RSS Recommends 12-Hour Schools, No Co-Education

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by TheRenegades, Jan 26, 2016.

1. TheRenegades

TheRenegades Regular Member

I'd say let the author, editor, publisher and whoever pushed this idea through re-do 14 years of school for 12 hours and follow their own recommendations. I also have a problem with this that this rule only applies to children in the metros.

This article comes off as dividing urban vs rural, boys vs girls and has some pretty ridiculous proposals.

Every kid, whether he/she is in rural or urban, irrespective of their gender, has an equal stake in the future of this country and making them slaves to schools is not the way to about nurturing and preparing them to lead tomorrow.

Link: http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2016/01/25/rss-education-wing_n_9066986.html?utm_hp_ref=india

NEW DELHI -- In a proposal submitted to the Bharatiya Janata Party-led government, the Rashtriya Swayam Sevak Sangh has recommended that schools in big cities work for longer hours to teach children more languages, and to make life easier for their working parents.

The RSS proposal, submitted to the Human and Resource Development Ministry, also points out that co-education will have to be discontinued if working hours of schools are extended.

It has also emphasised that the new policy should stress on “Indianisation of Education,” The Indian Express reported.

The right wing outfit has now suggested that schools in metropolises work 12 hours a day (7.30 AM – 7.30 PM) to enable children learn more languages, apart from relieving "their (working) parents from the task of making children do homework... or (the) need for (sending) them to tuitions," according to the IE report.

The RSS and other right-wing organisations, collectively called the Sangh Parivar, have grown more vocal about policy matters after the Narendra Modi-led BJP government came to power at the Centre in May 2014.

The ruling party and its ideological partners have been accused by the opposition of trying to "saffronise" the education system.

Earlier in the month, Vidya Bharati Akhil Bharatiya Shikshan Sansthan, an affiliate body of the RSS, said it wanted to set up a model school in every block in the country. Formed in 1977, the Sansthan now runs 12,364 schools and 49 colleges across the country.

Emphasising the importance of learning all languages including English, the RSS in its proposal also made a case for students learning Sanskrit from mid-school onwards, saying it will help them speak and write their mother tongues perfectly without "the assistance of foreign words."

It also reasoned that learning Sanskrit will help improve the children’s pronunciation and spelling skills.

“It’s easy for children to learn languages in childhood. That’s why they should be taught various languages — their mother tongue, Sanskrit, Hindi, English and regional languages,” said the Express report, quoting from the proposal.

The RSS also argued that extending school hours would give students time to extra-curricular activities.

The Hindutva group has also advocated improvements in teachers’ training by introducing a minimum 50%-mark threshold for all aspirants who will then be selected through an entrance exam.

Other suggestions included biometric attendance system and CCTV cameras in classrooms.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  3. Vishwarupa

Vishwarupa Senior Member Senior Member

I think present government should saffronize the current education syllabus and make sure that future Indians are more patriots and nationalist in nature.

Regarding Huffington Post and Indian express- Both are well known presstitutes and are congress stooges.

4. Nuvneet Kundu

Nuvneet Kundu Senior Member Senior Member

This is a welcome move. If our schools are producing anti-national abominations like Amir Khan, Kejriwal, Arundhati, then it is time to rethink our education policy.

There is no such thing as saffronization because India is and always has been a saffron country. It's amusing that those who complain about saffronization and growing saffron influence never complain about taking subsidies funded by saffron tax payer's money. If you want to exclude Hindus from asserting their political views and participating in policy making then please pass a bill in the parliament excluding Hindus from paying any tax. If you want to reject saffronization, then they should reject saffron tax money as well.

Run the country on muslim tax money then we Hindus have no problem sitting quietly and not asserting our rights. In the mean time, since Hindus contribute all the tax that runs this country, they are going to have a say in policy matters whether you like it or not.

5. sorcerer

sorcerer Senior Member Senior Member

Just going through some of the textbooks in the Muslim League dominated education ministry of UDF Govt in Kerala shows the state of things..

“Indianisation of Education" is a must else the coming generation will turn delusional like pakis.

History textbook if full of names related to muslim freedom fighters and rulers. Its like there is some sort of competition in naming people when composing text books.

maomao likes this.
  6. Nuvneet Kundu

This has direct effect on election results. For example, when Vajpayee was PM the syllabus was amended. Those millions who read that new syllabus voted for Modi in 2014. Congress and the western powers know this fact that if ever Hindus are allowed to have pride in themselves then nothing can stop them. That is why they try to have control over our syllabus. We need a constitutional amendment which says that important names cannot be eliminated form history books by any government. We can't keep playing this hide and seek game when every time Congress comes to power, they enforce jihadi literature as school syllabus.

spikey360 likes this.
  7. I_PLAY_BAD

I_PLAY_BAD Regular Member

Agree with Arundhati and Amir. Why Kejriwal is an anti-national ?

8. Keshav Murali

Keshav Murali Back to studies :( Senior Member

12 hours is madness. Knowing many Indian parents, kids might as well have to go through tuition and hours of reading and homework AFTER that.

A change in syllabus, along with REAL history incorporated into books would be a welcome change, however.

9. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

Does paying 10000 rupees for the nirbaya rape convict count? Does claiming that kashmir should have a referendum count? Does claiming that Porki artists should be allowed to earn paisa here despite the various terror attacks from them count?

10. Nuvneet Kundu

This is like, after watching whole movie on Ramayan, you are asking who is Ram and who is Sita :D

Has that fact about Khujliwal not been conclusively proved beyond doubt already? I don't know how to answer this because I don't know where to start and where to end and there are so many things to say that I risk overlooking some of them. If you insist on citation then I'd rather withdraw my assertion rather than go through the trouble of explaining Khujliwal's actions, the list is so big :D

Seriously, haven't you been keeping up with the news all these years? This man is a crook!

Ancient Indian, maomao and Alien like this.
  11. I_PLAY_BAD

You didn't think our law which let out the rapist with minimal punishments as anti-national but a clown who gave money to him as a great anti-national ?
    I agree with you on the rest of the points.

12. I_PLAY_BAD

You didn't think our law which let out the rapist with minimal punishments as anti-national but a clown who gave money to him as a great anti-national ?
    I agree with you on the rest of the points.

13. I_PLAY_BAD

I don't pay much attention on him.

14. Bornubus

Bornubus Senior Member Senior Member

Regressive thinking from a ultra regressive org.

12 hours of madness we don't need to learn any other languages, English, National and regional language is sufficient.

15. prasadr14

prasadr14 Regular Member

Err..
    I think many missed the main point here.
    This program is intended for working parents in Urban areas who don't have anyone to look after the children.

For these parents, this plan would be a boon.

And similar program like this exist in other countries.
    I send my kid in Australia to day care centre for few hours a day. But, there are working couples who send their kids for up to 12 years in day care.

All western schools have after care hours in schools which cater with needs of parents who work late and need some one to look after their children.

But, when the same program which is running in other countries is proposed by RSS, it suddenly becomes a bad one...WHY?
    because it is proposed by RSS!!

16. sasum

sasum Atheist but not Communists. Senior Member

Firstly, let me say with authority, Kejriwal is a pathological liar. He carefully cultivates image of a brilliant crusader but he is neither brilliant (notwithstanding IIT degree) nor a crusader; just an ambitious & greedy commoner who luckily met with unexpected successs in politics. It's just one of those inexplicable thing where a goon in sadhu's garb (Asaram) manages to draw millions of disciples. He consistently attained poor grades in IIT, Kharagpur, but in early 90s there were no expulsions for poor grade. His first job as trainee with a Tata Concern was disastrous and was kicked out. He appeared for combined civil services exam twice, and scraped through in 2nd attempt. Because of low rank, could not secure IAS or IFS, the top two AIS category and allotted IRS which is a lower GCS (General Central Service) . His performance and ACRs as Asstt. & later Jt. Commissioner was just average. His Magsaysay Award was a fruition of vigorous lobbying by Aruna Roy and later Sonia Gandhi.

17. Bahamut

Bahamut Senior Member Senior Member

12 hrs is to much .What we need is to install creativity is education instead of root learning . Reforms should include -
    1.Subject selection to be moved to 9 class.
    2.Include GK as a subject.
    3.If India wants to be a export power house then emphasis on English in lower class should increase.
    4.Instead of Sanskrit,bring course like First aid,cooking,programming and other vocational course to increase productivity.
    5.For lower class ,bring games that bring a scientific temperament and install a sense of national pride and discipline.Also teach them importance of team work.
    6. Don't look far,see at education system in Japan ,South Korea,Singapore etc for inspiration.They have got a lot of things of right.

A chauhan and Nuvneet Kundu like this.
  18. Nuvneet Kundu

That's probably the most comprehensive description of Khujliwal's career graph. There was also some controversy during his IRS tenure, he didn't serve the mandatory number of years so he had to pay a fine, and even that fine was paid late. This power hungry parasite has always hopped on from one plump post to another leaving the previous job unfinished. He had also founded an NGO during his IRS tenure and indulged in roadblock politics (provoking villagers to oppose building of dams, electricity generators and other infra)

19. TheRenegades

Anyone supporting this program should be summarily sent to attend school for 12 hours, 5 days a week. Lets see how you guys fare.

I disagree that this program would help urban parents. Did you forget the amount of books the poor kids carry, we carried, problems in our existing education system, the quality of our teachers, lack of infrastructure, lack of sporting facilities and obviously our lack of golds in sporting events? All the above things are related. Our lack of skilled workforce can also be traced back to our education system. Don't make our kids vote bank robots, and this is exactly what indoctrination at school would do.

On the health front, there was an article how kids these days are myopic and needed to wear glasses for near-sightedness because they spend too much time indoors. This 12 hour program would lead to kids spending more time indoors.

I agree with what @Bahamut said. What we need is a refined, evolving, creative, non political education system, which places importance on learning, skills development and the welfare of the kids.

While history is made by people in power and must be viewed through that glass, history books should not be written by them. Let learned people in educational sciences, child welfare and social sciences, frame the subject matter for the tomorrows generation.

20. Nuvneet Kundu

But then again, the question arises, who decides who is a learned / intellectual? That decision itself is made by political people so they are controlling the education policy by proxy. Even 'eminent scholars' have become eminent because of political patronage.

21. TheRenegades

This is why we need strong autonomous commissions and institutions with the backing of the people who demand the these institutions remain such with perseverance . Elected politicians will then fall in line eventually.

.... Hey you can dream right! one day.