RSS says Pakistan our ‘brother’, govt must work to improve ties

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by ezsasa, Sep 5, 2015.

1. ezsasa

ezsasa Senior Member Senior Member

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...st-work-to-improve-ties/article1-1387560.aspx

The RSS on Friday favoured engagement with Pakistan and other neigbours, saying they were “formed out of the same body (India)”, and endorsed the Narendra Modi government’s “direction, intent and commitment” in the past 14 months.

The BJP’s ideological mentor said there was a need to discuss how to improve relations with people related historically and geographically vis-à-vis India’s neigbours.
    RSS joint general secretary Dattatreya Hosabale shrugged off the acrimony between India and Pakistan, saying such things happen “in a family ... between brothers” and one should move on and work to improve relationships.

“In Bharat, Kauravas and Pandavas were brothers. Efforts have to be made for dharma sansthapana (to establish order),” he said in reply to how the two nations could maintain brotherly relations in the face of “provocations” by Pakistan.

The Sangh, which expressed concern about the changing “demographic profile” at the three-day RSS-BJP coordination meeting in Delhi, announced its decision to set up a committee to prepare a report on the recently released religion census, which will be discussed at its Ranchi meet in November.

Prime Minister Modi told leaders of the RSS and its affiliates on the concluding day of the event that it was because of the “sanskar” or ethics learnt from the Sangh that he could reach where he did.

He said his government has done a lot of work and exhorted the Sangh to convey the achievements to people across the country. “But a lot more has to be done. We are trying to reach out to the last man of our country and our efforts will finally show,” he was learnt to have said.

The RSS agreed. “Only 14 months have passed. There is more time and a lot more is to be done. Whatever has been done so far, the direction is right, dedication, commitment and achievements are good. We have to move forward. There cannot be 100% satisfaction for everyone,” RSS leader Hosabale said.

He dismissed the opposition’s criticism that the government was run through remote control by the Sangh, following presentations by senior ministers at the meeting.

The RSS said the meeting was not to review the performance of the Modi government. “We are not an illegal organisation. We are citizens of the country. We have every right to ask ministers, who are also swayamsevaks,” Hosabale said.

The clarification had little effect on the attack launched by the opposition, which had called the meeting an appraisal exercise of the Modi government by the Sangh.

“Modiji can see intolerant non-state actors controlling large territories evrywhr-but not the intolerant non-state actor ctrling him&hisGovt!” tweeted Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi.

RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat is learnt to have expressed satisfaction over the functioning of the government and batted for regular meetings between the Sangh and its affiliates for better coordination.

The RSS advised the government to Indianise the education system, while delegates shared ideas on economic models that would help people in the countryside get better employment and medical facilities.

Hosabale said the RSS would wait for construction of the Ram Temple in Ayodhya in accordance with the government’s time-table since the issue was pending before the Supreme Court.

3. ezsasa

Starting this thread to get opinions on the Govt current strategy that "Talking" to pakistan is better way forward. I myself am yet to form an firm opinion on this aspect, maybe others can help me make up my mind.

4. ezsasa

And also maybe this article should be posted on paki forums, just to watch the reactions. Particularly this statement by RSS goes against the "Hinduvata" crap fed by their jernail thru their media.

5. Varahamihira

Varahamihira Regular Member

Don't know about what RSS is thinking but the recent Govt. actions makes me believe they are making Pakistan not to engage India.If Pak wants to talk then it will be only on terrorism.Which Pak won't agree and becomes villain among its friends on 'war on terror'.

6. ezsasa

I am of the opinion pakistan will never be a villain among it's old "War on terror" friends, atleast not until total pullout of boots on the ground in Afghanistan. We will have to wait and see atleast till 2017 to know what will happen. We should not be fooled by american lip service until then.

i believe irrespective of what stand we take, Pakistan will not talk publicly with india as long as sartaj aziz is handling their foreign affairs. The guy might be a veteran on india policy , but old age makes you value your life and dignity more.

7. Varahamihira

Varahamihira Regular Member

Yep you are right.
    i don't trust American Goats with Pakistanis...

8. blueblood

blueblood Senior Member Senior Member

RSS can be such a hoot sometime.

Liberals were always saying RSS will make India a Hindu Pakistan so that was never going to change.

OTOH, Pakis should have no problem with RSS since RSS is pro Pak now. :pound:

OneGrimPilgrim likes this.
  9. AnantS

AnantS Senior Member Senior Member

They called Pakistan Kauravas!? Remember even Shri Krishan offered peace talks before waging final war....
    See it as pat on back of Modi while maintaining Aman Ka Tamacha for media consumption

10. ezsasa

Pretty sure this RSS statement will never get reported in Baki media.

11. Abhijat

Abhijat Regular Member

Efforts have to be made for dharma sansthapana .

So is it a declaration of war between Dharm and Adharm ?

maomao likes this.
  12. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

Is RSS working on its PR now or has it gone completely loonatic?:hmm:

OneGrimPilgrim and jackprince like this.
  13. Rowdy

Rowdy Co ja kurwa czytam! Senior Member

It's optics. To keep Daughter sellers happy with future sales possibilities.

14. hit&run

hit&run Elite Member Elite Member

The heading could have been well misconstrued ....

What RSS said look more cunning and sneaky If its read in totality.

RSS said even Kauravs and Pandavas were brothers too..... :tongue2: and there is need to do Dharama Sansthapana.

I don't see RSS statement as liberal, soft or conceding but day dreaming, out of reality for sure.

15. Simple_Guy

Simple_Guy Regular Member

RSS says handle border tensions aggressively

While asking the government to handle the disturbances at the border more ‘aggressively’, the Sangh informed the government functionaries about its intention to hold 100-odd camps in the Valley to counter separatist propaganda.

RSS on Thursday seemed worried about the party’s failure to control its ally, the PDP, in the state.

The RSS leadership also asked the government to take Hindu migrants from Bangladesh as refugees and adopt a stronger position on the Arunachal Pradesh border issue with China. The government, sources claimed, earned kudos for the Naga peace agreement.

16. I_PLAY_BAD

I_PLAY_BAD Regular Member

According to our culture Peace is the first and foremost weapon of any war. Lets us try to achieve that.
    We must engage Pakistan and try to push her to vacate PoK peacefully. Rest of Kashmir is not her concern and cannot be discussed with her as those lands legally belong to us. Leave aside Hurriyat mullahs, if they have any problems they have to discuss with their Government and should not try to involve Pakistan in India's 'internal' issues. It is Pakistan who is occupying PoK illegally.
    Having said that, at the other hand we must be 100% ready to counter them militarily if our hands were forced. If they attack us by any means, we must not stop give in to any international pressure and move forward, dismember Pakistan into Balochistan and multiple 'pieces'.
    Give Peace for Peace and Blood for Blood should be the way forward.

OneGrimPilgrim and rohit.gr77 like this.
  17. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

And that brilliant strategy has resulted in millions of Hindu deaths and years of subjugation over the past 7 centuries. So how about we stop being stupid ditch this retarded pacifism?

DingDong, OneGrimPilgrim and Rowdy like this.
  18. I_PLAY_BAD

I agree. But don't just get freaked by the first line. Please note what I have typed in the second half of my post too.

19. OneGrimPilgrim

OneGrimPilgrim Senior Member Senior Member

whr invaders hv been eulogised, heroes binned!!
    and fortunately/unfortunately (depending on with whose perspective you look), we're left with only the latter half as the sole option, till atleast napakistan is still obsessed with its staple diet of 3As (Allah, Army, America).

20. I_PLAY_BAD

Seems like second option is more imminent as Pakistan is moving from a AAA diet to CCC (China China China) diet. CCC is graver to India than AAA was.

OneGrimPilgrim likes this.
  21. sorcerer

sorcerer Senior Member Senior Member

The Call for communicating intentions and using diplomacy as means to settle disputes and improve relations.

The warning to be on guard and give thrashing to Pakistan.
    Thrashing Pakistan has so far been an efficient means for Dharma Sansthapana!!

:D