Rs 300cr more for Bengal Muslim women's rehab

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Ray, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

The scheme is part of the multi-sectoral development project (MSDP) for poor Muslim women, launched under the Prime Minister's 15-point programme for minorities, which followed the Sachar report on Muslims' plight.

This should indicate that Mamata Bannerjee is not always in the confrontationist mode with the Centre.

It also indicates that she is a shrewd politician. She is hell bent to wean away the Muslim vote bank that the Leftists till now enjoy by joining in namazes, throwing iftar parties for not only the notable Muslims, but also the poor and she wears her saree like a Muslim woman when she 'offers' namaz. It is a different matter that she would not know a sausage about the prayers!

It maybe noted that Mamata Bannerjee holds master's degree in Islamic History from the University of Calcutta.

Shows how focussed the woman is!

amitkriit and maomao like this.
  3. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Mad house Bengal and mad mad Mamata. Why not make Bengal part of greater Bangladesh.

maomao likes this.
  4. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

If the money is being targeted towards the poor women and the studies have shown the effectiveness of the programme, then it is kudos to Mamata.

The next step is that it should be targeted irrespective of religious affiliations.

5. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

I agree that it should not have a religious bias.

But India is all about Vote Banks and social engineering.

Sad, but true.

Shabnam Hashmi has been howling about bias in the relief camps after the Bodo Muslim clash.

Poor thing forgets how bias is also shown towards Muslim by every State and our Central Govt.

Selective amnesia of these Muslim activists I reckon!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
    ani82v likes this.
  6. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

What about poor Hindu women of Bengal? Especially the widows?

I can fathom WB being part of Greater Bangladesh only if the 'Bhadralok' commies/secularists are also sent together! However, I know from the history, these Bhadralok will run back to India to pollute the heads of the rest of the country with their freeloading ideology and anti-national activities!

P.S: Secularism at its best - my tax goes to mullah and minorities - so that con-gress and allies get their votes ---- I think their has to be a away or option to see where my money goes or simply dont pay taxes when con-gress is in govt.! I hate to pay taxes to these secular people!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
    ani82v, parijataka and Raj30 like this.
  7. SHURIDH

SHURIDH Senior Member Senior Member

I was always against tripple talaq at a row rule vaild as divorce.
    The neghibour bangladesh allready decleared tripple talaq at a row is invalid and reform divorce law.
    No religious fundamentalist prevents it.
    It also accepted by the people.
    If it is possible in bd than it can be also possible in west bengal too.
    The bengali muslim woman education and employment and promoting the liberal system is the key.
    But i am hopeful for future. the new generation of indian bengali muslim understand the importance of education.
    The number of girls among muslim student in wb is 49.95%in primary level and 56% in upper primary level.
    They all want employment in future.
    Today among medical student 15%are bengali muslim.
    Indian bengali muslim community are going through a change from backwardness to education.
    It may take few years more but after emerges of educated indian bengali muslim youth in muslim community i am hopeful the future will be better and they will take steps of social reform.
    I am not a fan of mamta.
    In every post in dfi i was against her.
    But she takes a good step now.
    She should promote mainstrim educational programme among bengali muslim not madrassa,
    encourage muslim woman in employment.
    And most important one not to let jamat ul hind and aiudf(pds merged with aiudf) make any base in wb.
    Those people don't even got 5% vote even in muslim dominated area.aiudf and pds lose their deposit in all consituency where they contest for the seconed time after 2006.
    But aiudf leader siddiquallh chowdhuri in wb trying to make a base in wb by allying with mamta.
    Mamta should keep her away from those people.
    They are real enemy of indian bengali muslim progress.

8. SHURIDH

SHURIDH Senior Member Senior Member

This programme should also applied to other community in near future if it become success.
    I think it can become great social shield for poor divorced and widowed woman in wb

devgupt, sob and ani82v like this.
  9. ani82v

ani82v Senior Member Senior Member

Why do they need to implement it only for one religious community?
    Don't the women from other communities also suffer? Or they think that Muslim suffering is greater :D?

Nobody has any issues when tax money is spent for the welfare of its citizens. But when you try to play petty politics and do all this non sense in the name religion, concerns are bound to get raised. And then people wonder about causes of Hindu RW's rise.

parijataka and maomao like this.
  10. natarajan

natarajan Senior Member Senior Member

why cant you make some changes in their personal law of talaq,talaq,talaq instead of feeding women affected by their own laws .Why cant they follow common civil law instead of their law as which is against secular and equality

parijataka and maomao like this.
  11. natarajan

natarajan Senior Member Senior Member

It is like encouraging the men to marry n number of women and abandon lakhs and put burden on govenment.What if they marry from pakistan and bangladesh ,then leave them here ?

12. ani82v

ani82v Senior Member Senior Member

After cell phones, govt plans free cycles sop for minority communities - Indian Express

Just days after promising free cell phones to BPL families in what is widely regarded as a pre-election gimmick by the govt, Planning Commission is now reportedly considering a proposal for distributing free bicycles for class nine girl students belonging to the minority communities, government told the Rajya Sabha today.

"The Working Group constituted by the Planning Commission for 12th Five Year Plan has recommended for 'scheme for free bicycle for class IX girl students belonging to the Minority Community'. The scheme is under consideration of the Planning Commission for in-principle approval," Minister of State for Minority Affairs Vincent Pala said.

Replying to a written question, Minister said, "Government has decided to continue schemes for educational empowerment of the notified minority communities including girl students during the 12th Five Year Plan period."

The projects include pre-matric and post matric scholarships, Maulana Azad Fellowships for Minorities and etc.

"Under all these schemes, minimum of 30 per cent scholarships have been earmarked for eligible girl students from minority communities," Pala said.

Government has also announced a Multi-Sectoral Development Program under which the government has been providing financial assistance to the Minority Concentration Districts to construct girl's hostels and provide additional class rooms.

Raj30 likes this.