RSS role in bombing samjhota express. mecca masjid

S.A.T.A

Cover ups and politically motivated witch hunting does not serve in any manner any self respecting country.unfortunately we fail on both counts.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
JayATL said:
n fact lead the world is shininga light
offtopic,
Instead of iraq/af let's conc on a subcontinental matter
Where was the US when the Pakistani army was conducting a genocide of Bangladeshis?

Oh that's right, they sent a nuclear powered aircraft carrier as a show of support to Pakistan. Where's the 'moral compass' now?

Countries act for their self interest, morality means squat.

JayATL

Strawman. I did not 'advocate' anything.

Actually, soft power backed by hard military+economic might and ability to convince the world that your viewpoint is the right one, sounds awfully close to the 'USA model'.

btw "Detaining inocent people" ? Guantánamo rings any bells?

Ummm yeah after they/you invaded the country and 'bombed it with democracy'. Pretty convenient eh?

I think I'm gonna puke right now :puke:
what do you mean your are not advocating it . you said " Oh what a load of crap. Moral compass doesn't get you anywhere.". And economic and military power by itself makes you a china and look at the world's opinion of china. Look at its friends, IRAN, North Korea, Pakistan- pissing off 99% of its neighbors. Look how the world treats china besides trade... a recent article cited Japanese industries about moving its trade as a majority from china to India in the next 3 years because of china's military threats and attitude towards free developed nations.

Look at what the US did to it's image by going into IRAQ. And then look at when obama came to be president how the world was heartened by him, as not being a neo con. why because we are showing our moral compass! by having the US citizenry elect a man who represented the countries moral compass_ that was hijacked by the neo con republican establishment. They did not have to do so after all we still have that economic and military power you cite.

It's the US people and it's population, an overwhelming majority, that have rejected the Iraq invasion after we learnt about the lies, and it's media and govt ( opposition ) that hammered republicans openly about a war of choice vs necessity. The supreme court rectified Guantanamo from the perspective of " must have duo process". US policies in this regard have a majority of its people disgusted and working on rectifying it .

What you are not getting is that you can make grave mistakes, but if you want to play a role of leadership as a country- you must advocate an open and democratic process of rectifying and not covering it up. Just like what GOI has done in this case- it only goes to show the world that India is a true democracy and has a moral compass, where it will do the right thing ultimately. It's a thing to be proud of ...

Puke away...

Last edited:

ejazr

Ambassador
The reason why Col Purohit and Abhinav Bharat wanted to target Mohan Bhagwat was because they considered him "soft" on muslims and that he was an ISI agent. Swami Aseemanand also mentions in his confession that Col Purohit told him that Indresh Kumar was also an ISI agent and that he had documents to proove it but Col Purohit never showed him that. The confessional statements and recorded conversation transcripts contain this info linked in my earlier post.

Fanatics are not known to make logical conclusions. That is why they are fanatics and hence dangerous.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
JayATL said:
And economic and military power by itself makes you a china and look at the world's opinion of china. Look at its friends, IRAN, North Korea, Pakistan- pissing off 99% of its neighbors. Look how the world treats china besides trade...look at what ta recent article cited Japanese industries about moving its trade as a majority from china to India because of china's military threat
Again you're just cherry picking. I said power backed up by an ability to convince the world that your viewpoint is right. China's propaganda machinery sucks, it's good for it's citizens but no one outside China takes it seriously.

Iraq invasion already happened, no point rejecting it. It's not gonna bring those lives back
Read my previous post on American support when Pakistan was involved in the Bangladeshi genocide.

The documents were declassified later, wow America is so open and democratic right? It even declassified those docs !! Power to the people !!

But does that change the fact that in 1971 Americans overtly and covertly supported Pakistan ?!

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
JayATL said:
And economic and military power by itself makes you a china and look at the world's opinion of china. Look at its friends, IRAN, North Korea, Pakistan- pissing off 99% of its neighbors. Look how the world treats china besides trade...look at what ta recent article cited Japanese industries about moving its trade as a majority from china to India because of china's military threat
Again you're just cherry picking. I said power backed up by an ability to convince the world that your viewpoint is right. China's propaganda machinery sucks, it's good for it's citizens but no one outside China takes it seriously.

Iraq invasion already happened, no point rejecting it. It's not gonna bring those lives back
Read my previous post on American support when Pakistan was involved in the Bangladeshi genocide.

The documents were declassified later, wow America is so open and democratic right? It even declassified those docs !! Power to the people !!

But does that change the fact that in 1971 Americans overtly and covertly supported Pakistan ?!

JayATL

where is India when it's neighbor's citizenry in Myanmar and Tibet are being slaughtered or on the past LTTE issue? On one hand you talk about US interference and then on the other hand you ask for it to interfere. Yes , they supported Pakistan , just like USSR did India. It was a different geo political , cold war era. you could not have a more pro India stance than from the US right now.

If I / all were to follow your logic- then WHY DON"T you advocate an anti UK stance for India? They did more than send a ship, they screwed us, slaughtered us,robbed and plundered us to oblivion. This anti US bias is based on an emotional response, doing the very cherry picking you protest- to brand that country.

Last edited:

S.A.T.A

Mohan Bhahwat,the RSS Pramukh is an ISI agent,that would by extension mean RSS is an ISI plant.Iam certainly beginning to understand the whole rationale.

JayATL

btw I know I tend to use the word ' us' between India and US. both are an integral part of me ...

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
JayATL said:
If I / all were to follow your logic- then WHY DON"T you advocate an anti UK stance for India? They did more than send a ship, they screwed us, slaughtered us,robbed and plundered us to oblivion. This anti US bias is based on an emotional response, doing the very cherry picking you protest- to brand that country.
Hehe do you think I go on the roads and burn US flags? I'm a realist, now USA and our interests align I support them...for the time being. However the USA is certainly not a 'shining beacon of light', it's good/bad as any other country (albeit with a good propaganda dept). I'm not emotional at all.

JayATL said:
here is India when it's neighbor's citizenry in Myanmar and Tibet are being slaughtered or on the past LTTE issue? On one hand you talk about US interference and then on the other hand you ask for it to interfere.
You're contradicting yourself

For the last time: my argument is self interest trumps all (Tibet is part of China btw), morality means squat. Well call keep telling the Myanmar junta about the benefits of democracy (which we did for quite a while) and watch them slowly slip away to China or....(you know the answer)

Remember your argument was about morality

Yes , they supported Pakistan , just like USSR did India. It was a different geo political , cold war era. you could not have a more pro India stance than from the US right now.
Uh uh...You were going bonkers over the 'moral compass' etc. I am on the side of realpolitik NOT morality.

Killing Bangladeshis by the thousands= amoral, Supporting Pakistan=Geopolitics and self interest

Why is US pro India now? Because of great Indian morals and soft spiritual power? NO

1. It wants access to Indian markets
2. It wants to counter China

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
JayATL said:
Hehe do you think I go on the roads and burn US flags? I'm a realist, now USA and our interests align I support them...for the time being. However the USA is certainly not a 'shining beacon of light', it's good/bad as any other country (albeit with a good propaganda dept). I'm not emotional at all.

JayATL said:
here is India when it's neighbor's citizenry in Myanmar and Tibet are being slaughtered or on the past LTTE issue? On one hand you talk about US interference and then on the other hand you ask for it to interfere.

For the last time: my argument is self interest trumps all (Tibet is part of China btw), morality means squat. Well call keep telling the Myanmar junta about the benefits of democracy (which we did for quite a while) and watch them slowly slip away to China or....(you know the answer)

Yes , they supported Pakistan , just like USSR did India. It was a different geo political , cold war era. you could not have a more pro India stance than from the US right now.
Uh uh...You were going bonkers over the 'moral compass' etc. I am on the side of realpolitik NOT morality.

Killing Bangladeshis by the thousands= amoral, Supporting Pakistan=Geopolitics and self interest

Why is US pro India now? Because of great Indian morals and soft spiritual power? NO

JayATL

dude , I was talking about the fact that since India wants to be in a leadership role and given its mandate now in the UNSC- taking on terrorism as that very mandate ( go read my original post) it is imperative that actions such as what was cited in the article here, continues to be the attitude of the GOI. You came in and called what I termed as the good showing of moral compass and authority of India as Crap, in relationship to being a leader in the world stage. Then you went on to cherry pick items of US disdain to challenge the moral compass of the US ( essentially calling it morally corrupt based on a few incidents or missteps vs its history, democratic principles and its people etc)

For the last time: my argument is self interest trumps all
No shit Sherlock ( and I mean that in a lighthearted manner):)- that showing a moral compass as shown by GOI on this incident is what I called as advocating for its self interest! you cant sit on a " anti terrorism board/mandate and ignore your own home grown terrorist" .

I think you don't understand the term moral compass vs social morality. You were blinded by the anti Us apathy and took off on an tangent about it instead of reading , re reading what I had originally posted. Moral compass of a country here= integrity.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
JayATL and lurker.baba,

You are taking this thread totally on a different tangent unrelated to the topic at hand. Please don't go further than this, your posts will get deleted.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
What is the credibility of the govt and its investigation agencies consideringhr variety of people who have been accused of perpetrating various acts of terror in this country.The central govt first blamed Pakistani terror outfit LET and their co Islamic terrorists based in indian and B'desh,the HuJi,this was declared so by the govt on the floor of the parliament,so much so even the United nations report quotes the govt on the same,and now we have the govt agencies coming up with a whole new set of candidates.If the samjhauta was carried out by Hindu groups,why did they blame LeT or HuJi,on what basis and evidence.

In the wake of this new allegation,what is going to be left govt credibility over its accusation that Pakistani terrorists carried out the Mumbai attacks,who is going to believe them and why,why would Pakistan carry forward a trial,who entire premise is base don evidence provided by the Indian govt,which thanks to the central govts flip flops will now come under a cloud of suspicion.

Has Ajmal Kasab confessed to his role in the Mumbai attack yet,or we are going to see some swami or sadhvi 'confessing' for the same.
You hit a six, bhai. I am wondering myself as to whether we can trust this Con Party anymore or not before it leaves entire India nowhere around the world in terms of dignity and credibility. As such it took US 30 years to realize Pakistani hand in terrorist attacks in India and now we have a mud slinging game that is going on to gain political votebank as usual by the Con party.

Why is it that the GOI is releasing statements before the court proves the man guilty? Seriously, what is the point of mudslinging on Hindu people like this because of one man's mere suspicion? The GOI first ran over from 1 tip of Pakistan to the final tip of Bangladesh, naming every single organization that had any affiliation with any of these countries.

Sometimes I believe that the media bigwigs lie TOI, HT, TH etc have elements that are involved in such cases; जब खबर बनाने वाला और बताने वाला एक हो जाता है तो सोचो वे कितने शक्तिशाली हो सकते हैं । ALL for financial and political gains.

Disgusting. We really need to cap the "FREEDOM OF MEDIA" with some amendments because media is reporting garbage, AS WELL AS do something about the current government.

The Con party has created enough problems in every sector of Indian society and economy in just 1 year: price rise, inflation of currency, scams all time record, no vegetables, onions being sold at the prices of diamond and gold, accusing mainstream Hindus and color coding terrorism, etc etc.

It is a miracle how still so many Indians (if we are to believe that Con party didn't sabotage 2009 elections by bugging the EVMs) continue to trust these people after repeated disasters.

Oracle

/\/\/\ The power @ centre lies in the power grabbed at the grass-root level i.e Assembly elections. This is regional politics for you. There are a lot of Indian who don't like Congress, but vote for them. It's the TINA factor that counts afterall.

Blaming the Congress is no solution. We have to understand why Congress wins, even when BJP plays the Nationalistic card every time. As simple as it is, majority of Indians are not fools.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The reason why Col Purohit ......
Col Purohit is an idiot.

As an army chap he is not to be affiliated to any political or religious organisation, no matter what his personal opinion or view is.

It is only because of this the Army still has some credence.

If the Army personnel had to take sides, this country would be in a chaos as it was after Op Bluestar.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
/\/\/\ The power @ centre lies in the power grabbed at the grass-root level i.e Assembly elections. This is regional politics for you. There are a lot of Indian who don't like Congress, but vote for them. It's the TINA factor that counts afterall.

Blaming the Congress is no solution. We have to understand why Congress wins, even when BJP plays the Nationalistic card every time. As simple as it is, majority of Indians are not fools.
Yeah of course....we can see that now very well..LOL. Do you know what is common between humans and sheep? When both flock together, both act like mindless idiots no matter how intelligible/intelligent a single one of them might be. That is India's voters for you: large number, confused and undecided. This especially is because the educated and disliking class does not vote, leaving the illiterate and semi-literate people vulnerable to politicians' electoral seduction. And then since the class of aware people in voting is less, naturally the greater devil wins.

BJP is another idiot in general but it is a government that I would prefer considering its strong foreign policy and defence mentality as well as enhancing the MMS induced liberalization to what it is today. NDA continued and enhanced economic liberalization without adding to any stupid personal politics (what one would expect from Communists and BSP to do) and that is what brought us to this level today. UPA simply is indecisive apart from being hopelessly corrupt and intentionally negative.

ejazr

Ambassador
The loonies probably felt that any outreach to muslims branded a person as an ISI agent. Hence the plot to kill RSS leaders.

Co-conspirators saw RSS man as ISI mole

NEW DELHI: RSS leader Indresh Kumar may be under CBI scanner for his suspected role in "saffron" terror but he might have been seen as an apostate by the Abhinav Bharat crew with Lt Col Srikant Purohit, held for the Malegaon blast, seeing the Sangh man as an "ISI agent".

In his confession in the Mecca Masjid case, Swami Aseemanand, who claims to know a lot about a number of bomb blasts allegedly carried out by Hindu extremists in 2006-08, has said Purohit saw Indresh as a renegade who had crossed over to the other side.

Aseemanand has recalled that Purohit had "also" once told him that "Indreshji is an ISI agent" and he (Purohit) had documents with him about this — indicating that others might have earlier told the Swami about the RSS man's Pakistan links. He, however, added, "...Col Purohit had never shown him those documents". Purohit — who had worked with Military Intelligence for many years — is currently in jail.

Indresh had earlier attracted sharp criticism from Purohit and other radicals for his attempt to woo Muslims in Jammu & Kashmir. The RSS leader's bid to flag off Muslims on yatras — a scheme that went largely unnoticed — had incensed some of the Abhinav Bharat members.

The Swami in his statement has also claimed that Sunil Joshi (the operational man who was allegedly killed by his own men) had told him that two Muslim boys along with him (Joshi) and others carried out the blast in Ajmer (in October 2007).

"When I asked Sunil Joshi as to how did he get Muslim boys, he told me that Indreshji had given it to him," claimed Aseemanand in his confession, made before metropolitan magistrate Deepak Dabas here last month in connection with the Mecca Masjid blast case of the CBI.

The Swami, born as Naba Kumar Sarkar, while referring to these two Muslim boys said he warned Joshi that if he was caught then Indresh's name would also be exposed. This was why Joshi had a threat on his life from Indresh. Aseemanand claimed that he also told Joshi that by using Muslim boys he would end up being targetted by Islamic extremists too.

Nagraj

if anything . it's getting too confusing.
if rss is involved i want rss banned.
however if this is a conspiracy then then i want our agencies whipped!!!

Oracle

Aseemanand's confession: Pak seeks update on Samjhauta bombing probe

Pakistan on Monday asked India [ Images ] to provide an early update on the probe into the 2007 Samjhauta Express bombing in the wake of a Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangha leader's confession about the involvement of Sangh activists in the attack, in which most of the victims were Pakistanis.

India's acting Deputy High Commissioner G V Srinivas was called to the Pakistan Foreign Office by Director General (South Asia) Afrasiab Mehdi Hashmi, who said information on progress in the investigations should be provided by New Delhi [ Images ] "at the earliest".

In an apparent reference to Swami Aseemanand's confession to a special court in New Delhi, a statement issued by the Pakistan Foreign Office said the Indian diplomat's "attention was drawn to the recent reports in the media on the investigations into the Samjhauta Express blasts of February 2007".

"It was reiterated to him that the government of Pakistan was awaiting the progress made by the government of India in the investigations into the Samjhauta Express blasts," the statement said.

"It was also underlined to Mr Srinivas that a response from the government of India may be conveyed at the earliest," the statement added.

Aseemanand, 59, recently confessed to the involvement of Sangh activists in several terrorist attacks, including the bombing of the Samjhauta Express that killed as many as 68 people, including 42 Pakistanis.

Sources in the Pakistan government told PTI that the foreign office is hoping India will provide an update on the probe into the Samjahuta Express bombing before the foreign secretaries of the two countries hold talks on the margins of a SAARC meeting in Bhutan during February 6-7.

Pakistan had last week asked India to act expeditiously to bring to justice the perpetrators of the Samjhauta Express bombing.

"It took almost four years for the Samjhauta Express investigations to come to this pass. We can only hope that no further time will be squandered in bringing the criminals to justice," Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit told PTI.

Pakistan has asked India several times in the past two years to apprise it of developments in the investigation.

The issue was raised by Pakistani officials and leaders with Home Minister P Chidambaram [ Images ] and External Affairs Minister S M Krishna [ Images ] when they visited Islamabad [ Images ] last year.

Source

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles