Russia may deploy with India co-production "Sukhoi Superjet"

pmaitra

Yes, but para-military can use it. It is not suitable for military. Para-military need is moving troops inside the country.
Some aeroplanes in the past had dual military and civilian applications.

A stripped down Sukhoi Superjet can be used for military transport. Ilyushin-18 had both civilian and military applications. For military planes, sometimes it is beneficial to have the engines higher up from the ground to prevent debris from getting in while landing in or taking off from semi-prepared runways. This would require raised wings (like Ilyushin-76).

sgarg

@pmaitra, India has plenty of regional airports with good runways. SSJ can takeoff/land at paved runways with 1600 meters length. This specs apply to maybe 400 airports/airstrips in India.

Movement of para-military between different places is required often. Air transport can do it faster.

In wartime also a lot of para-military will be required for rear security.

Last edited by a moderator:

sasi

Re: Russia may deploy with India co-production aircraft "Sukhoi Superj

Sir, there are no reason to get fooled in it.

Anyway, it's a business proposal.

Let some private sector business group get involved in it.

It is not government's business to do business.

Some Indian private company can get good chance to start their business in aviation industry.

I am wrong?
ur right. But unless govt commit to certain no. Of aircraft. They willn't do it!

Pvt aren't that generous!

Zebra

Country flag
Re: Russia may deploy with India co-production aircraft "Sukhoi Superj

ur right. But unless govt commit to certain no. Of aircraft. They willn't do it!

Pvt aren't that generous!
If they won't do it then what else we can do about it!

At the end of the day it is not govt's business to do business.

sorcerer

Country flag
@sasi
I read a report online that Indian domestic industry would atleast need 200 + regional aircrafts like which is being discussed on this thread.
I am hunting for that report. Will post the link as i get it.

I am telling you to assure you that Indian domestic air travel industry is very robust and its picking up pace. Bring in own made equipment and operators and domestic air travel will boom many folds in India.

sasi

If they won't do it then what else we can do about it!

At the end of the day it is not govt's business to do business.
@sasi
I read a report online that Indian domestic industry would atleast need 200 regional aircrafts like which is being discussed on this thread.
I am hunting for that report. Will post the link as i get it.

I am telling you to assure you that Indian domestic air travel industry is very robust and its picking up pace. Bring in own made equipment and operators and domestic air travel will boom many folds in India.
airforce,air india and pvt airlines importing! Frame a comprehensive policy! Annonce some incentives for those who buying made in india plane.

Don't know what's going on with nal regional plane(100seat)!
~
ps- i told u!,here-We also discussed the possibility of assembling the Sukhoi Superjet-100 airplane in India

http://idrw.org/?p=46502

sorcerer

Country flag
airforce,air india and pvt airlines importing! Frame a comprehensive policy! Annonce some incentives for those who buying made in india plane.

Don't know what's going on with nal regional plane(100seat)!
~
ps- i told u!,here-We also discussed the possibility of assembling the Sukhoi Superjet-100 airplane in India

Several new Indo-Russian projects to come under "strategic vision" agreement – Dmitry Rogozin | idrw.org
Yes, you are right.
Thanks.. I was actually looking for that article.

sgarg

There seems to be some basis for the offer. The GOI is keen to build transport aircraft in India. So this is stepping stone to building MTA in the eyes of the Russians.

If GOI accepts the offer, then HAL, Kanpur is the likely place for this project.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles