RSS praises Indira Gandhi for stand against terror

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Galaxy, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

RSS praises Indira Gandhi for stand against terror

Apr 07, 2012

New Delhi: RSS has praised late Indira Gandhi as the only one who had stood her ground against terror while it took a dig at BJP's Jaswant Singh for accompanying Kashmiri terrorists to secure the release of a planeload of Indian hostages.

In its editorial on the current hostage crisis in Odisha, RSS mouthpiece Organiser has said neither the Centre nor the states have a "well-defined policy" on kidnapping and hostage-prisoner swap.

"While Indira Gandhi as Prime Minister in 1984 went ahead and hanged Maqbool Bhat when the Kashmiri terrorists held the 48-year-old Indian diplomat Ravindra Mhatre as hostage. He was killed by the terrorists. Since then there has hardly ever been any instance when the government stood its ground," the editorial in latest edition of Organiser said.

It has cited examples where the government of the day bowed before the terrorists in a hostage situation.
    "
    At Kandahar in 1999, the Indian Foreign Minister Jaswant Singh accompanied top Kashmiri terrorists to secure the release of a planeload of Indians," the mouthpiece said.

The article also mentions the Rubaiya Sayeed case, where the daughter of the then Home Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed, was kidnapped in 1989 by Kashmiri extremists and the government of India had yielded.

The RSS mouthpiece insists that Maoists have used kidnapping successfully as a means not just for securing the release of its cadres but also to gain breathing time for "recouping and regrouping".

The article maintains that a "well-thought out strategy" needs to be put in place to convey that India is not a weak state, failing which the whole anti-terror campaign would become a joke

RSS praises Indira Gandhi for stand against terror - India News - IBNLive

parijataka and panduranghari like this.
  3. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Inspite of things done wrong by IG, she did great things for India.

One has to admire the lady.

4. Nirvana

Nirvana Regular Member

I admire Indira gandhi for what she done in 1971 against pakistan and the decision she took during Golden temple encounter [the peak of Khalistan Movement] !!

Though she is much criticized for what she did during Emergency !! the Misuse of power

she was a "Dictator" - the only Dictator that India saw until now

panduranghari and Galaxy like this.
  5. Nirvana

Nirvana Regular Member

A Brave lady !! she stood up against United states,against Tricky dick and Kissinger :thumb: the best period in Indian history

panduranghari and aerokan like this.
  6. Bachchu Yadav

Bachchu Yadav Regular Member

I really admire determination of the Lady. She was a doer not a philosophy lecturer like Pundit Nehru.

I see hint of Indira's determination and 'doer' quality in Narendra Modi.

panduranghari, aerokan and Tshering22 like this.
  7. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

I see it in Jayalalitha also!

8. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

Paki can deny it, but no sane man tramples on another's graves unless the memories are just too painful. One can visualize the wince of Paki, every time her name comes up. That in itself achievement after all 'giving your enemies a beating that they will not forget even after you are long gone' That is not winning a war but making history.

We only had one such leader in last 65 years i.e. Indira Gandhi. I wish we had another such leader. I only see such ray of hope in Modi but that is just a possiblity and Indira Gandhi is only reality and unparallel courageous leader in modern India. She might not be perfect but one needs to remember, A Woman outclassed all Men with bangles combined. I salute her

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
    panduranghari, aerokan and parijataka like this.
  9. Bachchu Yadav

Bachchu Yadav Regular Member

Unfortunately i don't see in Jaya Amma.

Look at protest at bhavnagar in gujrat and kudankoolam in TN.

She knowinly whipped the sentiments of anti-nuclear protesters, Now complacency from 6 month created a frienkstine monster.

parijataka and LurkerBaba like this.
  10. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

She was da man.

11. arya

arya Senior Member Senior Member

she was true leader who know how to rule .