RSS 're-converts' 200 Agra Muslims, says more in line

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Vishwarupa, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Vishwarupa

Vishwarupa Senior Member Senior Member

RSS 're-converts' 200 Agra Muslims, says more in line

AGRA: Members of at least 57 Muslim families were converted to Hinduism at a ceremony called 'Purkhon ki ghar vapsi', a mass conversion jointly organized by Dharma Jagran Samanvay Vibhag, an offshoot of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), and Bajrang Dal in Agra on Monday.

RSS regional head Rajeshwar Singh said more than 200 Muslims were "brought back to Hinduism" in the mass event held in Madhunagar area of the city.

According to organizers, the converts will soon be given new names.

Talking to TOI, Singh claimed that around 5,000 more Muslims and Christians will be "brought back into Hindu fold" in Aligarh on this Christmas. "The grand event will be held at Maheshwari College in Aligarh," he said, daring anyone to stop it.

With saffron flags hoisted on rooftops of makeshift houses in this slum cluster, and matras being recited by priests, members of as many as 57 Muslim families washed feet of Hindu idols to mark their return to the religion. Long vermillion marks were put on their foreheads and they were given Prasad to eat.

Later, RSS and Bajrang Dal activists gave them a 'mantra' to chant the whole day and prepared a list of all the 'converts', to get their voter IDs and Aadhaar cards made, with their new names.

Sharifa, 40, was seen debating the right way of performing an aarti with her daughter-in-law, Afsha, in a small temple that has been erected by RSS men in the slum in Madhunagar. An idol of goddess Kali has also been placed in the temple, as majority of people living in the area hail from West Bengal.

Sufia Begum,76, who is the oldest woman among the converts, told TOI: "I read Quran and offered namaz five times a day. Now at this age, I will read Ganesh aarti. I don't find any major difference in the teachings of the two religions."

"The RSS people assured us that they will provide us better place to live, better food and schooling for my grandsons. I don't mind change of religion, as religion doesn't give us food to eat."

Rajeshwar Singh told TOI that RSS spends Rs 50 lakh every month on conversion of an average 1,000 families. "It spends Rs 8-10 lakh per month on fuel costs alone in west UP," he added.

"We have re-converted 2.73 lakh Muslims and Christians in Braj region that includes Agra, Fatehpur Sikri, Mathura, Firozabad, Etah, Meerut, Mainpuri and Uttarakhand since 2003. The upcoming mass re-conversion event in which some 5,000 Muslims and Christians will be brought back into Hindu fold will be headed by Yogi Adityanath on December 25 in Aligarh," Singh said.

Singh also claimed that RSS has taken possession of as many as 60 churches across the state, where no Christians worship now, "as they have all been re-converted to Hinduism".

"Ek din in girijagharo ki deewarein bhi gir jayengi aur hamara desh sirf hinduon ka hoga (one day these churches will crumble and our country will belong to the Hindus alone)," he added.

Ajju Chauhan, the Bajrang Dal leader who zeroed in on the slum in Madhunagar and organized the mass re-conversion event, was overwhelmed after the puja. More than three dozen RSS and Bajrang Dal members were guarding the pandal to avoid any untoward incident.

Talking to TOI, Aslam Qureishi, prominent Sunni leader of the city, said, "This is just a tactic of the RSS to misguide Muslims."

RSS 're-converts' 200 Agra Muslims, says more in line - The Times of India

Is this fake news? Can anyone confirm the authenticity of the work done by RSS?

I really wonder if RSS is really into mass re-conversion activities or is this a propoganda by christian missionaries telling the world that its not only they who are converting people, we have RSS also who is doing the same.

I see an analogy here, is it the same type where media was spreading propaganda on Saffron terrorism which never existed.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  3. jus

jus Senior Member Senior Member

^^^ I don't think it is fake,I expected something will happen like this after BJP won in mass scale.

Anyway Sickular Voice

These RSS talibans are reconverting poor innocent muslims

Hinduism don't believe in these conversions.

RSS frightening peiceful minority,thus justifying 2 nation theory.

Modi polarizing UP Muslims-Hindu votes

What if they are converted, why this media coverage

and so on :D

4. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Bengali Muslims (the Indian variety) have very little knowledge of Islam and that is my experience have interacted with them and discussed the religion.

Further more, Bengalis are religious internally and 'respect' by paying obeisance to any and every icon of God, be it a mazar, idol or a stone with vermilion painted.

Many a Muslim Bengali have been followers of Hindu Gods like Kazi Narul Islam, the famed port or Firoza Begum, the acclaimed singer.

Popular religion in Bengal often displays syncretism, a mixing of both Hindu and Muslim folk beliefs, deities, and practices. Bengal is famous for its wandering religious mendicant folk musicians (e.g., the Bauls, who disdain caste and conventional Hindu/Muslim religious distinctions in their worship and way of life). In addition to formal worship at Hindu temples and Muslim mosques, popular worship involving religious folk music is widespread, especially at Vaishnavite gatherings ( kirtan ) and among Muslim followers of several Sufi orders ( tarika ) present in Bengal. Bengali Muslims are also known for their practice of "pirism," the cultic following of Muslim saints or holy men (called pirs ).

Therefore, it is not surprising that they have 're-converted'.

Religion is no big deal in Bengal and that is why BJP is scuppering up a huge Muslim backing that has sent shivers down the self acclaimed champion of Muslims, Mamata Bannerjee.

5. santosh10

santosh10 Senior Member Senior Member

and why exactly would India feed these people withni? why would we invite shiits from Bangladesh, 80% people affected by mal-nutrition, a member of LDCs who can't help itself without Humanitarian aid, and then they are coming to India :toilet:

but i would like to see the converties among the forward caste, or the "Gandhian" caste, like how second PM of India, Mr LB Shastri converted into Gandhian caste :india:

i just made a response to a Bangladeshi member on another forum as below, which may have a place here too :thumb:

=>
    they will be killed in India, similar to terrorists entering to other countries and dead on the border :thumb:

parijataka likes this.
  6. ladder

ladder Senior Member Senior Member

Isn't mass conversion or for that matter mass re-conversion banned in India?

7. ezsasa

ezsasa Senior Member Senior Member

Banned only in the case of forced conversions I think.

8. Kshatriya87

Kshatriya87 Senior Member Senior Member

Not as long as they are forced.

9. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Sir, religion is no big deal for Bengali Hindus only...:p

Coalmine and TrueSpirit1 like this.
  10. LordOfTheUnderworlds

LordOfTheUnderworlds Regular Member

Copy-Paste my comment from a Pakistani forum

11. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

What happened to the ABP News?

BJP representative took a swipe at the angry ones in the discussion panel asking them to support anti-conversion law :rofl:

12. Free Karma

Free Karma Senior Member Senior Member

13. Coalmine

Coalmine Regular Member

Media is Enemy of Hindus.
    ABP reporting converts are not converting now. They are giving statement to magistrate

14. Hari Sud

Hari Sud Senior Member Senior Member

Very good work.

RSS, go after Muslim in Bengal. They were victims of Muslim propaganda. That money they were promised never arrived. Hence they are disillusioned. Convert them back.

15. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

Good work RSS.

All those brainwashed converts are welcome to come back to Dharmic Religions.

16. tarunraju

tarunraju Moderator Moderator

I think this is fake. RSS won't do such things overtly, and they won't come up with such cheesy names for their activities.

Mad Indian, parijataka and DingDong like this.
  17. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

News24 channel showed a program "Dharm Adharm" today and showed these activities in a biased Sickular way.

Where were these Sickular TURDS when Muslims/Christians were forcing/spreading their religion by sword/money??? :tsk:

Mad Indian, TrueSpirit1, VIP and 2 others like this.
  18. sasi

sasi Senior Member Senior Member

I wish yogi adianath from bjp lead debate in parl!

Mad Indian likes this.
  19. Free Karma

Free Karma Senior Member Senior Member

rock127 and Mad Indian like this.
  20. sasi

sasi Senior Member Senior Member

Bjp has good chance ,they should communicate how missionaries are converting hindus to other religions!

Bjp should be on offensive!

21. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

The hypocrisy of our MSM retards and the opposition scoundrels amazes me.

So, conversion by Christians and Muslims is seen as normal. Hindutva elements who tried to stop these activities were lambasted as "goons, thugs, anti-freedom, etc.". But the reverse doesn't apply for some reason!!

I agree completely, India is a free country and we cannot have laws preventing conversion. I have always maintained that Hindutva organizations should stop reacting violently to conversions, and try to compete with the others. I have always maintained that Hindutva organizations should start their own conversion efforts, showcasing Hinduism, etc.

I am totally with the Hindutva guys here. They have every right to convert other religions peacefully, without violence and coercion. They have the same right as Mullahs and Missionaries. Opposition scoundrels who want to grant this right only to Mullahs and Missionaries - their hypocrisy is exposed before all.