Russia Sends 4 Mig-29K fighters to India

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Russian aircraft maker MiG has delivered four MiG-29K/KUB ship-borne fighters to the Indian Navy under a contract concluded in 2010, the company said.

With the delivery, MiG "has fulfilled all its obligations for 2012 stipulated in the 2010 contract with the Indian defence ministry", the company said in a statement.

In March 2010, Russia and India signed a $1.5-billion contract for the supply of 29 additional MiG-29K Fulcrum-D carrier-based fighter jets to New Delhi.

Russia delivers four Mig-29K fighters to Indian Navy

sasi

Russia delivers four MiG-29K fighters to India

Russia delivers four MiG-29K fighters to India - World - DNA
Russian aircraft maker MiG has delivered four MiG-29K/KUB ship-borne fighters to the Indian Navy under a contract concluded in 2010, the company said.
With the delivery, MiG "has fulfilled all its obligations for 2012 stipulated in the 2010 contract with the Indian defence ministry", the company said in a statement.
In March 2010, Russia and India signed a $1.5-billion contract for the supply of 29 additional MiG-29K Fulcrum-D carrier-based fighter jets to New Delhi.
Last year, Russia fulfilled its 2004 contract with the Indian defence ministry, supplying the country with 12 single-seat MiG-29Ks and four two-seat MiG-29KUBs.
The contracts for the jets also stipulate pilot training and aircraft maintenance, including the delivery of flight simulators and interactive ground and sea-based training systems.
The Indian Navy will base the MiG-29K squadron, dubbed the "Black Panthers" at an airfield in Goa until the INS Vikramaditya, the Soviet-built carrier originally named the Admiral Gorshkov, joins the Navy in 2013.
The MiG-29K is a navalised variant of the MiG-29 land-based fighter, and has folding wings, an arrester tail-hook, strengthened airframe and multirole capability. It can be armed witha wide variety of air-to-air and air-to-surface weaponry.
/

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
Good but if they had supplied the INS Vikramaditya then things would have been real top class

JBH22

Its the completion of the first order?

This plane is good hope more of the MIG-35 developed tech gets migrated on the Mig-29K. Any idea on the production capacity of the of MIG-MAPO .

mikhail

Country flag
guys i have been hearing this news that the Indian Navy is planning to acquire atleast 60 more Mig-29ks in addition to the current 45 on order and in the IN inventory and it is also planning to maintain a 10 squadron combat aircraft force in the near future!can somebody shed some light in this matter or is it a false news!btw i read that the future requirement of the IN is around 80 Mig-29ks.
http://www.aviotech.com/pdf/Aviotech_Thought_Leadership_Series_Naval_Acquisitions_February_2012.pdf

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
guys i have been hearing this news that the Indian Navy is planning to acquire atleast 60 more Mig-29ks in addition to the current 45 on order and in the IN inventory and it is also planning to maintain a 10 squadron combat aircraft force in the near future!can somebody shed some light in this matter or is it a false news!btw i read that the future requirement of the IN is around 80 Mig-29ks.
http://www.aviotech.com/pdf/Aviotech_Thought_Leadership_Series_Naval_Acquisitions_February_2012.pdf
I also heard the same, and the next ones would come with AESA too, I read somewhere.......

Mig29s have a running production line and a front-line aircraft like it for so low price, around $40mil each, is possible only right now. the new batches are fit in comparison with Mirage2000-5mk2 and F16 block52, and among the most tested aircraft of the world, similar to Mirage2000 and F16s. we expect at least 60 more Mig29s with AESA, without any requirement of training/infrastructure etc also as its a working arm in Indian inventory :thumb:

we also discussed a similar news of at least 45 more as below, is there any confirm link in this regard????

Last edited:

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
I also heard the same, and the next ones would come with AESA too, I read somewhere.......

Mig29s have a running production line and a front-line aircraft like it for so low price, around $40mil each, is possible only right now. the new batches are fit in comparison with Mirage2000-5mk2 and F16 block52, and among the most tested aircraft of the world, similar to Mirage2000 and F16s. we expect at least 60 more Mig29s with AESA, without any requirement of training/infrastructure etc also as its a working arm in Indian inventory :thumb:

we also discussed a similar news of at least 45 more as below, is there any confirm link in this regard????
MiG 29K is the only plane available at the Right Price and the Capabilities.

F-18 --> Unkil --> Strickly No No.
Rafale M --> Cat Tech off the shelf is available only with Unkil again, would be a hard bargain.

MiG 29K is an all weather fighter with decent NM range with A2A and A2G Capabilities.

Additionally Good for Bombing Defenceless Coasts and controlling uncontested skies near enemy territories.

mikhail

Country flag

well if we are going to induct 100+ Mig-29ks in the near future then i don't think we will opt for the N-MMRCA competition as we will then have over 100 4.5 gen Mig-29ks with IN plus IN will also induct around 50-60 N-LCA so i think the projected strength of 10 squadrons will be achieved in the near future minus the N-MMRCA aircraft!:cool2:

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
well if we are going to induct 100+ Mig-29ks in the near future then i don't think we will opt for the N-MMRCA competition as we will then have over 100 4.5 gen Mig-29ks with IN plus IN will also induct around 50-60 N-LCA so i think the projected strength of 10 squadrons will be achieved in the near future minus the N-MMRCA aircraft!:cool2:
sir before thinking about M-MRCA, you would first understand that this deal is not even finalized yet, IAF is even hoping for something Rafale F3+, bit better than what in offered in Brazilian tender to have a true Top Gun, and at least as much stealthy as Super Sukhoi, they recently signed for $4.3bn for 42 piece. (there must be a good reason to pay $18billion+ for 126 aircrafts.) hence we won't expect arrival of Rafale till 2016, its running production line in India till 2017/18, and after training etc, it won't really work on the border areas till 2020+. the minimum of 3-4 years of just training is required to master an aircraft :wave:

and till then you do need something. and please dont under estimate Mig29s, as even right now the best arm on the Indian border is F16 block52 (not J10s and who knows when they get J10B?) and Mig29s are as good as F16s for so low price, bit superior with AESA, without any sting attacked with it also like how pakistan suffer from Uncle Sam...... there can't be comparison of an arm which can straight be put on the border, specially if it has a running production line and is offered for so low price :ranger:

datguy79

Does this mean more aircraft carriers? No way they could fit that many planes on 2-3 carriers, or could they?

mikhail

Country flag
Does this mean more aircraft carriers? No way they could fit that many planes on 2-3 carriers, or could they?
well afaik IN has a plan to have 6 operational carriers in the long run to dominate the IOR.so far we have nearly inducted INS Vikramaditya and the IN will get INS Vikrant(IAC-I) operational by 2017 plus we have INS Viraat which will serve the IN for at least 2020.the construction of IAC-2 has already started in july this year and we can hope that it will get operational by 2022.so we need at least 100 combat aircrafts to serve these three carriers plus we need some aircraft on onshore bases for performing anti-shipping,air policing duties.:rolleyes:

vishwaprasad

Country flag
Fulcrums well whatever west say about them are the scary beasts which in the hands of professional force like India are none other than the vampires.....remember KARGIL???....

mikhail

Country flag
Fulcrums well whatever west say about them are the scary beasts which in the hands of professional force like India are none other than the vampires.....remember KARGIL???....
i completely agree with you in this matter!plus the Mig-29K which the IN operates is more or less a totally different aircraft than the Mig-29 UPG which the IAF operates with advanced avionics,fuel efficiency and the best part is that a large part of this aircraft is made up of composite materials which reduces its RCS 4 or 5 times than that of the Mig-29 UPG!other than that its one of the best when it comes to A2A combat.no doubt it will help the IN greatly to establish total air superiority in the IOR!:thumb:

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
i completely agree with you in this matter!plus the Mig-29K which the IN operates is more or less a totally different aircraft than the Mig-29 UPG which the IAF operates with advanced avionics,fuel efficiency and the best part is that a large part of this aircraft is made up of composite materials which reduces its RCS 4 or 5 times than that of the Mig-29 UPG!other than that its one of the best when it comes to A2A combat.no doubt it will help the IN greatly to establish total air superiority in the IOR!:thumb:
one of the most important thing related to its buying is about its availability. Rafale won't really be working as front line aircraft till 2018/20+, as discussed in post#11, and LCA mch1 is not really that effective too until we get LCA mch2, which won't come in production till 2016+, as per the recent news. hence this way you have only SU30mki, Mig29s, and Mirage2000 for any challenge you may face till 2020, the only 'three' 4++ and 4.5 gen aircrafts which can straight work with IAF/IN as they already have infrastructure/training etc.....

from here, you have 49 Mirage2000 which would be upgraded to 2000-5mk2 standard till 2020, 68 Mig29s and 270 SU30mki by 2015, hopefully. and hence the total comes around 390+45 Mig29k this way, not less but not enough either. neither you have LCA mech2 right now nor even Rafale too, and Mig29k have a running production line, among the mostly tested 4.5 gen aircrafts, for a very low price which may straight be employed on the border/water border areas.

we hope to see a news for a deal of at least 45 more of it, with hopefully ASEA too :thumb:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles