Rs 200-cr defective guns give the BSF a headache!!!

SPIEZ

Country flag
30,000 guns @ 200crores :shocked:

They could have been given some home made AK's instead of that.

pmaitra

There were quite a few people particularly vocal in criticizing the INSAS, most of them who have not used them on a day to day basis. Where are they now?

What was the need to replace Rifles with SMG?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
They must want a close-quarter weapon. AK isn't so good in tight spaces.
AK is good, Not bad, SMG is better in CQB ops, But AK kills and its good in medium ranges, While SMG 9mm or 5.7mm is not very good beyond 70ms..

Spindrift

The Beretta Mx4 which the BSF got is the modified version of Cx4 which was manufactured for the civilian market... so basically what they did was that took a weapon designed for the civilian market and converted to be used with the armed forces... the two changes the made to Cx4 were 1). from semi-auto to full auto and 2). changed the caliber from .45 ACP to 9MM ... and this is how the Mx4 was born...
And why on earth would you give a 9MM sub machine gun to a force like BSF? I mean what the hell were these guys smoking :frusty:

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
May be the berettas were aimed at replacing the antique sterling SMGs...And the media could have mistakenly reported it that they were to replace insas instead of sterlings.

hitesh

bsf IS REPLACING THERE 9MM STRLING (STENGUN) WITH THESE NEW SMG .i GUESS ITS CHEAPER THAN 9MM ZITZRA (AKA tAVORE).

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
The Beretta Mx4 which the BSF got is the modified version of Cx4 which was manufactured for the civilian market... so basically what they did was that took a weapon designed for the civilian market and converted to be used with the armed forces... the two changes the made to Cx4 were 1). from semi-auto to full auto and 2). changed the caliber from .45 ACP to 9MM ... and this is how the Mx4 was born...
And why on earth would you give a 9MM sub machine gun to a force like BSF? I mean what the hell were these guys smoking :frusty:
So that is why they over charge us therefore we got Rs.66,666/- per SMG :frusty:
There goes our hard earn money paid in taxes :frusty::frusty:
Cant they get Indian made guns ???

hitesh

The Beretta Mx4 Storm is a new submachine gun version of the Beretta Cx4 Storm semi-automatic carbine. The Mx4 has been designed for the Indian Ministry of Home Affairs who should be receiving their first shipment in the next 12 months.The gun is chambered in 9x19mm NATO. It features a 12" barrel and has a total length of 25". It weights 6.28 lbs (including magazine). I am guessing that the magazine pictured is Beretta's 30 round magazine. I could be wrong, but it looks to me like the barrel is threaded for a suppressor and a thread protector has been screwed on.

Beretta MX4 submachine gun is the newest product of the world's oldest gun making company, Beretta of Italy. It was first announced during IDEX 2011 exhibition, along with information that Indiaordered 34 500 Beretta MX4 submachine guns for its Ministry of Home Affairs forces.

Beretta MX4 submachine gun is based on the successful Beretta CX4 Storm semi-automatic carbine, originally developed for civilian and security use. It uses same blowback operated action with polymer body of the gun and fixed shoulder stock, as well as same ambidextrous controls. Charging handle can be set at either side of the gun, ejection also can be arranged either to the left or to the right, according to user preferences. Double stack magazines are inserted into the pistol grip, standard magazine capacity is 30 rounds. Beretta MX4 submachine gun is normally equipped with iron sights, and an integral Picatinny rail is provided at the top of the receiver for installation of additional sights (Red Dot, IR/Night etc)

Last edited:

hitesh

new russian SMG
izhmash Bizon SMG -- The submachine gun "Bizon" is a weapon for the law enforcement and special forces. There are several modifications of the weapon chambered for different rounds: "Bizon-2" in 9x18 mm. Makarov pistol cartridge, and "Bizon-2-01" in 9x19 mm. Parabellum. The main distinguishing feature of the "Bizon" is the large capacity magazine placed under the barrel. This magazine holds 64 Makarov cartridges, or 53 Parabellum rounds. The underbarrel magazine does not increase overall dimensions of the weapon and functions as the forearm during shooting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
There are Indian made submachine guns, but I guess it's not good enough...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles