Russia turns over production of long-range bombers to China

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Re: China has bought Tupolev Tu-22 production line from Russia

Chinese bhi sochte hoge gaav basa nahi bhikari pehle aa gayi. Yeh kaise strategic partner hain jinhe maangne ke alawa kuch nahin aata.
clear your point plzz

ebside this tell me a single thing we got from china for free?

ganesh177

Country flag

clear your point plzz

Yehi toh baat hain, milta toh kuch nahin china se, bas maangte rehte hain.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag

A knowledgeable friend called to say China had bought off the entire production line of the -Tu-22M3M -- the latest variant of of the 'Backfire' strategic bomber from Russia for-$1.5 billion, just $500 million more, as he reminded me,-than what India will be paying to acquire the Pilatus propeller-driven trainer aircraft from Switzerland.-This little snippet for anybody who doubts that-India is getting things strategically so horribly-wrong!!

-Bharat Karnad

Tu-22 M3M line for China, Admiral Joshi, General Bikram | Security Wise
I don't understands Karnad's logic.

Does he mean to say that even India should be ordering bombers or buying off production line of Tu22 ?

Or he means that we are paying more for ToT ?

Patriot

Country flag

A knowledgeable friend called to say China had bought off the entire production line of the -Tu-22M3M -- the latest variant of of the 'Backfire' strategic bomber from Russia for-$1.5 billion, just $500 million more, as he reminded me,-than what India will be paying to acquire the Pilatus propeller-driven trainer aircraft from Switzerland.-This little snippet for anybody who doubts that-India is getting things strategically so horribly-wrong!!

-Bharat Karnad

When we have not bought the Mirage production line that was the strategic mistake. I doubt HAL can handle this production line. In addition, Indian Navy's interest & need for Tu-22M3 matters. Anyway, this platform will be irrelevant in by the end of this decade.

mikhail

Country flag

lol:rofl:!the chinis have ultimately bought the copy right for productions of Tu-22M3M:laugh:!i just wonder what our chini friends will now say about the superiority of the chini aviation industry over the Russian Aviation industry:pound:!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

The Tu-22M was developed from the earlier Tu-22 design, incorporating variable-geometry outer wing panels. The first Tu-22M-0 prototype flew in 1969. Powered by a military derivative of the engine originally designed for the Tu-144 supersonic airliner, the Backfire is extremely fast, even at low level. The Tu-22M lacks sufficient range for truly strategic missions and is classified as a medium bomber.

The first series production model was the Tu-22M-2 Backfire-B (211 built) for the Soviet Air Forces and the Naval Aviation Forces. Normally armed with a single Kh-22 stand-off missile, this variant became operational with 185 Guard Heavy Bomber Aviation Regiment at Poltava in 1978, and also served in Afghanistan.

China must be requiring these bombers to patrol and attack in the SCS as also to launch from Tibet.

badguy2000

Respected Member

well, Russians always like blahing China is to buy this buy that .....

the list is so long...from Su33.Su34 to SU35.....this time it is the turn of Tu22

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

Back fire had a Mounted Gun in the Back side of the Jet To shoot down any Fighters in their Back side...This could Be somemore headache for us ..If the News was true...There has some Serious troubles from China like the J 20 J 31 .Just happy about ' Made in China' But Tupolov ...So Our MoD can take steps to Counter these Strategic Bomber from China..

May be any foreign user of B 52

Last edited:

abingdonboy

Country flag

What a waste of time. A 60+ year old a/c. Not only is its design incredibly outdated but the methodology and thinking behind having such a system Long gone are the days when you need such a/c. A single MKI or Rafale can pack an equally mean punch these days. I don't know what China is thinking but they got royally ripped off by the Russians. It would be like India buying the designs for the De Havilland Comet or something- money down the drain!

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned

-Bharat Karnad

Rupee news. Not confirmed by any decent media.

Country flag

-Bharat Karnad

This guy needs to get his facts right Tupollov was offered to India long ago and
rumored to have been part of the akula deal? This deal is directed more against
USA then India which is right next to china.

Tu-22M BACKFIRE (TUPOLEV) - Russian and Soviet Nuclear Forces

The Tupolev Tu-22M Backfire was a supersonic swing-wing .... Other operators (though former) went on to include Belarus, India and Ukraine.

Last edited:

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned

-Bharat Karnad

This guy needs to get his facts right Tupollov was offered to India long ago and
rumored to have been part of the akula deal?

Tu-22M BACKFIRE (TUPOLEV) - Russian and Soviet Nuclear Forces

The Tupolev Tu-22M Backfire was a supersonic swing-wing .... Other operators (though former) went on to include Belarus, India and Ukraine.
Please buy it, do China a favor.

Country flag

Try to get better sources than Rupee News a rumor mill !!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Blackwater

one Pair for Pakistan plzzzz
Bheekh mangne ki addat nahi jati kya kare:taunt1::taunt1::taunt1::taunt1:

Your Atif aslam song goes perfectly for u.

Ab to aadat si ho gayi ha ase jeene me ........ohho ohhoooo hohooooo hoooooo

Last edited:

Blackwater

clear your point plzz

i clear it for you.

He said beggars and eunuch (chaake)reach first always in the chinese pind

:taunt::taunt::taunt1::taunt1:

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned

Read the OP, do yourself a favor.

You just made that up?
How hard for you to understand what i just said, someone from Indian side posted this rupee news, I encouraged indian to purchase TU24Ms.
China showed interested long time ago but got turned down either from strategic consideration or lacking of productivity, anyways, I am not
a big fan of this old bird.

India should acquire this bomber, China should save its money and develop a B-2 Like stealthy one.
if you can buy something you are lazy to make this something, not good for a nation in long run.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles