Romney: Palestinians do not want peace

pmaitra

Mitt Romney secret video reveals views on Middle East

A new secret video clip has emerged of remarks by Republican candidate Mitt Romney, saying the Palestinians are committed to Israel's destruction.

He tells donors the Middle East will "remain an unsolved problem... and we kick the ball down the field".

The video is from the same event as a clip released on Monday, in which Mr Romney says almost half of Americans "believe that they are victims".

The leak comes seven weeks before the US presidential election.

Speaking on Fox News on Tuesday, Mr Romney stood by his comments, leaked on Monday, that 47% of Americans who do not pay income tax support President Barack Obama and would never vote for him.

"Those that are dependent on government and those that think government's job is to redistribute, I'm not going to get them," Mr Romney said, describing redistribution as "an entirely foreign concept".
In another clip, the former Massachusetts governor is shown discussing Iran's nuclear programme, and warning that America itself could come under attack.

"If I were Iran - a crazed fanatic - I'd say let's get a little fissile material to Hezbollah, have them carry it to Chicago or some other place, and then if anything goes wrong, or America starts acting up, we'll just say, 'Guess what? Unless you stand down, why, we're going to let off a dirty bomb'."
Source and video: BBC News - Mitt Romney secret video reveals views on Middle East

Global Defence

New threads

Articles