Russia Confirms S-400 Availability to India

Chinmoy

Country flag
I think the deal would be signed by 2018 only. There is work to be done on pricing front.
As far as what I have read in morning news and seen, it was to be discussed today only. Is this talk about 'Triumpf' been already taken place? Modi is in France today I think.

lcafanboy

Country flag
Russia readying to supply S-400 missile systems to India

June 1, 2017 | UPDATED 22:55 IST

Narendra Modis ongoing visit to this Russian city.

India had announced on October 15 last year a deal on the Triumf air defence systems from Russia, worth over USD five billion, and collaborate in making four state of art frigates besides setting up a joint production facility for making Kamov helicopters.

The deals were announced following talks held between Prime Minister Modi and Russian President Putin on the sidelines of the BRICS Summit held in Goa.

The S-400 Triumf long-range air defence missile system has the capability to destroy incoming hostile aircraft, missiles and even drones at ranges of up to 400 km.

India and Russia have been in talks for over a year for the purchase of at least five systems of S-400 that will be a game changer in the region.

It is capable of firing three types of missiles, creating a layered defence, and simultaneously engaging 36 targets. PTI AKJ AKJ
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...-s-400-missile-systems-to-india/1/968826.html

square

Strategic Issues
terms of sale.....

tot to rel defence ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles