Russia Seeks to Reopen Military Bases in Vietnam and Cuba

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Also, it's Indians, Egyptians and Vietnamese who successfully popularized Russian weapons on the real battlefield.

Styx missile was used by Indians and Egyptians with devastating effect. SA series Sam became notorious in Vietnam war.

The real producer ie Russians hardly used it ever except for killing their own people in Gulags or Chechnya.

India22

Russia in my opinion was never really that friend. When they were generally anti-Pakistan same time they provided much equipment to China. We always shout when US gives Pakistan weapons but what about Russia giving China a lot of weapons? India should ditch trusted ally thing. Start Military research in ever A+ grade university and end reliance on Russians or any other foreign country's ASAP.

square

Strategic Issues
Actually they provided weapons to pakis before 1971 according to Sipri. Somewhere i read that Shastrji was died due to poisoning by KGB and later the personal Doctor of Shastrji was died in mysterious circumstances.

Russians even denied us critical technology like Gun barrels of T 90 tanks and BM 30 Smerch even though we had paid for it.

I personally don't trust Ruskies especially under Putin.
i think its not proper from your part to deny the help russia extended to india for so long.....

and on putin.....see , india has only one enemy and still we are so motivated.....just looks at the enemy list of russia.....you will understand his position...

Bornubus

i think its not proper from your part to deny the help russia extended to india for so long.....
And India sustained their defense industry for more than 5 decades.

square

Strategic Issues
And India sustained their defense industry for more than 5 decades.
no , if you looks , for 5 dacade , we licence produce equipments and now same fectories are involved in making our own.....

PD_Solo

The only one
Country flag
no , if you looks , for 5 dacade , we licence produce equipments and now same fectories are involved in making our own.....
Don't forget MIG was on verge of closing and we bailed them by ordering MIG 29k.

Russian firms consider us as insurance policy.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Bornubus

Mostly assembled. But what about the critical technology like Gun Barrels and Metallurgy etc ?

Now compare this with Chinese - Pak defense relations. Pakis are given most of the tech by Chinese. Tank Ammo, ATGMs, SAM, depleted uranium rounds, Anti Runway munitions etc

Pakis not only produce these Chinese stuff in their home but export to other nations.

DingDong

Country flag
Mostly assembled. But what about the critical technology like Gun Barrels and Metallurgy etc ?

Now compare this with Chinese - Pak defense relations. Pakis are given most of the tech by Chinese. Tank Ammo, ATGMs, SAM, depleted uranium rounds, Anti Runway munitions etc

Pakis not only produce these Chinese stuff in their home but export to other nations.
In short, Russian technology seeped into Pakistan via China?

Bornubus

Russians sold us inferior T 72M1 (monkey model) while they had T 72B. Admiral Gorshkov was also a costly deal.

square

Strategic Issues

china using pakistan against india...because thats their cheaper way to keep india angage in non productive activites....

and pakistan given then askai chin......and now the entire pakistan is open for chinese purchase under cpec.....what you mention are just too little a price china paying for the bargain...

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
My close friend's dad was military attache in Indian consulate in Russia. He said that the Army would pick a superior non Russian product but the Russians would bribe Indian politicians to buy commie Ruskie crap. They've kept our politicians happy all these years and our politicians have oversold Indo Russian friendship to unsuspecting masses to keep the gravy train flowing.

IndianHawk

Country flag
And what is India doing in retaliation ?

But still unless we provide Vietnam with nukes or we enter into an iron clad war agreement with USA and Japan whatever we do will fall short for china.

square

Strategic Issues
My close friend's dad was military attache in Indian consulate in Russia. He said that the Army would pick a superior non Russian product but the Russians would bribe Indian politicians to buy commie Ruskie crap. They've kept our politicians happy all these years and our politicians have oversold Indo Russian friendship to unsuspecting masses to keep the gravy train flowing.
tell me which russian equipment you are calling a crap ?....remember cope 2004 ,2005...

and would you , or the dad of your friend provide any other option under the cost that indian budget allocate to defence purchases..?

mig29 , was the only fighter at the time of kargil to have BVR.....and after just one lock ,PAF decided not to take part in 1998 , .....and pakistan able to get it after 10 years...mirage get it after paying almost 40m$ per plane upgrade , just resently.....

MKI , is still the best we have in 4.5 G catagery , ...remember garuda2016..

tell me which countery will give you a nuclear sub on lease..?

which countery offered you to sell a crayogenic engine when we do not have our own...
air refueling tanker , we still not able to purchase , why , because now we want to purchase a westen one , but can' t afford it......rafale , we just bought 36...

russian defence budget is equal to that of india , and its realy remarkable that they able to achive so much under their limited resources and they always gives us the best they have ...

and for those , who are fond of west /US...

javline , which they are offering is just 2.5 km range....f16/f18 , radar range they offerd under mmrca was just 130km , almost half that they actually had...after almost 10 years of nuclear deal with US , no purchases are made , because the terms & conditions are too hash and cost is too high...

i can go on and on and on......

but to cut long story short , .....we can only buy which we can afford and match our requirments , not the one which fall short on our actual needs but still cost almost 2.5 times , dispite having a better quality ....

airtel

Country flag
tell me which russian equipment you are calling a crap ?....remember cope 2004 ,2005...

and would you , or the dad of your friend provide any other option under the cost that indian budget allocate to defence purchases..?

mig29 , was the only fighter at the time of kargil to have BVR.....and after just one lock ,PAF decided not to take part in 1998 , .....and pakistan able to get it after 10 years...mirage get it after paying almost 40m$ per plane upgrade , just resently.....

MKI , is still the best we have in 4.5 G catagery , ...remember garuda2016..

tell me which countery will give you a nuclear sub on lease..?

which countery offered you to sell a crayogenic engine when we do not have our own...
air refueling tanker , we still not able to purchase , why , because now we want to purchase a westen one , but can' t afford it......rafale , we just bought 36...

russian defence budget is equal to that of india , and its realy remarkable that they able to achive so much under their limited resources and they always gives us the best they have ...

and for those , who are fond of west /US...

javline , which they are offering is just 2.5 km range....f16/f18 , radar range they offerd under mmrca was just 130km , almost half that they actually had...after almost 10 years of nuclear deal with US , no purchases are made , because the terms & conditions are too hash and cost is too high...

i can go on and on and on......

but to cut long story short , .....we can only buy which we can afford and match our requirments , not the one which fall short on our actual needs but still cost almost 2.5 times , dispite having a better quality ....

Russian weapons are not crap ...................they are cheaper & Good enough .

but Russia is Providing weapons to Both India and China .

if any war time situation if they stop Providing parts to India then what we will do ?

this is why we should develop our own Industry .

Bornubus

Arming Vietnam. Signing foundational defense pacts with USA.
Arming Vietnam with what ? Patrol vessels won't make any difference in their dispute with China.

As of now Viets didn't get any offensive weapon from India.

Signing foundational defense pacts with USA.
Don't put too much trust on US. Nations which has older defense ties with US never got any real military intervention.

square

Strategic Issues
Russian weapons are not crap ...................they are cheaper & Good enough .

but Russia is Providing weapons to Both India and China .

if any war time situation if they stop Providing parts to India then what we will do ?

this is why we should develop our own Industry .
if we have to look for problem then its pakistan not china....

what i see is a very very unrestfull situation in pakistan in next 3 years.....
why ?

cpec , are we all know is open gate where china has being given a free hand by the present rulers of pakistan ( both political and army )..

it appears to me , that politically its has been accepted that pakistan not going to hold long in present form and everybody is on a rampage to collect as much money as possible though cpec before flyaway...

how ,

looking at the term and condition on which the project been awarded ....
the contrects of these road projects are given at a price ....around 120crore per km......just looking at the cost itself anybody can guess the extent of corruption.....
and the loans which they are taking is too high for them to return , and the projects just can't produce profit untill chinese investers charge the people over the roof......govt can either repay the loans or manage internal split..

their will be unrest in pakistan over economic collapse , unemplyment , health & civic problems ....ultimatly leads to revolt and spilt....exectly like the ussr in 1990....

pmaitra

Arming Vietnam. Signing foundational defense pacts with USA. Inviting Japan into Malabar exercise. Poking nose into south china sea.

But still unless we provide Vietnam with nukes or we enter into an iron clad war agreement with USA and Japan whatever we do will fall short for china.
You are being optimistic.

USA, Russian Federation, and to some extent PRC, can get away with twisting international laws. Other countries cannot.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles