Rs 200-cr defective guns give the BSF a headache!!!

jackhammer2

Country flag
Why buy sub-machine Guns ?

Buying Sub-machine gun to replace Rifles ?
This is bad reporting nothing else those SMGs were bought to replace SAF carbines not AKs surprisingly BSF also uses MP5K which itself is a great SMG

Anyway I think its great that those carbines turned to be duds they who ever made this decesion deserve that I personelly think they should have gone for INSAS Kalantak. Its a micro assault rifle firing SS109 rounds this means commonality with standard INSAS .

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
this is bad reporting nothing else those smgs were bought to replace saf carbines not aks surprisingly bsf also uses mp5k which itself is a great smg

anyway i think its great that those carbines turned to be duds they who ever made this decesion deserve that i personelly think they should have gone for insas kalantak. Its a micro assault rifle firing ss109 rounds this means commonality with standard insas .
but kalanthak itself has some serious teething problems and thats why it is nt inucte int army

jackhammer2

Country flag
If they add a thicker barrel it may solve the problem but will increase the weight..
Weight is not the only probelm heavier barrel also shifts the whole centre of Mass of the Rifle to the front which makes it difficult to manouver anyway if I am not wrong OFB has made a small system which is cylindrical in shape and helps in cooling the barrel...

Global Defence

New threads

Articles