Russia's MiG starts new batch of fighters for Indian Navy

Defcon 1

Country flag
I just thought it was interesting that both were 30 this year. The Enterprise is 50 and just be decomissioned,,,, you all should have bought that one its a real aircraft carrier.
Yes I know you won't stop talking unless we start buying everything american. You need to get your ego going. Please don't tell us which aircraft we should buy. We are doing fine on our own. We don't need suggestions from someone who makes idiotic claims and then refuses to back them up.

average american

Yes I know you won't stop talking unless we start buying everything american. You need to get your ego going. Please don't tell us which aircraft we should buy. We are doing fine on our own. We don't need suggestions from someone who makes idiotic claims and then refuses to back them up.
From what I see Crashing Migs, Blind Tanks, and Air Craft Carriers over priced with engines that dont work dont seem that fine to me, but pehaps we see things differant. I guess your definition of what is fine for the military and mine are quite differant.

kshkumsin

have the U.S.Armed Forces ever fought a war at a height of 16,000 ft!mate fighting a mountain war where the enemy is occupying the higher mountain points is next to impossible and if you still manage to fight and win the war it will cost you around 8-9 times more casualties than your enemy.so in this context we all should rather praise the Indian Army as not only they managed to win the war they also managed to keep the casualty rate at minimum,i mean we lost 527 soldiers and on the other hand even by their own admission the PA lost around 453 soldiers whose names were published in their official website a few years back!plus Nawaz Sharif who was the pakistani P.M. at that time himself admittted that pakistan suffered around 3000-4000 casualties during the Kargil war.Period!

Kargil War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
u are backing a country that hid the most sought after terrorist by you and was giving it a safe haven,if i were u i wouldn't support them.
and by the way we all know how reliable paki stats are considering they never accepted their involvement in Kargil.

average american

I think its more black mail and bribes, then support, we need to get supplies across Pakistan and we dont want Pakistan falling in the Russian/China camp, we dont want another buyer for Russian air craft. Most americans dont trust Pakistanis any further then we could throw one after their hideing Osama bin Laden for years and Pakistans involvment in attacks on American in Afganstan. We also dont want what is a very disfunctional country tro end up in the hands of the Taliban with nuclear weapons. I expect we would go to war with Pakistan befor we would allow that to happen. Its not going to be a good thing for India to have a bunch of crazies telling India to do what ever they want or they will nuke India and the leadership of Pakistan saying we dont care what you do to us because the worse thats going to happen is we are going to end up with 72 Virgins and really believing that.

Last edited:

Novice

From what I see Crashing Migs, Blind Tanks, and Air Craft Carriers over priced with engines that dont work dont seem that fine to me, but pehaps we see things differant. I guess your definition of what is fine for the military and mine are quite differant.
I am pretty sure your litter all over the web with your signature statement of crashing Migs and I am getting sick and tired of everyone wasting their time, trying to teach some sense into you. You have been taught multiple times about underlying reasons for Mig crashes. Pretty sure a lot of senior and knowledgeable forumers till recently tried to educate you on what and why a tank is blind and what not. Do you seriously think people give a dang to what you puke all over?
Only reason everyone responds to you is in the interest of other real enthusiasts and visitors. We need the right info to be passed around with credibility and debate and not the deluded single liners with links from strategy page, Pakistani forums and half cooked conspiracy theories.

With respect, Sir, Please respect the essence of this forum and let people like me benefit from the knowledge pool here.

************************* PLEASE STOP LITTERING *************************

average american

I am pretty sure your litter all over the web with your signature statement of crashing Migs and I am getting sick and tired of everyone wasting their time, trying to teach some sense into you. You have been taught multiple times about underlying reasons for Mig crashes. Pretty sure a lot of senior and knowledgeable forumers till recently tried to educate you on what and why a tank is blind and what not. Do you seriously think people give a dang to what you puke all over?
Only reason everyone responds to you is in the interest of other real enthusiasts and visitors. We need the right info to be passed around with credibility and debate and not the deluded single liners with links from strategy page, Pakistani forums and half cooked conspiracy theories.

With respect, Sir, Please respect the essence of this forum and let people like me benefit from the knowledge pool here.

************************* PLEASE STOP LITTERING *************************
I would like to see India as one of the strongest militaries in the world, its not going to happen if you cant face reality; I know a little about the miltiary, much more then most and I cant believe the status of Indias military.......The Trouble With India's Military - The Diplomat

on here you all sound like a bunch of cheerleaders for a team thats getting beat 20 to 1.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
I just thought it was interesting that both were 30 this year. The Enterprise is 50 and just be decomissioned,,,, you all should have bought that one its a real aircraft carrier.
Dont worry we now have the Relic C-130 about 60 years old plane and yes it is from the US :peace:

average american

Dont worry we now have the Relic C-130 about 60 years old plane and yes it is from the US :peace:
Stll flying thats more then you can say for about 1000 newer migs you all bought from Russia.
http://www.brahmand.com/news/1000-aircraft-lost-by-IAF-in-crashes-since-70s/7684/1/14.html

1,000 aircraft lost by IAF in crashes since 70s
IAF aircraft crash MiG

Posted On: Aug 04, 2011

Wreckage of a MiG-21 fighter aircraft crashed on Tuesday, soon after taking off from Naal airfield in Bikaner district. PTI Photo

NEW DELHI (PTI): In the last 40 years, the Indian Air Force has lost 1000 aircraft in accidents of which 39 per cent were caused by pilot error.

A Parliamentary Committee report on Wednesday said that, the IAF has lost 999 aircraft since the 1970s and human error and technical defects were the main cause behind these crashes.

One MiG 27 had crashed in Biakaner yesterday in which the pilot was killed.

"In 39.5 per cent of the cases, technical defect is the cause and in 39 per cent of the cases, human error was found to be responsible," the report said.

The Committee was informed by the IAF that of these 999 accidents, 12 cases were being investigated by the service.

Servicing error caused 1.6 per cent of the accidents wheras nine per cent of the crashes were caused by bird hit and the remaining were because of the errors by the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).

Most of the accidents have involved the MiG series aircraft which are on their way out of service and are planned to be phased out in next four to five years.

Last edited:

Snuggy321

I dont get it the MIG29 is an outdated plane ... I dont know why doesnt the Indian Navy deploy MIG 35 on the carrier instead , They should have renegotiated this with the Russians when the Russians asked for a price hike .... they had a valid reason. Especially since the Indian carrier is a small one , we need to have the most advanced gets that we can buy on that carrier ... agreed that the sukhoi is too big a plane , but a MIG 35 is the same size as a MIG29 ... we saw the kind of bad track record the MIG 29 has verses NATO Jets during the Iraq war

Dude you have no idea what you are talking about... the Mig 29K is a completely new version and the one of the best aircraft in the region.

Watch from 26:30 the designers put everything they had into this new machine

Last edited by a moderator:

blueblood

To be honest about it the Kargil War was more of a little conflict where Pakistan blamed the fighting entirely on independent Kashmiri insurgents, it would have been hard to do if their Pakistan Airforce was involved. Pakistan mixed a few hundred pakistan military in with the insurgents but it was hardly a war.
@aa, dude you really are a pain in butt. You have no knowledge whatsoever and no intent to learn.

"We saved their butts during Anaconda with close air support while they stumbled around with 100-pound rucks, wheezing from the altitude, sucking up guerrilla mortar fire like magnets," says a Special Forces warrior. "No wonder the Brit Marines were sent in. And then the 10th returns home, gets a parade and 170 medals for coming under mortar attack?"

Military.com Resources

This is the reality of the ONLY "Mountain division" of the US armed forces and the so called mountains of Astan are merely hills in front of the Himalayas.

Cliff assaults done by Indian Army were and still are the highest cliff assaults done by any army in the world. It's hard to fight at a height where even standing still can kill a man from high altitude sickness. The same Brit marines who where sent to the job Americans left in the had their asses handed to them in the ex Himalayan Warrior. Shah-i-kot valley is barely higher than the throbbing cities of Shimla or Gangtok.

"a single night-time operation may see as many as a thousand men moving against a single post occupied by only ten people."- Unnamed Indian Army Major.

Acosta03 Kargill War

Download it and read it.

Every time you open your pie hole you end up degrading American members' reputation on this forum.

average american

Dude you have no idea what you are talking about... the Mig 29K is a completely new version and the one of the best aircraft in the region.

Watch from 26:30 the designers put everything they had into this new machine

Take a look at the cockpit of an Mig 29 and then look at the cockpit of the F35
about the same as the F22

F-35 glass cockpit - How to fly and drop bombs (Real Sim) - YouTube

which one would you want to fly into air combat, land on an aircraft carrier or on a ground attack, this is the future, the F29 1980s

Last edited by a moderator:

binayak95

Country flag
@aa i am pretty sure why you want us to buy the enterprise. just learnt that the Pentagon has refused to deploy the Harry S Truman to the gulf. It doesn't have money. Now the US has only one group operating off the gulf!

average american

@aa i am pretty sure why you want us to buy the enterprise. just learnt that the Pentagon has refused to deploy the Harry S Truman to the gulf. It doesn't have money. Now the US has only one group operating off the gulf!
How many does india have.? One nice thing about aircraft carriers you can move them around.

Neil

Country flag
u do realize US carriers are some of the most used warships on the planet....its useless to buy a a carrier that old and heavily used...
add to that its nuclear powered....US not in its wildest dream will share that tech with us...

binayak95

Country flag
Hold your horses!! As far as I can see, we can easily buy the enterprise. Your govt won't oppose it too badly, the british offered as their queen elizabeth class too. Why aren't we buying them?? I'll tell you why:self-reliance!! The navy wants to achieve max indegenization. The vikramaditya is a stop gap measure. and building your own first carrier is going to take time.

average american

u do realize US carriers are some of the most used warships on the planet....its useless to buy a a carrier that old and heavily used...
add to that its nuclear powered....US not in its wildest dream will share that tech with us...
So your preferance is for aircraft carriers that have not been used for 20 years, how is that working out. I live by the ocean my H/AC lasts about 5 years befor the salt spray rusts it out,, about half the life it should have, cars dont do much better.

average american

Hold your horses!! As far as I can see, we can easily buy the enterprise. Your govt won't oppose it too badly, the british offered as their queen elizabeth class too. Why aren't we buying them?? I'll tell you why:self-reliance!! The navy wants to achieve max indegenization. The vikramaditya is a stop gap measure. and building your own first carrier is going to take time.
If you could get you money back on the Vic,, i bet you could buy the Enterprize for scrap price or less, and its a real aircraft carrier not a converted Kiev class aviation cruiser which now has had 2 engine failures that has put it out of commission a fault fairly common with the Kiev class. Thats why it was laid up 20 years ago, I am not all that confindant with the repairs under way.

binayak95

Country flag
You aren't confident about the repairs underway!:rofl:
You apparently have no idea how strict the navy is with quality! Our entire line P-28 corvettes has been delayed because the IN insisted on quality.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles