: 'The Admiral Kuznetsov, with other warships and support vessels, is thought to be en route to the Mediterranean on exercise.

Read more: HMS York scrambled to Scotland in Russian fleet security scare | Mail Online
The absence of aircrafts is interesting though.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The question is will the Kremlin twins court martial the the captain of that wayward tub or award him?

pankaj nema

Country flag
I wonder if one is aware that the British Fleet is existing merely in name and nothing more.
Sir the British Navy is definitely better than Russian Navy

The fleet is modern and hi tech Though Russian Navy is bigger in size
Russian fleet really needs to play catch up

Last edited:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Check out the comments,

We have a destroyer?
They only went to see what an aircraft carrier looks like
Sink it! Oh wait, we had fired all our missiles at Libya already and there is non left!
Holy hell they could be testing our defences! send out the Ark Royal and The Harrier Fleet, then they can go and defend the Falklands again!.............................oh wait
Lol.

pankaj nema

Country flag
Russia has recently started a FURIOUS programme to get a brand new navy but building a
MODERN navy takes a HELL of a lot of time

Russia was neglecting its Navy for a long time spending money on Strategic forces ,Army and Air force
modernisations

However the rise of China and CONSTANT NATO pin pricks have forced the Russians to RE build their Navy

By 2025 Russian Navy will be the Number TWO again in the world

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Russia has recently started a FURIOUS programme to get a brand new navy but building a
MODERN navy takes a HELL of a lot of time

Russia was neglecting its Navy for a long time spending money on Strategic forces ,Army and Air force
modernisations

However the rise of China and CONSTANT NATO pin pricks have forced the Russians to RE build their Navy

By 2025 Russian Navy will be the Number TWO again in the world

Russia will never be No. 2 naval power again. That position is a give away to China.

Putin and his swagger will never rise above No. 3 (they could further slide down if India start asserting her naval might).

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I have not understood why there is a feeling that the Russian captain did anything incorrect, or have I missed something.

I bad weather, one would take shelter rather than ride the high waves and the North Sea is one of the most treacherous of them all.

pankaj nema

Country flag
The poor economic situation and huge debt levels in WELFARE economies of Europe will
affect their Defence spending

If UK wants to sell some of its fleet because of economic reasons we CAN bargain and get a good deal

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Russia will never be No. 2 naval power again. That position is a give away to China.

Putin and his swagger will never rise above No. 3 (they could further slide down if India start asserting her naval might).
They've(Russians) got a lot of U boats.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Sir the British Navy is definitely better than Russian Navy

The fleet is modern and hi tech Though Russian Navy is bigger in size
Russian fleet really needs to play catch up
Russian fleet is very good in term of both tactics and weaponry systems..

British fleet is now remain as a coastal defense fleet, They have very advance frigates but very few..

I think Russian were there to say 'Hi ' !

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I have not understood why there is a feeling that the Russian captain did anything incorrect, or have I missed something.

I bad weather, one would take shelter rather than ride the high waves and the North Sea is one of the most treacherous of them all.

Maybe because the RN felt compelled to send in a frigate to deter the Russian boat from further moving closer to UK waters.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles