RUSSIAN fighters will top in the next decade.

natarajan

you forgot 1971 war where su-7 just knocked out all usa planes used by pakistanis

venom

DFI Technocrat
Soham you can check youtube along with several defence site .They r full of articles about russian superiority over west. In korean war MIG- 19 were superor than U.S sabre. In vieatnam war,mig 21 were better than phantom..
In Korean was it was Mig-15 & Not Mig-19's

IBM

In today's era sukhoi series cleary outclassed the western fighters..............

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Soham you can check youtube along with several defence site .They r full of articles about russian superiority over west. In korean war MIG- 19 were superor than U.S sabre. In vieatnam war,mig 21 were better than phantom..
Youtube is governed by fanboys.

I quote Wiki, for the lack of a more accurate source, but you can still get the general idea.

Korean War
By the end of hostilities, F-86 pilots were credited with shooting down 792 MiGs for a loss of only 78 Sabres, a victory ratio of 10:1.[22] More recent research by Dorr, Lake and Thompson has claimed the actual ratio is closer to 2:1.[23]
The Soviet claims of downing over 600 Sabres[24] together with the Chinese claims[25] are considered exaggerated by the USAF.[citation needed] Recent USAF records show that 224 F-86s were lost to all causes, including non-combat losses. But direct comparison of Sabre and MiG losses seem irrelevant, since many F-86s Sabres were lost due to enemy air defense fire, while MiGs were pure air-to-air fighters and had the advantage of only flying over friendly territory.
Vietnam War

I'm not sure about these stats, but again you can get the general idea.
USAF lost 36 F-4s to MiG-21s.
USAF F-4s shot down 67 MiG-21s. USN F-4s shot down another 15 MiG-21s.

F-4 Phantom II vs MiG-21: USAF & VPAF in the Vietnam War (Duel)

Do I need to mention the Israeli war ? :wink:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
^^Soham, those numbers are from the conflict between unequals, an US against Iraq, an Israel against Egypt and so on, never between equals. You cannot take those numbers seriously. Tell me numbers from conflicts between equals, then I will accept that western fighters are better than Russian fighters.

Pintu

you forgot 1971 war where su-7 just knocked out all usa planes used by pakistanis
You are quite natarajan , Su-7 contributed greatly in 1971 war alongwith Hunters and Gnats but also notable that MiG-21 was not totally used in the war itself , they were reserved for any new war against Pak , I mean escalation of War, except bombing of Dacca Govt. house.

Regards

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
^^Soham, those numbers are from the conflict between unequals, an US against Iraq, an Israel against Egypt and so on, never between equals. You cannot take those numbers seriously. Tell me numbers from conflicts between equals, then I will accept that western fighters are better than Russian fighters.
The figures I mentioned are from the Korean War and Vietnam war, both of which were fought on equal levels.
In the Korean war, the communists had the advantage of flying over friendly territory, while Americans had this advantage in Vietnam.

I mentioned Israel-Arab conflict just as a sidenote.

IBRIS

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
i just found these pics of PAK-FA. Don't know if it's a real design.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
DD, there is never any conflict between equals and there never will be. :wink:

Guys, Aircraft cannot be compared like TV's or Washing Machines. The AF with the better discipline, training, logistics (C3-C4) and equipment will win.
If the USAF had Mig-25s and Mig-31s in Iraq, while Iraq had F-15s and F-16, look at the support for the USAF a/c and the sad condition of the Iraqi AF a/c. Who would have won? :wink:

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
DD, there is never any conflict between equals and there never will be. :wink:

Guys, Aircraft cannot be compared like TV's or Washing Machines. The AF with the better discipline, training, logistics (C3-C4) and equipment will win.
If the USAF had Mig-25s and Mig-31s in Iraq, while Iraq had F-15s and F-16, look at the support for the USAF a/c and the sad condition of the Iraqi AF a/c. Who would have won? :wink:
The one with BVRs :wink: :)

ajay_ijn

Country flag
I guess Israel against Egypt is conflict between equals. i mean equal numbers.

IBM

I still feel Russian has the best tech. For example Russian were the pioneers and implementor or thurst vector tech in its fighter....

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
I still feel Russian has the best tech. For example Russian were the pioneers and implementor or thurst vector tech in its fighter....
Fiction. When was the Harrier developed? :rolleyes:

IBM

Fiction. When was the Harrier developed? :rolleyes:
There is hell lot of difference between thurst vector of harrier and su 30mki. which one is better u know bettter???. You forgot yak 31 which was again similar as harrier...and invented during same period...

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
There is hell lot of difference between thurst vector of harrier and su 30mki. which one is better u know bettter???. You forgot yak 31 which was again similar as harrier...and invented during same period...
1. Harrier used thrust vectoring, and so, Russians cannot be called pioneers and implementors of TVC.
2. The Yak-31, spare me this lame argument mate, how many were built, exactly, and how successful were they compared to the Harrier? Why didn't the IN choose the Yak?
3. When was the MKI (with TVC) designed and when was the Harrier designed? Therefore, its no big deal that the MKI is better.
4. F-22 first flew in 1990, and it has 2-D TVC. When was the Russian thrust vectoring engine first deployed/operational.

Ponder over these questions, and you will find the mist clearing before your eyes.

BTW, just to be clear, I am a fan of Russian aircraft as well, but one should know the realities.

**I think you mean Yak 38.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
While Kommunist has already clarified upon your point...
Let me ask you, who were the pioneers of stealth technology ? :wink:

IBRIS

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
My stong suspicion. This model is PAK FA

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
While Kommunist has already clarified upon your point...
Let me ask you, who were the pioneers of stealth technology ? :wink:
Well the Pioneer was Piotr Umfiskin...he was a Russian guy who went to America...petr Yakovlevich Ufimtsev and Horton brothers... :p

ppgj

natarajan-they were not su-7's.they were british gnats.they were post those acts were called "sabre slayers"

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles