Rs 200-cr defective guns give the BSF a headache!!!

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Baretta used to stand for quality... what happened?
When it comes to supplying things to India, the quality lies in kickbacks, perhaps.

So IPS and Chidambaram have found routes to their Arms deal kickbacks? Poor BSF can only jeer at them ... !!

hitesh

^ has Sonia taken the tender for all the misdeeds:tsk: ,no need to bash a name specific every time . Face book if too is full of these type idiotic comments .

I have written to kapil je to take care of this mess :lol:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
^ has Sonia taken the tender for all the misdeeds:tsk: ,no need to bash a name specific every time . Face book if too is full of these type idiotic comments .

I have written to kapil je to take care of this mess :lol:
Are barrettas made in China?
NO. I only stated facts>

Refute the fact rather than threatening with Sibal .

hitesh

Are barrettas made in China?
NO. I only stated facts>

Refute the fact rather than threatening with Sibal .

fact :lol: sonia behind defective guns, sonia behind if typhoon would have bin selected ,sonia behind Italian ships shootout ,sonia behind all corruption as she is a scape goat all because she used to be an Italian national who had the guts to be most powerful person in INDIA .

:rolleyes: but i never voted for congress in my life .

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
fact :lol: sonia behind defective guns, sonia behind if typhoon would have bin selected ,sonia behind Italian ships shootout ,sonia behind all corruption as she is a scape goat all because she used to be an Italian national who had the guts to be most powerful person in INDIA .

:rolleyes: but i never voted for congress in my life .

The question of fact was who makes Barretta Guns?

Please do not side track the matter of fact.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Political mess and Gun malfunction ? this happens not because of Politics..

Indian army ordered Karsnoop Guided Shells in hundreds back in past, All of them were duds..

Anyways, Buying and arming men with sub-machine gun was a political move and it did fill someone pocket, Unfortunately the guns proved to be duds..

So who ever played in this is in limelight now..

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

Indian army ordered Karsnoop Guided Shells in hundreds back in past, All of them were duds..

Anyways, Buying and arming men with sub-machine gun was a political move and it did fill someone pocket, Unfortunately the guns proved to be duds..

But to some, it happens every time !

Killswitch

Country flag
When I heard about this order I thought it was a mistake. I dont understand why you need submachine guns on the border, when a carbine like TAVOR is available through the OFB.

TAVOR is already in use and is proven, and they bought this unproven system instead.

Sometimes i feel like every Babu in charge of procurement should be fired. I feel like a few of us on this forum could make better decisions.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
When I heard about this order I thought it was a mistake. I dont understand why you need submachine guns on the border, when a carbine like TAVOR is available through the OFB.

TAVOR is already in use and is proven, and they bought this unproven system instead.

Sometimes i feel like every Babu in charge of procurement should be fired. I feel like a few of us on this forum could make better decisions.

OFB is not making any 9mm version of TAR-21 nor TAR-21 either..

Zittara was never produced but rename and move for further research for FINSAS..

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag

The BSF are not only posted at Borders. They take up internal security tasks too. Further, Border Security doesn't mean that you will only shoot across the border. There are villages and towns at the border, which could be venue of Close Quarter Battle, for which Carbine is ideal. Also, having weapon mix for various battle scenario is something I think every force considers. Else, the RPF wouldn't use INSAS or AKM inside Metro.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag

kunal i dont think buying submachine guns for bsf was a wrong move coz SMGs are suitable options for drivers ,rcket launchers crews,wireless operators and mortar and MMG crews compared to full length assault rifles like akms due to the ease of portability.
Even though beretta is a comparatively new design, except in our case there was no major complaint about its malfunction heard before.
Its true that tavor could have bewn inducted as it is a proven one but its price is about 2.5 lakh and even this tavor had some major problems in the initial stages of deployment when given to SFF.
As beretta had assure about the replacement of all the faulty weapons i dont think there is much to worry about as they will not do anything which will affect their reputation.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
kunal i dont think buying submachine guns for bsf was a wrong move coz SMGs are suitable options for drivers ,rcket launchers crews,wireless operators and mortar and MMG crews compared to full length assault rifles like akms due to the ease of portability.Even though beretta is a comparatively new design, except in our case there was no major complaint about its malfunction heard before.Its true that tavor could have bewn inducted as it is a proven one but its price is about 2.5 lakh and even this tavor had some major problems in the initial stages of deployment when given to SFF.As beretta had assure about the replacement of all the faulty weapons i dont think there is much to worry about as they will not do anything which will affect their reputation.
SMG are given to officers and JCO mainly in a Infantry system ans sub system, But there range and killing power let them down, These are not good against tangos, they will get hit, fall and then again stand up running..

AKM with folded butt is short and is not a difficult to handle its extremism good compare to a 9mm SMG in both range and power, The size is small and its good firearm in CQB to spray bullets and kill so does on ranges upto 150m accurate..

TAR-21 is too costly, I would say lets give them the P-rail and Optics kit with BP vest and better helmet at same price of a single TAR-21..

Global Defence

New threads

Articles